It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On a scale of 1 to 10. How much do you fear terrorism?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I am with jhn7537. My own government tops the list, followed by local criminals. After that, long line of what if's. I have to say terrorists 1, government 2 or 3, and the rest taking turns.
I don't really like to be fearful, so mostly I am not.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Fear of actual terrorists less than one. Fear of the government doing something to make it look like terrorists, I'd say eleven...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Cant i have a minus number as it would have to be about minus 10, however given the criteria it has to be 1. My family and i left the Wimpy in Oxford Street about half an hour before the IRA let off a bomb way back when. From my house i hears the explosion at RAF Uxbridge again, way back when.

I'm more scared by the current world governments and their entire attitude to us than i am of terrorists. oh and i travel on the London Underground every day

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
0.ooooooooo that is how much terrorism scares me bring it on i like mayhem

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Terrorists - 1

Police - 5

Myself - 11

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
From a English Perspective I will go with 1.

We took on the Romans, the Saxons, the Danes, The French, William Wallace, The Plague, the Roundheads, The great Fire, Napoleon, The Nazis & The Blitz, and we are still here. Terrorists are bloody amateurs.

Briles
edit on 10-7-2013 by Briles1207 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Mine is a 1, I'm in more fear of people who cant drive properly. Those people are opertaing a 2,000 pound sledge hammer going at 60 mph, sometimes while texting. Way to many other events that will mostly likely lead to a persons untimely death. Police that are trigger crazed, are way up on my fear list also, because I carry a concealed gun, police may shoot and then ask for your conceal ID

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What sort of terror ISM are you talking about? If its a terrorist attack on lets say...a bio lab that has deadly live viruses in it I would have to say 3-7 ( theres such a lab as this less than 5 miles from my home)...but if its a random pressure cooker bomb Boston sorta terrorism I would hafta say 1-2....But if its terrorism from the local hoodlums then it would be a 1....soooo.....averageing those numbers I guess I would be a 2

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I going to buck the trend and say my fear/anxiety level for a false flag terror event happening in Philadelphia is a 4-5 over the next couple of years. So far Philly hasn't been hit by a false flag, but I suspect we're due. The Carlyle group recently purchased the sunoco oil refinery here, and they plan to turn it into a large liquid natural gas refinery and storage. I fear that it may go "BOOM" sometime in the future and they end up blaming it on the terrorists.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
With 1 being, no fear at all, up to 10 being terrified of terrorism?

Personally I go with 1. My reasoning being, there are probably hundreds of things more likely to kill me than a terrorist attack. Crossing the street, getting in the car. I do these things without any fear.

So how about you and your reasoning?

Terrorism isn't even a significant threat. 9/11 wasn't the result of terrorism, I think everyone with a decent head on their shoulders knows that.

However, if you really want to define terrorism, then I'd say what our own American Government is doing to us and the rest of the world is terrorism, and in that sense, I am afraid to the power of 10.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
From a English Perspective I will go with 1.

We took on the Romans, the Saxons, the Danes, The French, William Wallace, The Plague, the Roundheads, The great Fire, Napoleon, The Nazis & The Blitz, and we are still here. Terrorists are bloody amateurs.

Briles
edit on 10-7-2013 by Briles1207 because: (no reason given)

Man, you couldn't even take on the original 13 colonies. haha

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I'd say ZERO. But since it's from 1 to 10 I guess I'll have to go with 1. I don't believe there is much of a threat. I don't think those that do exist are fabricated but I'd say blown out of proportion to instill fear in people. To what end...who knows. But considering how much North America has put the Middle East through I wouldn't be the least surprised if there were attempts.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm more afraid of my own toenails committing mutiny than i am afraid of terrorism.

Counter-terrorism is what i'm worried about.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Shame there isn't a poll function. But I'd vote for a '1', not at all afraid. As many others have said, there's plenty other things that are far more likely to happen to worry about.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

1. I have no fear of terrorism in the sense of the meaning the Media and government put on it.

I'm a 10 when it comes to the terrorism of my freedom that is happening right now and all over the world.

The war on terror was won but not by the terrorists like Al Queda, but by our own governments that used that fake war to take away or liberty and freedom!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Personally I go with 1. My reasoning being, there are probably hundreds of things more likely to kill me than a terrorist attack. Crossing the street, getting in the car. I do these things without any fear.

zero (or 1). have you any idea of how many people fall down the stairs
and are seriously injured or killed yearly?

if you weighed in up statistically, you would never go up or down a stairs again.

anyway, the war on terror is contrived/fake, so there is absolutely no
reason to fear terrorism in the western world.
edit on 10-7-2013 by TopsyTurvyOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I am also a one. It is something that i do think of regularly but never on a personal level (if that makes sense!). I regularly think about attacks around the world but i have no fear of being involved in one. Even if my area had a warning of an impending attack, it is still something that i would not worry about - in much the same way i do not worry about being hit by a bus or car when i cross the road. It is possible, just not very probable.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
1/10 Of course.

Then again, i would feel most of the people are somewhere from 7/10.

I mean, there was invasion of 2 countries because of one.

Fear is the best motivator a government can use.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

On a scale of 1 to 10. How much do you fear terrorism?

1. No fear at all. I don't exactly live in an area that would be targeted, for starters. Even on a plane, I'm pretty sure these days, any would-be terrorist is going to get trounced by passengers, whether armed or not. Besides, living in fear is letting them win, and that isn't cool with me...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The only kind of terrorism I'm worried about is Gov't funded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join