It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On a scale of 1 to 10. How much do you fear terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
With 1 being, no fear at all, up to 10 being terrified of terrorism?

Personally I go with 1. My reasoning being, there are probably hundreds of things more likely to kill me than a terrorist attack. Crossing the street, getting in the car. I do these things without any fear.

So how about you and your reasoning?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yea i agree with you woodwardjnr. I go for 1 as well. I think of things like globle collapse of the financial sector and women more likely to kill me

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I'd have to go with 1. I have no fear of being attacked or killed by terrorists whatsoever. While everyone else freaked out on 9/11 and went to get their kids out of school I stayed home, turned off the TV and took a bubble bath. I have a greater risk of dying from being suffocated by billions of rogue ladybugs than dying from terrorist activity.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'll say 1 as well. Fear of anything just feeds negativity.

I am more likely to bust my head when break dancing

Peace and love
-nat

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And I would have said zero if it had been an option.
I fear the food that I eat more than terrorists, thanks to Monsanto.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
10 without a doubt, I have to look outside and decide If any Muslims will kill me If I walk outside, today was a good day I only saw one so I went to the shops.
Also Iam afraid of the bogeyman, Santa and Mormons.

Sarcasm mode off obviously a 1.
More afraid of drop bears and Iam in the UK

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
1 normaly

Maybe it will get to a 3 if Im on the tube train in London.

Actually funny enough it was higher in the 90's with the IRA....now those were REAL terrorists.

So it hardly interfers with my life.
edit on 9-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   
Sadly, I fear my own Govt. more than i do middle eastern extremists... I also fear the crime on the South-West side of my city of Chicago WAYYYYY more than terrorism... Terrorism doesn't really register with me... And thinking that and writing that scares me, because I know the US Govt. will likely read this and think to themselves "time for another false flag".......

link   
Oh God it's definitely a 1 with a 0 after it.

10 10 10 to the power of 300000

You know, I saw a man the other day putting a suitcase on a bus holding bay, but he was of middle Eastern descent, as was made obvious by the way he clearly didn't 'not' have a suitcase. When he laid it down all the passengers started scrathing their arms as though nervous - I didn't waste any time. I jumped up, and like a lower paid, slightly overweight Chuck Norris, I kicked the bomb filled suitcase wide open! Yeah, he was sorry. All his paperwork was on the floor and his lunch ruined by the 'BOMB FLUID', he said it was coffee (yeah right), all over his butties.

That's what happens when you listen to ridiculous propaganda used to induce naught but fear. Fearsome things should be laughed at, and rightly so. They're given power over us through fear, and that's Gods right alone (personal opinion).

My real answer is a 0, it doesn't even occur to me at all. Worrying about when I'm going to pop isn't a priority. Being kind to people and hoping I don't mess the day up is.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

link   
1. On average it is said people are more likely to pass away from a serious car wreck opposed a non terrorist(there I go alerting PRISM again lol) plane crash.

Also, think we'll see more 1s.

This study claims: You’re 8x More Likely to Be Killed by a Police Officer Than a Terrorist

How about:Americans Fear Government More Than Terror

Would be interesting to see an overall ATS poll on the subject, thread may suffice well. Then again it would be biased because we'd be preaching mainly to the choir when asking the question.

edit on 9-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: more

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i give a 1 for terrorists and about a 4.5 for police

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I was thinking it would be interesting conducting a questionnaire based on the fear of terrorism and seeing what the general publics responses would be.

I've come up with question 1. My questionnaire writing days are over.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

"Fear"? That's exactly what they want you to feel. I don't fear it at all. So for me I would pace it at a 1, possibly even 0.

They want Americans to live in fear, and so far judging by the responses in the thread, I'd say they failed. At least with the ATS community.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

1 why be afraid of terrorism when your more likely to be killed by a car crossing the street.

I don't see the point of being afraid... If it happens and I am killed by a terrorist... Well then... That would be something.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I would have to say .005

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
it depends on how/who you define terrorist/terrorism.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'd rather face terrorists than my ex's

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Mosdef a 1. Im more worried about getting asked for cigarettes and spare change when I go for a stroll downtown.

Fear is the great controller,and its wonderful that more and more people are waking up to the bs going on.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would honestly rate my fear of a foreign attack at about a 2, which is reasonably low. Maybe my combat experience makes me a tad more reticent to write off any possibility of another attack on U.S. soil. On the other hand, I would rate my fear of my own government somewhere between a 3 and 4. Simply because I have first hand experience in how heavy handed the ones who govern the U.S. can be if they feel threatened or just plain experience resistance that they don't particularly care for.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'd say a one for me. I tend to shy away from big events in big citys for fear of terrorist acts of violence which could be a terrorist but is more likely to be just a plain average madman. I really just don't care for huge crowds.

I'm more afraid of being terrorized by my own government than the terrorists that the government pressures the media to blast all over their networks, because our fear is their ticket to taking our freedoms.

Stop fearing your shadows people, stop listening to the government backed media hyped stories. Go out and enjoy life.

edit on 9-7-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join