It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patient awoke to doctors "mistakenly" preparing to remove her organs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This clearly was not a "mistake".

in October 2009, Colleen S. Burns was taken to the emergency room at St. Joseph’s Hospital Center, suffering from a drug overdose. Although a nurse told doctors that Burns was recovering from her overdose, those same doctors pronounced her dead.

There were clearly signs of life that the nurse alerted the doctors of, and they ignored her and ordered a powerful sedative to remove the organs from a "dead body":

But Burns was not dead. In fact, a number of signs clearly pointed to her being alive. When a nurse performed a mandatory reflex test on Burns, her toes curled downward. She appeared to be breathing independently of a hospital respirator, and her lips and tongue were said to have moved moments before doctors prepared to remove her organs.Nonetheless, the nurse then followed instructions to give Burns a powerful sedative, a seemingly unnecessary move if the patient were actually dead.Thankfully, Burns awoke moments before doctors were going to cut her open to remove the organs from her presumed-dead body.

news.yahoo.com...

I wonder just how much of this goes on.
I'm thinking there was money involved and doctor just figured her life was not worth saving.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

This is like something out of the Horror Movies... Like Hostile...
I don't like it... And your right tinker~ I wonder how much of this actually goes on...

Doesn't matter if it was a drugie on the table or not.

This sounds like organ harvesting

edit on 9-7-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I used to have an organ donor tag on my license but had it removed from my license six years ago. They asked me at the license bureau and I told them to remove it. I told them my organs were getting pretty shot from the meds I was on.

Hmmm....I wonder if it was really taken off or if it went back on the last time I got my license renewed?
edit on 9-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Really was no excuse for that but they tried to justify it and update the equipment. To add to that horror, the women was already suicidal which brought her to the coma, eventually succeed in taking her life, so no further action against the hospital, etc. has been taken.

Sure makes me more skeptical, even thought I have been preached to about things that can go on such as in the news, of being a donor as well as with family.
edit on 9-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yes it was a mistake, they should have done brain scans to confirm it, but don't let it put you off donating when you die, you can save a childs life...

See my sig for more details.

Side note though I was told that If someone dies from an overdose that the organs are useless anyhow..anyone confirm that?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
isn't it the point that you can not transplant organs from dead body, that the donor has to be alive... in best case brain dead... otherwise we could take organs from anybody who actually died ??

think and don't let doctors tell you who is dead or not... to be a donor.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

this comes on top, drugs in blood, I assume heroin, is bad... but organs are taken not only for transplantations

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Edit: Problem solved. My post is no longer relevant.
edit on 9-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

What if its that the doctors were unable to tell if she was really dead? Thats even scarier. How much time and effort is put into that these days? I bet its decreasing. She's dead, no shes not, then lets wait around a little longer and see. No effort or expense required.

Harvesting organs from the deceased is standard today, right?

I doubt they are killing people for organs. One confirmed case of that and the whole hospital would be shut down.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I believe medical malpractice is one the leading causes of death in the US. Most cases are easily covered up because the same hospital will perform the autopsy. Every year you read about a few cases like this, no doubt there have organs harvested from a live patients who were prematurely pronounced dead.

link   
reply to post by KrzYma

Nonsense they do take the organs after you have died, they have to do it quickly but you don't have to be alive for them to use the organ.
The reason why they do not take every persons organs when they die is because of consent, lets face facts If you needed an organ you would take it but many won't sign the organ donation card before they die.
In Wales last week they are trying the opt out scheme, in that If you don't want them to use your organs you will have to opt out.
This will cut the waiting times for people waiting for a transplant and save many more lives in the long run also it will stop dodgy doctors doing bad things like the story above because there will be a bigger supply of organs.

link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

And after I tell him which side, he draws an X on my left leg with a Sharpie.

Thats a good hospital. The doctor makes sure the procedure is correct. He asks the patient.

I would remember that guys name and ask for him again if I ever had to go back there.

So many people these days don't seem to know their light from their reft.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Good point, I guess. I hadn't thought of it that way. Better for him to ask me and show me he's marking it than not to at all. Was still a little unsettling, you know? But I guess he had a good reason.

