It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your favorite aircraft documentary/movie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The best part in strangelove(besides the air refueling in the Chrome Dome mission, oh and when there isn't a pilot sitting inthe b52) is the ending when he rides thenuke like a bull rider.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
here are a few of mine
and
not to forget
this one
do not forget the 214 the real black sheep

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
-Flight of the intruder
-Memphis Belle
-Battle of Britain
-Dark blue world
-Black sheep squadron
-Hells Angels
-Flyboys
and many many more that i cant remember atm

edit on 7/10/2013 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

Is Datk Blue World the movie about Czech pilots in the Battle of Britain? I seem to remember it being recommended to me if that's the one. If so, is it available with an English soundtrack or is it subtitles?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Reaching for the Skies. Old, 1987, but still good and one of the best documentaries ever made. I remember watching these as a kid over and over and over. Now I'm trying to enter the industry (funny how that works).

You can probably mind more on youtube.
edit on 10/7/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by boomer135

Mine too. I don't see it as being a big social commentary that so many do, but it's just a hell of a lot of fun.

By Dawn's Early Light is one of mine. Remarkably accurate.

Decided to watch that again last, had a dream I was living right before a nuclear holocaust, woke up when the bombs started going off

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My favorite is the 30s and the flying boats. It is a tad amazing to think, that early, Pan Am offered flight routes which could take you around the globe.

This clip gives an impressive document on Pan Am routine route around South America. link

And the planes - they are beauties!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
For those that didn't get a chance to see this show when it was on TV last year.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Watched a few episodes of that, really great show

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
reply to post by zoomer72

Is Datk Blue World the movie about Czech pilots in the Battle of Britain? I seem to remember it being recommended to me if that's the one. If so, is it available with an English soundtrack or is it subtitles?

Yeah ,thats the one if i remember correctly the version i saw had english soundtrack and subtitles then when they spoke Czech , i recommend watching! great movie!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ostracized

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Rock!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"Airplane"

As a former air traffic controller, the best part is when they are coming on for final landing and the radar controller, played by Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad's "Mike"), at least I think was him, says "He's up, he's down,... What an a## h###!" I love that part!.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Oooh!

Anyone remember "A Piece of Cake"?

Awesome drama from some years ago now following an RAF fighter squadron from the outbreak of WW2 to the Battle of Britain.

Others would be Memphis Belle and The Dambusters.

Interesting factoid: My Grandad was in the RAF based at the airfield where they were filming The Dambusters, he was one of the tail gunners in the film although you don't see him lol

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I love threads like these, thanks! I did one last year looking for great sci-fi movies, I now have about 2 years worth of movie viewing from the user generated list.

In any case - my all time favorite is Blue Thunder from 1983 starring Roy Scheider (RIP). I saw it again last year, and it still holds up as an exciting movie about a secret helicopter with some amazing flight/combat scenes.

Clint Eastwood's FireFox is good too, really enjoyable flick.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ring Raiders.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Though not focusing on aircraft specifically, I really like "Little Dieter Needs To Fly" by Werner Herzog. It tells the story of a pilot who was captured during the vietnam war. In the film he goes back to the site of his imprisonment. It's worth a watch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join