It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois enacts nation's final concealed-gun law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Why is this the "nation's FINAL concealed-gun law"

Illinois isn't (wasn't) the only state to restrict concealed carry:
American Samoa (it's a territory).
District of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
United States Virgin Islands

Then there are the "may issue" states which rarely issue:
California
Guam
Hawaii
Maryland
New Jersey
Puerto Rico
Rhode Island and Providence Plantations

There is room for improvement, and hopefully Illinois won't be the last to allow its citizens to protect themselves.
edit on 10-7-2013 by stutteringp0et because: clarification

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
In Mississippi we just passed some kind of open carry 'gunslinger' law and since the day it passed almost every store in my small town of Lucedale (2900 or so population) has signs in the front no guns or knives allowed. Everyone can have a gun and a lot do have their pistols on their side. But what I was wondering is can you walk around with a rifle on a sling on your back? Is that open carry?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

You'll have to look up your states laws concerning open carry. They should be online. Though I think that anyone carrying a long gun is just asking for attention. And they'll probably get it...from the police.

YouTube is filled with all sorts of open carry harrassment videos.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Its a step in the right direction but more places are off-limits to carry than aren't under the current setup, and lets not forget that Police Chief Gary McCarthy said he would direct officers to shoot first and ask questions later and has previously advocated for tracking of gun owners with GPS devices. If he has any control over the issuance of permits (and likely will) I would expect that few people will be able to obtain permits and considering the severely limited nature of the permits they generally wont do you much good.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

No permits needed in MS for open carry. Only concealed carry. But I agree with the other guy anybody carrying a gun is asking for attention. And yes the police will give them that attention.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
OUTSTANDING !!!! I applaud my state for finally getting something right. Governor Quinn can go suck an egg.

To the member that stated that Chicago is a very dangerous city, you need to come here and see that it really is a peaceful one. There really is only a couple areas where all the gang bangers and drug dealers cause all the problems. If you took away those killings, Chicago would be low on the list of dangerous places to live in the country.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldsguy
OUTSTANDING !!!! I applaud my state for finally getting something right. Governor Quinn can go suck an egg.

To the member that stated that Chicago is a very dangerous city, you need to come here and see that it really is a peaceful one. There really is only a couple areas where all the gang bangers and drug dealers cause all the problems. If you took away those killings, Chicago would be low on the list of dangerous places to live in the country.

That's the problem. Politicians use those areas to push their agenda of fear and gun control.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldsguy

With all the guns on the street killings will remain high and get higher. I love my country but I do think we are a little gun crazy. Too many people love guns and support the second amendment for them to just "go away" guns will always be here but I do think its a little too easy to obtain guns. In my hometown in Mississippi all it takes is a walk into wal mart, show a valid drivers license, and pass their 'instant background check' and you can walk right out the door with an ar15 and 2 twenty round mags plus whatever else comes with it long as you pay for it. (1097$ by the way). At most it will take maybe 20 minutes. As long as your not a felon it's all good. God bless America.
edit on 11-7-2013 by DarkNite because: Spelling edit

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldsguy

If you took away those killings, Chicago would be low on the list of dangerous places to live in the country.

HELL would be cold if you took away the fire

top topics

<< 1   >>

join