(I removed the 2nd story from my post because it's too far down the line of hearsay.)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Who the heck sedates a dead body? For whhyyyyy? Because they're not dead...
Why would they be taking organs out of a live body?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

how that?
if the doctor declares someone as dead, this person is dead, period
there is no evidence somebody is alive if he hangs on machines "keeping" him alive

no evidence no crime !

of course it's not so simple as I said, sometimes it makes more money to keep people on the machine,
but not a drug addict for sure

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

no! after they SAY you are dead !!
why quick? the moment they kill you there is no time to loose, as you said.

OK, look, I'm sure in 99% or whatever they wait till you really die, but not 100%
that's all I want to say.
If they want somebody to be a donor, so is it !

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by intrptr

Good point, I guess. I hadn't thought of it that way. Better for him to ask me and show me he's marking it than not to at all. Was still a little unsettling, you know? But I guess he had a good reason.

(I removed the 2nd story from my post because it's too far down the line of hearsay.)

Okay....sorry, but I have to say this.

First of all, it is now common practice (usually protocol) for the surgeon to physically ask the patient and mark them. This is to later avoid any lawsuits. Has nothing to do without actually knowing which leg they were going to operate on.

Here is my question: If, at the time, you actually believed that your surgeon didn't know which leg it was, ie hadn't even looked at your file, why in the world didn't you SAY anything? Why didn't you ask him or at least the nurse why he did that, if it made you fearful? Too many people put WAY too much faith into doctors and nurses, to the point where they have NO involvement in their own care. I have seen it over and over again. You are paying THEM for a service. If you have a question or concern about that service ASK and get involved!

If you had, you would have been given a very simple, reassuring answer that the doctor and facility were just looking out for your and theirs well-being. You would have then gone into surgery feeling good about it, instead of scared.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

When you consider the average human cadaver is worth sometimes over $100.000 and the medical profession has been taken over by the private sector corporation interests then you can only see how this happens a lot and I will say that I over here in Britain know of a few and since our government here has tried to change the law so that patients do not need to give consent before there organs (Which is now already law in wales) are taken then I suppose we will hear about a lot more cases, remember the Russian woman whom was pronounced dead and awoke on the mortuary slab 4 days later with psychic ability's including the ability to see if people were ill well they would have taken her organ if it was here.

We are seen as sheep and assets that a well managed corporate takeover of the government's can allow these mega corporations to exploit like any other resource, the banks here and there are now starting to go over individual nation's heads and are imposing there own monetary union with contactless credit and debit cards being a step toward replacing the Doller/Pound/Rubal/shekel/baht or yen with a universal credits system that will be under the all seeing control of the uber corporate interests and they are starting to buy there own armed forces so what next, they will crash the exchequer of each country and then blackmail the government into allowing them to run the economy of the nation as when you have all the profit you can get the only thing remaining is power.

You are right they absolutely knew she was not dead and most all patients from whom they take organs are not dead (actually viable patients whom in many cases could be saved - they give them a percentage chance of pulling through and then decide if it is ethical for them as doctors to try to save one patient or use there organs to save several, you are not brain dead until the brain stem is severed and there is some proof of some higher brain function even after catastrophic brain stem damage) but then a person whom had really died would be seen as having second rate organs even were there body was alive.
They want healthy organs so they want healthy donors and the rich want top quality organs to replace that heart they have destroyed through years of excessive living or that liver they have rotted with all that expensive alcohol (wait for the body transplants that are just around the corner, mysterious accidents for lifeguards and models), you catch my drift and thank you for being shocked by this enough to post about it as most of us are now that numb to what the world has become under the immoral atheist corporate ethic's driven society that we feel half dead already inside if not outside and no longer feel the horrors being so desensitised to it all.

edit on 9-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

edit on 9-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by westcoast

I was already corrected and chastised. My post was irrelevant, I guess.

I learned something today. I'm okay with that

Your post was relevant. Sorry If you felt chastised, that wasn't my intent.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join