It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation of climate change made easy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It all ties in to the brighter sun.

With more energy the sun as an electric capacitor just goes bat [snipped] crazy, so that it's not performing at efficient levels. The magnetosphere of the earth drops, and then more harmful rays of the sun can get through, causing an expansion of our atmosphere back out into space. Not to mention what direct CME blasts can do to it. Shields down ain't never a good thing.

The natural defense forces of the Earth to compensate is of course having more water evaporate into the atmosphere. Nothing blocks radiation like water. And nothing helps an area cool like water evaporating. Water is blue color, so some days when the sky is clear of chemtrail crap, you'll see a fuller color blue because of all the water in the air.

But then again, all this water traps more heat and makes our climate worse.

That's why we're getting all the rain and flash flooding around the earth.
edit on Tue Jul 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Explanation of climate change made easy

Climate change is BS.

There, my example is even simpler.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

How someone can deny the obvious going on all around them is just beyond me.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I agree, OP, I don't believe in total anthropogenic climate change. (Although what we do is NOT GOOD for the environment, it certainly isn't the cause of the climate kerfuffle.)

Yep, couldn't get any simpler than that, except one detail.

Climate Change isn't "change" per say. We have been there before, the planet goes through cycles; as does the sun and all other things in our Stellar system. Humanity has found a way to adapt and survive, we will do so again.

Word of advice?

-Don't build your house near a river or in a basin or by the ocean and complain when the water floods you.

-If you live in a part of the world that gets frequent tornadoes, invest in a cellar or a basement.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Further question on your OP. I don't agree that the sun is the reason for the "shields down" mentality of the Earth's magnetic field. Why do you believe this.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Glad you saw this post, I'm in complete agreement with you. Cycles baby.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

It's just that our magnetosphere's power comes from the sun, so when our power is low it's because the sun isn't fueling it correctly.

What's your take?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

The magnetic field is a self sustaining dynamo that is created by the movement of the earth's core against its liquid layers and mantle. Because the Core of the Earth spins at a different rate than the entirety of the planet. I am no scientist, so I do not know, this is just what I think. I look at Mars, dead planet with little field, and the only thing I can think that is different is that mars is no longer geomagnetically active. Its core is dead... therefore its field is all but stripped off of it from Sol rays.

Not to say that you are not correct, there very well could be a great correlation to the existence of our magnetic field and then Sun.

As to why its failing, well that too is cyclical. Earth is long overdue for a magnetic pole reversal of some form and its been showing signs of such a swap for a long time. The shield must reach complete weakness before its "tethers" break and it springs back up in a new position.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Yeah I think we might yet still agree. What causes a magnetic field but movement of something (earth/core spin) through an electric current? The iron core in and of itself is not enough to sustain it. Remember how well something molten retains a charge.

Thanks for your amazingly clear explanation.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

There are three types of magnetospheres..

First type is known as Intrinsic:

A magnetosphere is classified as "intrinsic" when R_CF >> R_P, or when the primary opposition to the flow of solar wind is the magnetic field of the object. Mercury, Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune exhibit intrinsic magnetospheres.

Second is Induced:

A magnetosphere is classified as "induced" when R_CF

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust

How someone can deny the obvious going on all around them is just beyond me.

All that's going on around us is just normal weather cycles interspersed with BS. This is all about Global LAWS, nothing else.
I'm nearly 60 and I'm not seeing ANYTHING weatherwise that I'd call - out of the ordinary!.

If you were cut off from your TV and internet etc you wouldn't have even the slightest inkling that there's anything wrong. You only think its true because your TOLD its true.

LOOK OUTSIDE - WHAT DO YOU SEE? Nothing, its all perfectly normal.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Didnt CERN do a study on this and confirm that solar activity was the main culprit behind climate change (As it was for the many warming and cooling periods over human history, much less geological time)?
Funny how when the most respected scientific institution on the plant contradicts the alarmist mainstream, the media don't report on it. Why is that, I wonder?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I doubt there is one and only one reason for what is happening to the earth and solar system at large but anyone who denies the sun plays a major part in the equation needs to get outside more..... mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Martian Ice Shrinking Dramatically

New gullies that did not exist in mid-2002 have appeared on a Martian sand dune.

