It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Whistle?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
No you don't hear him.

He's saying repeat things hoping you'll understand what he means. Like when men can talk about collectible cars and auto repair but they are talking about something else. So you'd have to type exactly what words he was saying with his emphases to convey to others exactly what he was getting at.

I think it's a message. He wants you to stop reading and give him attention. And he's secretly sweating over those emails he did that one time about where the bodies were buried, or all that accounting fraud he did, or that affair he had with your sister. Something extreme.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by new_here

Well... While many already knew what was going on, there was no documentation proof nor certified witness, heck they even lied to congress in the related hearings. Even what Snowden told is only the tip of the Iceberg, why do you think that NATO nations are mostly ignoring the "new" evidence, because they already were in on part of it. The French have long been in a cold war regarding the US corporate espionage (mostly like the US is with China and Israel). What this does is prevent the US from claiming to be a good guy in public forums regarding how he collects intelligence from "allies".

I'm still waiting from the UK citizen and the US citizen to make something out of all that is now validated that the intelligence services of both nations scratch each-others backs to "legally" bypass national laws.

Star for you for the Allies-angle analysis, leading cleanly up to this punchline:

What this does is prevent the US from claiming to be a good guy in public forums regarding how he collects intelligence from "allies".

Now just hold onto to that and ignore my cynical side, please...

While many already knew what was going on, there was no documentation proof nor certified witness

To be fair, you and I have no documented proof of anything. Nor will we ever. All we will ever have is what we are fed-- what is reported. Part of me can't let go of the idea that this could all be orchestrated as part of something larger. Or a diversion FROM something larger. Then again, I have no documentation or proof for that either...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Well, I call it documented because Snowden seems to have backed it up with solid evidence or at least good enough that The Guardian decided to print the information, Snowden had to run and it is being hunted down.

Even if we remove any credibility and accreditation from printing press, there are national laws that should make them at least try to verify stuff (especially when it involves real people, institutions and nations that can prosecute you for making stuff up). The other factors should give also some credibility to what Snowden reported...

As for hidden agendas, I guess Snowden does have one I do not believe that someone in the intel business would remain so detached from the hash world we live in. At least I expect that he did ponder a bit about what would happen (it seems so by his interview) so he does have some sort of a game plan. As for the US itself deciding to plant the information in this way, I doubt it since I can not see a way that it benefits the US a bit, unless some targeted individuals required some reinforcement in believing that the US has some information on them but the downsides wouldn't justify it and there would be better ways of going about it.

One thing that we should start to think about is what the US did do with the collected information especially in using it to turn assets of other nations. I truly think that most western governments are to a point or other in the pocket of the US this is clearly observed by the hidden treaty discussions that do not have US individual citizens best interests in mind but corporative ones, and that of only multinationals.

The “Trans-Pacific Partnership”: Obama’s Secret Trade Agreement Will Push the Deindustrialization of America into Overdrive

(I hate the partisan title since this is clearly something that goes beyond a single government. I also do not see the end game being positive for the common citizen or even for the nation, this policy seems to me extremely crazy ever since the US forced the WTO to include China in terms that not only were detrimental to the US but f$%&# up most of the Southern Europe, India, Pakistan low tech industry economy. Its like more than half of the US government is working for China)

edit on 11-7-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I stated this at the start, I even stated this on here several times.

If this guy was a real threat and I mean a real threat, he'd be dead. If he had intel that truly comprimised government, corperate or security interests on a vast scale, he'd be dead.

America operates in EVERY country, just like Britain, there is no such thing as a safe haven for this guy, its BS. I have worked on matters involving Intelligence before and believe me if they truly feel that there is a threat, you're dead, that's that. What is also worse is that in death, they will discredit you and steer the public away from any thought of something far more sinister in the works by releasing details about personal life that will usually be BS. However, with someone like this guy, they could've knocked him off without anyone even knowing who he was, it's that easy for them.

This guy, thus far, has said nothing that hasn't already been said on here, my own knowledge of government policies and current security measures aside, he has said nothing that hasn't already been publicly known, even if it was just never made a big thing of in the media to bring it to a wider public attention.

You want to look at someone, at least in Britain, who they got nervous of, look at David Kelly and look what happened to him.

This Snowden guy is just playing along to make sure that the public know the government are watching and watching closely, that's it. Its not a warning to whistleblowers who have access to such a high level of intel, believe me, anyone who does knows full well the consequences for trying to go public and I place a lot of emphasis on trying.
edit on 11-7-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
started with 911 ?
NO it started with the FBI, j edgar hoover.

he started keeping files on any one that was a Red rusky.
he had files he could black mail people in high places.

but I would say the second world war started it to.
and propaganda.
they did a great deal of propaganda in WW2.
and they never stop't.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

As much as I want to like you because Ender's Game is my favorite book of all time, you sound like a condescending ... know it all. Snowden let loose the extreme extent at which the spying is being done. Before most everyone assumed that yes they have that capability but was strictly to be used for the "bad" guys. What we now see is our govt has lumped us all together under a drag net, so whatever you thought you knew because you were so intellectually superior was something that we didn't really know, not really.
edit on 11-7-2013 by rocktsar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You're not the only one. I think this all the time! People only remember what happened on the TV this week. I also agree the Snowden thing is either a)government seeing what they can get away with or b)trying to show people what happens when you try to speak out against them.

I've long been with the mindset, everything they do is for a purpose and unfortunately never good ones.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Ha Ha. I remember years ago my daughter called me and expressing her anger for Pres. Bush, she revealed she was fantasizing about ways to kill him I told her "Honey, don't say those kinds of things over the phone, they're listening!" She laughed me off, telling me "Oh mom, your so paranoid.

She recently called to apologize, in light of the whole Snowden ordeal, and admitted I was right! That's a pretty big deal to me. Thank you Mister Snowden!

edit on 11-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I hear you OP. However, I still appreciate the gravity of the situation. Although it was never really a secret, people never paid much attention to it.

Now, it's right out there in bold print and everybody knows about it, it can't be ignored anymore. That's why I'm glad for Snowden and those like him. They just took what we all should have known already and made sure that you couldn't not know it. (sorry for the grammar there, sometimes I don't have the words to express my thoughts)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocktsar

As much as I want to like you because Ender's Game is my favorite book of all time, you sound like a condescending ... know it all. Snowden let loose the extreme extent at which the spying is being done. Before most everyone assumed that yes they have that capability but was strictly to be used for the "bad" guys. What we now see is our govt has lumped us all together under a drag net, so whatever you thought you knew because you were so intellectually superior was something that we didn't really know, not really.
edit on 11-7-2013 by rocktsar because: (no reason given)

Eh fine, I'm a condescending know it all and Ender's Game rocks.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join