It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geolocate Dangerous Guns and Owners with the Gun Geo Marker.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
See something....say something.

Have you recently seen your neighbor transporting (possibly illegal) guns to and from their residence and vehicle?

Do you believe, like most, that only our trusted law enforcement and government should be allowed to have guns?

Are your neighbors just plain old suspicious?

A new Android app allows you to solve this -

Geolocate Dangerous Guns and Owners with the Gun Geo Marker. Geolocation means marking dangerous sites on the App's map so that you and others can be aware of the risks in your neighborhood.

The Gun Geo Marker operates very simply, letting parents and community members mark, or geolocate, sites associated with potentially unsafe guns and gun owners. These locations are typically the homes or businesses of suspected unsafe gun owners, but might also be public lands or other locations where guns are not handled safely, or situations where proper rights to own or use any particular type of firearm may not exist.

Electronically marking these locations can help others in the area learn about their geography of risk from gun accidents or violence. No matter what your safety concern with firearms might be, you should feel free to use this tool to provide the most accurate information you can such that others can make their own safety decisions. As a crowd sourced information tool, the information about dangerous gun sites comes from users.

Let's examine this one quote again -

or situations where proper rights to own or use any particular type of firearm may not exist.

Where would that be?

play.google.com...#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDIxMiwiZWR1LnVjc2QudmlzYXJ0cy53YWxraW5nd G9vbHMuZ3VuZ2VvbWFya2VyIl0.

Some screen shots of the app -

The Walkingtools Gun Geo Marker allows community organizers and parents to mark the locations of known, dangerous gun owners.

www.walkingtools.net...

Community Organizers, huh?

Thoughts?
edit on 9-7-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I don't know why I'm shocked by this. So anyone who wants to turn in someone can. If say someone against guns knows I have one they can list my house? I see a lot of problems coming out of this. Didn't NY announce gun owners homes and get in trouble? *Please correct me if I have that wrong*

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well,

There ya go, America, more fodder for your witch hunts. I imagine that there are folks that can't wait to use this app to geo-locate the nearest neighbor that they perceive to be a 'gun-nut', or 'redneck'. It will be immediately put to use in the service of class-warfare.

edit on 9-7-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
That is so not right!
How would they even explain knowing where those unsafe places are.
When will enough be enough!?!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Some questions:
If someone imputs into this app do they remain anonymous?
Who checks the validity of the reports?

This seems ripe for abuse and a great tool to harrass and cause innocent people trouble.

Or, perhaps it could be used by privacy minded people to so overload/flood the app with false reports as to render it worthless.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
mark all the police stations and military bases ...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think this could effectively be implemented along with an equal time caveat.
The app should come bundled with a similar app that shows the locations of homes that are not defended by firearms.

It would be very comforting to know where the defenseless members of society are so that the class warfare can reap more effective benefits.

Maybe we could even give a rating of home value and personal income versus how defenseless the occupants of the home are. A safety rating and targeting system that shows the least offensive yet most wealthy target...er participants are located.

Yep,
I think that would be a dandy addition to our new game of "If the Nazis had owned smartphones."

edit on 9-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
exactly!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I wonder how many people are going to use that to mark police. I guess no one really understands that stuff can be abused anymore.
edit on 9-7-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

exactly!

You can find that with the yellow pages.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
yes just geolocate the felon or gang member down the street that has a illegal firearm.

Ether he come over a rips your face off or after the cops arrest the guy with the gun his friend show up to take care of business.

Anyone that would geolocate me would find them self in court.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by grubblesnert

exactly!

You can find that with the yellow pages.
yea but that takes effort and a little skill.
Just look around next time your in public and compare the amount of idiots with their heads buried in their i-phones compared to people referencing info from a book.......any book of any kind!

P.S I liked and starred your "If Nazi's had smartphones" response

edit on 9-7-2013 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The app makers should be sued immediately. Leave people the hell alone! If you don't want to exercise your right to bear arms than don't. This is just ridiculous what makes an average citizen qualified to be able to tell if a gun is legal or illegal. That won't even be asked it will be a SWAT team busting down your door with a "warrant" from an anonymous tip.
After they have detained you and confiscated your weapons they may check to see if you are registered. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!

