It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ: Blow-out in Gulf of Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

WSJ: Blow-out in Gulf of Mexico

enenews.com

A Gulf of Mexico platform operated by Energy Resources Technology (ERT) is apparently leaking natural gas after the company reported a “loss of well control” Tuesday morning during a temporary plugging operation, US regulators said. [...] Ship Shoal Block 225 Platform B about 74 miles off Port Fourchon, Louisiana had been evacuated after the event. “According to ERT’s site assessment, natural gas is flowing from the well and there is a rainbow sheen visible on the surface estimated to be more than four miles wide by three quarters of a mile long,” [...] A Coast Guard spokesman said w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
As if we don't have enough # going on. Well I suppose this is par for the course. Enjoy the new beginnings of the New Age and the end of the last epoch.

I suppose most of the marine life has died or left those areas anyway. *sarcasm*

I am sure this is nothing in the grand scheme of things and we are clearly at a point in our evolution that we needn't concern ourselves with oversight when its easier to pretend nothing's wrong.

enenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I know we need these resources, we need to get them out of the ground, and these accidents are bound to happen. But is seems as of late, the safety and regulation side of dangerous goods transportation (and removal) has become lax. Not just in the USA or Canada (

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What happens if a lightning storm comes up ?

What could be the damage ?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

clean and friendly energy is not something that can be sold/controlled.

Our entire global economy is based on oil. It ain't going no where.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

clean and friendly energy is not something that can be sold/controlled.

Our entire global economy is based on oil. It ain't going no where.

That can easily change as quickly as Egypt's government. Lets be real here, its all a ruse because it's all built on "confidence". Lose confidence = Game Over. Quick over there look! It's, it's Iran trying to wipe Israel off the face of the map! Invade! Invade!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Money is based on confidence, however dependence on petroleum products at this point is a fact of life. I don't think you realize how dependent the world is on petroleum products you are most likely surrounded by it right now. Stopping it right now period would collapse the world economy and the great depression would just be "we got a little sad one time".
I am all for new and cleaner energy but it is not economically viable at this time. The market will gradually get there though.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

My friend you hit the nail on the head.

I have an Isuzu diesel pickup at my overseas location. Back roads and suburban driving I get 41 mpg and on the highway I get around 55 mpg if I say below 100kph. My wife's Nissan car (gas powered) get 41 mpg with city driving dunno what it would get on the highway? I read Germany has produced a diesel car that get close to 80 mpg but the USA has barred it's importation. In the states the Jeep suv get 20 mpg if I watch what I am doing....

the reason I bring this up....

Think about the taxes the government gets from every gallon of gas pumped in the states a day...the last figure I saw was 386,000,000 gallons; the United States federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel fuel which is federal only and does not count the state leeching which can bring the total up to 45 cents per gallon in taxes. Diesel and trains/trucks are the backbone of our distribution network; do the math. Due to the economy and people driving less there are already plans to tax each and every mile one would drive and once they can sell the idea "for the good of the children or mother earth or it is only a little to help us balance the budget" watch what happens. I think I will be dead and gone before that crap happens....I hope.

Hydrogen powered generators that can power a complete house which "he has seen a working model" could be made and has been made according to Jim Marrs and it is cheap to manufacture.... but good luck on getting them in the hands of the population of the world.

Believe Jim or not the taxes on the fuel we use and the money the government extracts for the sale ain't gonna disappear any time soon.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

not everything is a government conspiracy.

buy a vehicle that is appropriate.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by iam6degrees
reply to post by 727Sky

not everything is a government conspiracy.

buy a vehicle that is appropriate.

Never said it was a conspiracy for the facts and figures are available for just about anyone who can read and put two and two together. My vehicles are what I wanted and was able to pay for. My decision and not anyone else s. My reply was to another poster that I agreed with which must have been lost on you.

Smart growth, regionalism, and all the other buzz words for agenda 21 and their green jobs (65,000 jobs went overseas not the states) wind power gets 101 x subsidy which we all pay for with our tax dollars; same for most subsidized green plans... I am all for doing smart things but unfortunately it takes smart people and policies not crony capitalism to formulate policies that actually accomplish something. Feel good lip service is getting to the point that someday soon air-head people and policies will not be able to hood wink/lie to the public. Well a fellow can hope, no?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Here is a direct link to the WSJ article - rather than wrapped/embedded in that other site.

edit on 2013-7-10 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I worked in the Louisiana oil industry some years ago. This happens all the time but kept quiet. If the pollution is not seen on the surface, its on the bottom because chemicals are used to make it sink. Out of site, out of mind. I am surprised with so many Louisiana oyster slurpers and crawfish eaters, there isn't much more disease and sickness in that area of the US.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The world is held in a stranglehold by the energy companies, the ONLY end that they have is to continue making as much profit as possible for as long as possible while investing as little as possible.

C'mon, why does the world still run on the chemical release of energy?

Why is a technology from the 19th century the one controlling the world?

Because it is the best? Most effective?

Or because the richest in the world have an interest in that 19th century technology?

Derek

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
An old well that was being plugged.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Good Lord, that's terrifying.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
I know we need these resources, we need to get them out of the ground, and these accidents are bound to happen. But is seems as of late, the safety and regulation side of dangerous goods transportation (and removal) has become lax. Not just in the USA or Canada (

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Think about the taxes the government gets from every gallon of gas pumped in the states a day...the last figure I saw was 386,000,000 gallons; the United States federal excise tax on gasoline is 18.4 cents per gallon and 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel fuel which is federal only and does not count the state leeching which can bring the total up to 45 cents per gallon in taxes. Diesel and trains/trucks are the backbone of our distribution network; do the math.

That is around 65 billion a year. It is a lot but doesn't even cover the food stamp program. It is cause the only value that the dollar has is the fact oil is valued in dollars.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Drill, baby, drill!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
I know we need these resources, we need to get them out of the ground, and these accidents are bound to happen.

But when you really look at the reasons we need these resources, DO WE?

How many millions of people travel every day, wasting tons of fuel, for a job they could do from home, or from a regional hub? How many trashy little wastes of plastic are produced every year, things that we DO NOT NEED? How much needless packaging is produced and then discarded by ignorant Humans every single day? How many fuel sources and efficiency methods are ignored because powerful corporations making billions a year suppress their production and use? How many high-rise buildings sit empty every night, lights on, air con blowing, and how many of those buildings are actually needed to begin with? How many millions of people get in a gas-guzzling car on their own every day to travel less than a mile? How many of them COULD be giving up a seat to others so they don't waste fuel doing exactly the same thing and going to exactly the same place?

There are a thousand and one ways in which we could all limit waste and use. There is a big difference between NEED and WANT. What we actually NEED is some tight controls on corruption and greed, and a concerted effort across the board to not only reduce use, but increase efficiency and develop alternatives.

There is no single solution, but from what I can see we have done bugger all to change anything. With so many options open to us, recycling is the LEAST we should be doing and really all that has been achieved - and that was only really achieved because of corporate greed.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If I get to work this I will post what I see. Just got hired to clean stuff up like this and oil spills.

top topics

join