It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research help: UK Church of Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm not an amateur web researcher - at all - but I'm stumped, who is JMG?

I'm following a story on abortion rights in Texas centered on satanists speaking up with their opposing views. Interesting, right? One group from the US appears to be legit with active membership, mailing address, and spokesperson - The Church of Satan. The other, UK Church of Satan, appears to be just a Twitter account though whoever operates it claims they're real, and worldwide.

My question is not about the legitimacy of that group (though if you can easily prove it's real or fake, then please share), but instead focused on three initials used to end several benign tweets - "JMG"

In my hunting, the best I could find was a reference to The Church of Satan (legit) on site call Jamaican Matie Groupie = JMG. Link: jamaicangroupiemet.com...

I started over on CNN with this story: religion.blogs.cnn.com...

And here's the Twitter account for the UK Church of Satan: twitter.com...
Possible Facebook page (name slightly different): www.facebook.com...

So why JMG? I'd like to unravel the puzzle of who is behind this group (or non group), and I believe this mysterious JMG person is a fine starting point. Ideally, I'd like to get the name associated with the Twitter account to see whereas I can link up connections to other Satan related posts, groups.

Disclaimer - No malintent here, just plain old curiosity.

edit on 9-7-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Here's their Facebook page:
Church of satan uk

I found another link but WOT gives it a bad rating:
First Church of Satan UK

Don't know if that will help, but I gave it a shot. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

on the facebook page the person who answer's people's questions mostly signs off as steve cos,uk

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jason88

While the point would be extremely moot by now for your needs, seeing as this post is four years old, I hope you got the answer you were looking for but for future reference for you and others that may run into this.

A very easy way to know if a Twitter account of a company or public figure is real is to simply look beside their name. A credible account will have a blue circle with a checkmark by their name then when hovered over will state: "Varified account".

This can be seen here with The Church of Satan's official Twitter page: The Church of Satan (@ChurchofSatan)

It should also be noted that there is only one official Church of Satan running as a registered and incorporated religion and that is The Church of Satan, founded by the late Anton LaVey and currently headed by Magus Peter H. Gilmore.

edit on 6/25/2017 by xNumBx because: Spelling Mistake

top topics

join