First and foremost it is important to understand that in the United States, citizens have a constitutional right to own firearms. While this right is subject to many different laws and zoning regulations that vary greatly by state and locality, your use of the Walkingtools Gun Geo Marker should always be guided by your understanding of the second amendment to the United States Constitution. While no set of guidelines can possibly address every situation, there are a number of things you should consider before electronically marking somebody’s home, business or other property as potential location of concern over guns or unsafe owners. The following guidelines, always with a particular attention to your own personal safety and local circumstances, should be taken into consideration before using the software.

What about a persons right to privacy?
edit on 9-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
so if were gonna start making an app for every bad idea( this is a horrible idea) sure this could end well

for the reccord i dont condone or approve of what i am about to say just using it as an extreme examples.and is based off a post i saw on fb on this topic

so i guess we can create a list of those who go into abortion clinics to get abortions and let every one know whos getting one(some people consider that dangerous or unsafe behavior)

i guess we can also start posting addresses of women's domestic violence shelters as if people dont have a right to privacy why do they? i mean its not irresponsible to post the addresses and names of potential gun owners(i say this cuz i dobut they vett it for accuracy) and if they dont have a right to privacy why do they?

how about an app for employers who hire illegals that posts the illegals name and address or hey just post the illegals address(not that ice would do anyhting)

guess we can post the addresses and locations of corrupt police officers/politicians because hey they are acting dangerous/irresponsible sure why dont we create an app to let us know where their children go to school

hey why not stop there some of those people in the witness protection program used to be criminals! we must find and publish their addresses so they can be brought to justice for making mistakes in their lives

why stop there hey some people who are ruled innocent in a court of law were obiously guilty we must post their names and addresses so that justice can be done........

back to more serious take on it,i dont see how this is even legal or even a half of a good idea and for the record i dont really support all the things i said above but hey looking at it that way sure makes others understand why gun owners might want a little privacy,as hey if i saw a post saying some one left un locked guns around and if i was a criminal that to me= a list of homes to rob to get an easy untraceable gun i don't see how this can be legal let alone how some idiot thought it was a good idea

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
yes just geolocate the felon or gang member down the street that has a illegal firearm.

Ether he come over a rips your face off or after the cops arrest the guy with the gun his friend show up to take care of business.

Anyone that would geolocate me would find them self in court.
or you could geolocate every address in, let's say a half mile radius of yours. A virtual sea of dubious anonymous reports with you lost in the middle of it.
Heck! make it a mile radius!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If I had the time or inclination, I would post every address as a owner of a firearm. Kind of a reverse DOS attack. They may not even own a firearm, but according to the app, they own a BMG-1000.

Sometimes things like this can bite them in the ass.

I would say, find out who made this app, who marketed it and...well you know. Say that they have every weapon known to man under their roof.
edit on 9-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The marking guidelines:

* Possible unlocked/loaded/unsafe storage
* Possible insufficient training
* Guns and unsupervised children
* Guns and substance abuse
* Possible medical related concern
* Neighborhood talk, unsafe
* Possible high conflict, armed neighbor
* Possible out of place, large arsenal
* Documented/frequent unlawful discharge
* Possible illegal weapons on premises
* Possible prohibited persons
* Possible anti-government/terror threat
* Other concern (describe)

Also...
.....one of the comments:

My name is Jorge Luis Juan Gonzaga and I am an enforcer for Los Burros Muertes, a Mexican drug cartel based in Tijuana BC. Since the unfortunate events of last year when our largest firearms supplier Mr. Attorney General Eric Holder was investigated by the US Congress regarding the joint business venture we had with his representatives from BATF, our supply of US made AK47 and AR15 rifles kind of dried up. You may have heard about this in the media under the name "Fast & Furious".

It was a hit that seriously affected our capacity to procure illegal guns from America and the fact that Pres. Obama was himself under suspicion to have been the one who masterminded the entire operation didn't helped either - in particular after he used the power of his office to stop the Congress from subpoenaing documents related to the communications between his advisers and the BATF officials involved in Fast & Furious.

As you can imagine we were desperately looking for an alternative source of firearms to replace the ones supplied until last year by Mr. Attorney General Holder. This is when I found this wonderful app. Now I can locate gringo gun owners and steal their guns. Muchas gracias!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Maybe this will encourage some of the crazies to get rid of their weapons, but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

So I guess all of Chicago and Detroit should be marked right????????

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Maybe this will encourage some of the crazies to get rid of their weapons, but I doubt it.

Good luck with that most of the paranoid crazies would likely buy even more weapons to protect themselves

top topics

<<   2 >>

join