It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Whistle?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

Originally posted by JeffersonAirplane
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Precisely, it was there for all to see. For years I've been saying we all need a kick up the arse.. Well we've been given that kick up the arse and what are we doing... Nothing! The media is trying to incriminate the guy, at least here anyway

It borders on the absurd.

We were given that "kick up the arse" a long time ago. Apparently everyone had their eyes glued to the TV and
not the legislation that was passed.

I have nothing else to say other than I agree with everything you have said.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Precisely, it was there for all to see. For years I've been saying we all need a kick up the arse.. Well we've been given that kick up the arse and what are we doing... Nothing! The media is trying to incriminate the guy, at least here anyway

It borders on the absurd.

We were given that "kick up the arse" a long time ago. Apparently everyone had their eyes glued to the TV and
not the legislation that was passed.

I have nothing else to say other than I agree with everything you have said.

That has to be the best reply I've ever seen

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

We have officially denied ignorance. There's a first for you ATS.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

It's just uncanny to me how often campaign promises are the exact opposite of how things play out.

This! Well said and thank you for putting it in laymans terms for people like myself. Here in britain I have noticed an extreme amount of this kind of behaviour from politicians, so much so that in the last election it caused me to change my vote!

Only to see the policies which I'd changed my vote for become null and void thanks to our lovely 'con-dem' party, of which I voted for neither..

"I chose not to vote (OH NO SHE DIDNT) for this very same thing."
"...This is the first time since I was eligible that I have refused to vote for exactly these reasons cited."

Meee Tooo... well, that and my total lack of faith in the hackable/rig-able voting machines. Oh, and the fact that we always have hand-picked puppet candidates, and the best choice is simply 'the lesser of two evils.'

I mean really... put somebody out there worth voting for and I'll reconsider. Can't we require, like, an IQ test and a full psychological battery of tests on everybody running for office? (That would be tax money well spent, for once!) They think WE could be a threat to national security... what we really need is a heckuva lot more scrutiny of the ones driving this train(wreck.)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It's just uncanny to me how often campaign promises are the exact opposite of how things play out.

This! Well said and thank you for putting it in laymans terms for people like myself. Here in britain I have noticed an extreme amount of this kind of behaviour from politicians, so much so that in the last election it caused me to change my vote!

You're welcome, JeffersonAirplane. Just so sorry it's same reality show playing for you folks 'across the pond.'

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You're welcome, JeffersonAirplane. Just so sorry it's same reality show playing for you folks 'across the pond.'

As long as you aren't blaming it on the citizens I'm happy

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

If nothing else, websites like this give you a great perspective on the globe.

ETA: Of course, not always in a good way.. But learning is learning.

JA.
edit on 9-7-2013 by JeffersonAirplane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JeffersonAirplane

If nothing else, websites like this give you a great perspective on the globe.

So True! ...'cause lord knows, my local news show ain't gonna tell me squat!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Aint that the truth

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Enlighten me.

The thing is...you may have "known it"...in your beautiful mind...but the way our society work...is...until an authority figure...comes up and admits it...people label it a conspiracy theory. Same way...JFK, 9/11, war on terror...and many more...are...just loony conspiracy theories...and thus easily dismissed by our rulers. It's not often we get concrete proof of a conspiracy. This is the value of Snowden...proof...this is what your boyfriend/husband was so excited about...

When you're in to conspiracies for a while...the proof of one is like a holy grail....and they don't like it one bit. It messes with the "plausible denial" tactics...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
So, someone finally wakes up and you respond by carrying on like its old news.

You should have fired him up even more, then he might have told others who dont yet know whats going on.

yah I agree, she should fire him up, he'll go banana, and that's a good thing

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Enlighten me.

The thing is...you may have "known it"...in your beautiful mind...but the way our society work...is...until an authority figure...comes up and admits it...people label it a conspiracy theory. Same way...JFK, 9/11, war on terror...and many more...are...just loony conspiracy theories...and thus easily dismissed by our rulers. It's not often we get concrete proof of a conspiracy. This is the value of Snowden...proof...this is what your boyfriend/husband was so excited about...

When you're in to conspiracies for a while...the proof of one is like a holy grail....and they don't like it one bit. It messes with the "plausible denial" tactics...

Exactly. I am surprised that it took almost two pages for someone to say it.
There were multiple NSA whistle blowers before Snowden, but they were lacking evidence to support their story. Snowden has that evidence.
This thread seems to be another way of saying 'Yeah, they spy on us, so what?'

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Funny, my response was exactly the same. Nothing new.

This WAS public knowledge, in the sense that the info WAS out there.

Some of us just have the doubtfull privilege of understanding how the world actually works.

Thanks for the thread, Demosthenes.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

'Yeah, they spy on us, so what?'

people get used to being f**** in the anal cavity...it just isn't painful anymore. Complacency sets in. That way...truly horrible crimes can continue without rapists being bothered.

excuse the metaphor....

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

This WAS public knowledge, in the sense that the info WAS out there.

It was public..."conspiracy"...without anyone admitting to it. Until that time...you have millions of Americans who trust and believe the administration...and even think...it would never lie to them.

Unfortunately, sheep will stay sheep...even in the face of a great deception. Conspiracy theorist found proof of their theory...and it's important to have proof...because it's the only way we can put any kind of pressure on them.

Now, I know there's not a hell of a lot things we can do about the whole situation...but the worst reaction is "so what...we already knew"....but you didn't know the full extent that was uncovered...or is suddenly having theories the same as knowing ?

I "know" there is some kind a conspiracy going on about the 9/11, about JFK and about moon landings...but do I know...really ? with all the speculation and lies and facts...it's hard to truly know. You don't even know for a fact...which is lies and which is the truth.

When lie is exposed...when truth is exposed...I get an almost instant mental erection and a wet patch. The only thing that matters in this culture of lies....is getting the truth out...and having proof of it. Just makes my day.

Snowden is my hero...if for nothing else...than because of the truth.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'm always a little suspicious of people who don't see it as a good thing that this subject has been brought out into the light of day.

It's almost like your a conspiracy hipster.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is what i say to everyone who believes that Edward Snowden didn't reveal anything substantial:

Yes, we here all knew that the government was/is spying on us through various methods; but we did not know the exact way in which they were/are doing so. None of us knew that there were various companies such as Microsoft, Apple and Facebook allowing direct access into their servers. We may have suspected it, yes. But it was not confirmed.

Not only that. Snowden revealed a bunch of other stuff; including the methods of which the British use (spying on civilians through Optic Fibre cables).

So to say that Edward Snowden hasn't done much is wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Not to forget...he risked everything...and had almost nothing to gain.

His life is over...whether he gets asylum in Venezuela or anywhere else...doesn't mean anything. He will forever be looking over his shoulder...and what is more...he knew very well what's in store on the path he has taken.

I applaud his bravery...in times when only a handful of people in the world would stand up to the machinery, and not to forget...stand up for the truth...not for personal gain...

He got himself a most powerful enemy in the world.

Stand up and clap you people...like you clap for those mindless puppets that control your lives, and vote them in the office.

Clap for the truth god damn it....if for nothing else.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

conspiracy hipster

must remember that one...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I think it's just solid confirmation of another "conspiracy theory" becoming fact. We knew about it a long time ago now the so called poo poo'ers don't have a leg to stand on, or those who refused to believe.
Now they're argument is well "I have nothing to hide" they don't get it! they don't get that it is our constitutional right to privacy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join