That's just one of the surprising discoveries that have resulted from the extended life of NASA's Mars Global Surveyor, which this month began its ninth year in orbit around Mars. Boulders tumbling down a Martian slope left tracks that weren't there two years ago. New impact craters formed since the 1970s suggest changes to age-estimating models. And for three Mars summers in a row, deposits of frozen carbon dioxide near Mars' south pole have shrunk from the previous year's size, suggesting a climate change in progress.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Prediction of a global climate change on Jupiter
Philip S. Marcus

Top of pageJupiter's atmosphere, as observed in the 1979 Voyager space craft images, is characterized by 12 zonal jet streams and about 80 vortices, the largest of which are the Great Red Spot and three White Ovals that had formed1 in the 1930s. The Great Red Spot has been observed continuously since 1665 and, given the dynamical similarities between the Great Red Spot and the White Ovals, the disappearance, 4 of two White Ovals in 1997−2000 was unexpected. Their longevity and sudden demise has been explained however, by the trapping of anticyclonic vortices in the troughs of Rossby waves, forcing them to merge. Here I propose that the disappearance of the White Ovals was not an isolated event, but part of a recurring climate cycle which will cause most of Jupiter's vortices to disappear within the next decade. In my numerical simulations, the loss of the vortices results in a global temperature change of about 10 K, which destabilizes the atmosphere and thereby leads to the formation of new vortices. After formation, the large vortices are eroded by turbulence over a time of 60 years—consistent with observations of the White Ovals—until they disappear and the cycle begins again.

www.nature.com...
Pluto is undergoing global warming, researchers find
October 9, 2002

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.--Pluto is undergoing global warming, as evidenced by a three-fold increase in the planet's atmospheric pressure during the past 14 years, a team of astronomers from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Williams College, the University of Hawaii, Lowell Observatory and Cornell University announced in a press conference today at the annual meeting of the American Astronomical Society's (AAS) Division for Planetary Sciences in Birmingham, AL.

The team, led by James Elliot, professor of planetary astronomy at MIT and director of MIT's Wallace Observatory, made this finding by watching the dimming of a star when Pluto passed in front of it Aug. 20. The team carried out observations using eight telescopes at Mauna Kea Observatory, Haleakala, Lick Observatory, Lowell Observatory and Palomar Observatory. Data were successfully recorded at all sites.

An earlier attempt to observe an occultation of Pluto on July 19 in Chile was not highly successful. Observations were made from only two sites with small telescopes because the giant telescopes and other small telescopes involved lost out to bad weather or from being in the wrong location that day. These two occultations were the first to be successfully observed for Pluto since 1988.

So as per your op IMO the sun is an obvious part of the equation. There was another thread around here talking about the sun's position passing through some insteller cloud which could be a contributing factor to all the climate osolations we are experiencing.

Humans like one neat simple answer to complex problems; alas that is not always the case.......

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yeah I too once thought it was a bunch of hogwash, that they're trying to pass laws to stifle developing world countries. Which is true, but that ain't the whole of it. So I can understand what you're saying.

The only thing is that all I need to do is step outside and see the sun, and then see all the rain here, and listen to the sound of thunder that's also changed. Or the little holes in the leaves. Or...well you get the idea.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Didnt CERN do a study on this and confirm that solar activity was the main culprit behind climate change (As it was for the many warming and cooling periods over human history, much less geological time)?
Funny how when the most respected scientific institution on the plant contradicts the alarmist mainstream, the media don't report on it. Why is that, I wonder?

Really? Haha, never heard about that, thanks. They give us little things here and there and the watchdog occasionally slips up, which is always fun.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thanks. Solar wind and ionospheres and ions etc are all terminology of course to keep folks from thinking:

ELECTRICITY

Where?

In spaaaaaace....

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Wow, great stuff, thanks for that.

Yes, the fluff of stuff, it took Nasa by surprise, but not the Mayans. Funny how that works. Right on time too according to Kronology.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Yeah I too once thought it was a bunch of hogwash, that they're trying to pass laws to stifle developing world countries. Which is true, but that ain't the whole of it. So I can understand what you're saying.
Not all hogwash then

The only thing is that all I need to do is step outside and see the sun
And?
It's round and yellow, same as it's been for....a long long time.

and then see all the rain here,
Rain is quite normal, well, apart from the chemicals that it brings down with it.

and listen to the sound of thunder that's also changed.

You lost me completely with that one. Please explain.

Or the little holes in the leaves.
Insects.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Not all hogwash then

The only thing is that all I need to do is step outside and see the sun
And?
It's round and yellow, same as it's been for....a long long time.

and then see all the rain here,
Rain is quite normal, well, apart from the chemicals that it brings down with it.

and listen to the sound of thunder that's also changed.

You lost me completely with that one. Please explain.

Or the little holes in the leaves.
Insects.

I don't know how to split up the quotes for better readability, so here goes this way.

1) Yes, not all hogwash
2) I think you might be the only one on the planet who today considers the sun yellow.
3) Rainfall amounts are no where near normal.
4) the sound of thunder is much deeper than 10 years, 20 and 30 years ago. More electricity in the air.
5) If you look carefully at the holes in the leaves, they aren't made from insects. And they usually occur on the smaller leaves getting lots of direct sunlight.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

WHAT?? you can't be serious. you're being sarcastic right?

"brighter sun" "electric capasitor" "water is blue color" "rain and flash flooding"

i don't normally say this but...... this is the worst post i've ever read in this forum. unless you're being funny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join