Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What 'World War Z' says about Israel

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hi Folks,

Well, just before hopping off to bed i thought i would post this quite interesting article from Haaretz that i fell upon whilst scouring the net :

In the Hollywood film, which stars Brad Pitt, Israelis and Palestinians unite in battle against Zombies; critics pan the movie as pro-Israel propaganda.

Some see the cinematic version as a pro-Israel statement, justifying the existence of a wall in the real-life, non-zombie-ridden West Bank - the wall is extreme, but it keeps people safe.

Interestingly, in the film the wall actually brings Israelis and Palestinians together. In apocalyptic Jerusalem, background is irrelevant. As long as you’re not a monster with an appetite for humans, you’re cool.

Full article here : www.haaretz.com...

It would be great to hear fellow ATSers give their opinion after reading this article (if you have seen the film), in my opinion i didn't really click onto that aspect, but after reading this article the whole WALL thing suddenly smacked me in the eyes!

Right, beddie byes for me...

Hoping that you can all stick to friendly opinions here and no religious bashing ?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 9-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word changed
edit on 9-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Forgot to take half a phrase out
edit on 9-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added before hiiting the sack

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Even Reagan had a similar idea. When he addressed the UN years ago, he stated how easily we'd forget all our differences if faced with an ET threat.

Same idea here, with humans facing a monstrous threat....

We even saw it briefly after 911....all united as Americans, vs. different groups. Of course, such things are fleeting.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Oh Gaz, that was Reagan's admission he knew about aliens.

Has your tin foil hat fallen off??

On a serious note, everything Hollywood does is propaganda, finding the hidden message in their blatancy however, is quite difficult.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Watched it the other day...the article is a little wrong on the NK version, they didn't take everyone's teeth away they all went underground the whole population in 24 hours, so 24 million people are either in a tomb or they are ok.
I groaned a little when they did they singing caused Jerusalem to fall, I thought it put the blame on the Palestinians.
Good film but nothing like the book which is my favorite book after the road.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

An external threat of zombies brought them together.. (Christians?)

their walls became their trap...(need to globalize)

regardless, they always have the Samson Option..

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Most importantly, it pushes the vaccine agenda more than anything. "It might not work, and it's definitely gonna make you sick, but you might as well be brave and give it a shot!"

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I just watched that movie and I was struck by a few parallels between the storyline and Biblical prophecy, particularly Zechariah 14:12, which stakes, "Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths." Modern scholars take that verse to be describing the effects of a nuclear blast, but there are other instances of God using disease to wipe out entire armies of the enemies of Israel.

One thing I noticed in the movie is that the Palestinians were welcomed by Israel with open arms, echoing the present-day humanity of the Jews who - despite claims of genocide by anti-Semites - routinely provide FREE medical care for Palestinians who would otherwise go without. Here recently the Jews have also been treating Syrian civilian refugees AND regime fighters (I don't know how friendly they are to Hezbollah or AQ terrorists who get hurt, but Syrian Army soldiers have been treated) who make it across the border and are in need of medical care. www.csmonitor.com...

Turns out that welcoming the Palestinians into the safety of the walled compound was a mistake though wasn't it? I think this also has parallels in real life because Arabs in general, and Palestine's Hamas government in particular, would like nothing more than to destroy Israel. Sending in a few "zombie martyrs" to attack the Jewish state from within, even though it would be suicidal, is part of the Hamas playbook.

That also has precedent. Remember the free medical treatment I was talking about? One young Palestinian woman had been terribly scarred in a cooking accident and was receiving free treatment in an Israeli hospital. Hamas convinced her that she was so ugly from her burns that she would never find a husband or go to "Paradise," so they talked her into strapping on a suicide belt so that she could blow up the doctors and nurses that had been so kind to her, murdering them and innocent patients as they waited to be treated.

And yes, it's true: www.snopes.com...

I'd sooner trust a zombie than a Muslim. At least zombies are honest about their desire to kill you and eat your brains; or heart, as shown by an AQ terrorist in Syria recently who went full-on Night of the Living dead on his slain enemy.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

IMO there are possible ways to discover their propaganda.

Comparing what US govt is doing and these movies helps me understand good points.

IMO zombies in general are some people who are 1-alive 2-not functioning like human beings.

IMO materialist west has invented the Zombies to stand against spiritual ideologies.

Zombie is some one who could be your brother or sister , but he\she is dangerous now. You better kill him to live in safety.

3-The third point about Zombies is that you should shoot them in the head. As the ideology takes nest in the head , and as Materialism has not superiority to Spiritualism , they win this confrontation by force. (like west is taking army to wherever it wants)

4-In most of the movies about zombies , people gather in some place to protect themselves and form a society. Like Matrix , 28 weeks later , resident evil , I am legend with freedom that Zionists appreciate. I mean freedom from religion and not caring about it. Gathering together and having good times without caring ,without one debate or ideological difference.

5-Because Materialist care mush about their animal need , they accuse others who don't care that these other people don't have heart. So Materialist think that heart is the place where these needs come from. And Spiritualist don't have heart because they don't care much. So that is why Zombies don't die from shooting in the heart.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
World War Z was a book long before the movie. It was written by Max Brooks who is Jewish so.. yeah, he probably would be a bit pro Israeli in his writing. If I remember correctly they didn't exactly come out smelling like roses. It was just that due to their history they were a bit more prepared for what was to come. Could there be some propaganda to it? Sure, I guess. I think he was just trying to project as "realistically" as possible what might happen. Man, if people are getting this wired over the Israel bit I'm glad they left out what happened in Africa.

****Minor Spoiler Alert****
Israel developed what they called the tenth man policy. It was this mans policy to take the rumors of whatever was being reported no matter how absurd seriously. This allowed them to catch on that there was indeed a breakout of zombies earlier while other countries literally needed it to bite them in the face before they took it seriously enough. It was this alert that prompted them to finish the construction of the wall.

Honestly, the book was much better than the movie. It wasn't horrible but they could have done a much better job.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
There is an interview from the San Diego Red with the producer : Jeremy KLEINER which adds a little more fuel for the debate :

Would you say this is a zombie film or more of a global catastrophe movie?

It’s a zombie film, but not your typical one because it touches many other areas like politics, cultures (from all over the world), the human race/ethnicities…And also other parts that has to do with society (army/armed forces/ the military)…not your typical zombie movie of just a group of zombies going to a gas station and walking around a town eating brains.

Article here : www.sandiegored.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Shame that i posted this thread a little too early in the day...

It kind of died... sniff sniff

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
Most importantly, it pushes the vaccine agenda more than anything. "It might not work, and it's definitely gonna make you sick, but you might as well be brave and give it a shot!"

I have yet to see the movie, but I have read the book, and unless they have changed it the book is basically AGAINST vaccines. The book shows how the zombie vaccine "Phalanx" I believe (clever name) did nothing, yet was pushed anyway.

This would seem to be an anti-vaccine statement, not a pro one.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

The book and the movie are very different, although I understand why they had to do the movie different they didn't even need to use the name world war Z.

The vaccines in the movie is actually meningitis.
edit on 17-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think the sub-text of the movie is about the Internet and how ideas, no matter how dumb, (eg anti-vax) become global very quickly. Kind of an extension on Romero's idea that the dumb masses flock to the malls (even in death). I think Jerusalem was supposed to represent things like chinas great firewall... You can try and keep ideas out but it's not a real solution to the problem.

new topics

top topics

join