It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign forces destroyed Russian anti-ship missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So where is the Syrian response? I thought they kept saying if this happened again they would respond. What a joke! They are a bunch of Pussies.

www.jpost.com...

Foreign forces destroyed advanced Russian anti-ship missiles in Syria last week, rebels said on Tuesday - a disclosure that appeared to point to an Israeli raid.

Qassem Saadeddine, spokesman for the Free Syrian Army's Supreme Military Council, said a pre-dawn strike on Friday hit a Syrian navy barracks at Safira, near the port of Latakia. He said that the rebel forces' intelligence network had identified newly supplied Yakhont missiles being stored there.

"It was not the FSA that targeted this," Saadeddine told Reuters. "It is not an attack that was carried out by rebels. "This attack was either by air raid or long-range missiles fired from boats in the Mediterranean," he said.

Rebels described huge blasts - the ferocity of which, they said, was beyond the firepower available to them but consistent with that of a modern military like Israel's.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So where is the Syrian response? I thought they kept saying if this happened again they would respond. What a joke! They are a bunch of Pussies.

I think they are a bit busy with a civil war to follow through with their empty treat. Whatever stalemate they have with the rebels would collapse if they had to divert forces to Israel.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Well, that's certainly an interesting development. Perhaps the US or other Navies got tired of being under threat of sinking by these missiles just for transiting that end of the Med Sea. It's an Act of War though, without any question. Then again, other things have been too and Syria has just turned the other cheek for lack of ability to play that game out to the end, if carried the full distance.

I wonder how Russia feels about this development? That's some very high dollar Russian equipment there. Hopefully no Russian techs in the area for supervisory support or aid with the systems.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Im sure all the world powers with their "awesome" intelligence knows that Israel did this but they aint gonna do shiit.

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by princeofpeace

Well, that's certainly an interesting development. Perhaps the US or other Navies got tired of being under threat of sinking by these missiles just for transiting that end of the Med Sea. It's an Act of War though, without any question. Then again, other things have been too and Syria has just turned the other cheek for lack of ability to play that game out to the end, if carried the full distance.

I wonder how Russia feels about this development? That's some very high dollar Russian equipment there. Hopefully no Russian techs in the area for supervisory support or aid with the systems.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I wonder if they were fully paid for by Syria

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The Syrian military isn't in much of a position to retaliate easily. The Syrian Air Force has lost half of their aircraft to the war, and maintenance issues. Even with a massive influx of spare parts from Russia the Syrians can't keep the aircraft flying.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You know ,there is a possibility that it is just propaganda. Rebels played the "Assad fights his own people but is scared of Zionists" card often enough,whether something really happened or not.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

www.jpost.com...

Foreign forces destroyed advanced Russian anti-ship missiles in Syria last week, rebels said on Tuesday - a disclosure that appeared to point to an Israeli raid.

Qassem Saadeddine, spokesman for the Free Syrian Army's Supreme Military Council, said a pre-dawn strike on Friday hit a Syrian navy barracks at Safira, near the port of Latakia. He said that the rebel forces' intelligence network had identified newly supplied Yakhont missiles being stored there.

"It was not the FSA that targeted this," Saadeddine told Reuters. "It is not an attack that was carried out by rebels. "This attack was either by air raid or long-range missiles fired from boats in the Mediterranean," he said.

Rebels described huge blasts - the ferocity of which, they said, was beyond the firepower available to them but consistent with that of a modern military like Israel's.

Why should they respond if they keep hitting the wrong targets? "It was not the FSA that targeted this." In other words, it was the FSA that targeted this, or supplied the Israelis with the intelligence.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

www.jpost.com...

This is 100% false, and the rebels are 90% forien AND they are loosing.

Just like the FALSE reports from 7 years agaon claiming the IAF destroyed a Nuke research plant that was guarded by Pansir S-1's Syrian at that time and probably now didn't have enough PS-1's to give it's self "overlapping Air-coverage" thats why that non-nuke building was destroyed, plus there was no PS-1 in the area, AND it takes 90 days to train on most SAM site, and I believe it was 2-3 weeks after a small batch of PS-1's came into Syria (and were NOT guarding the are) that the illegal attack came on that site, but any-ways, time is ticking for U.K./U.S./Israeli military might.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

According to the report, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Vladimir Putin agreed earlier this month that Russia would not sell advanced S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems to Syria, and in return Israel would refrain from striking targets in Syria.

Haaretz

I don't think Israel did anything.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Anybody seen the USS Ohio or the USS Nevada lately?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Who said Israel hit the S-300?

Originally posted by ken10

According to the report, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Vladimir Putin agreed earlier this month that Russia would not sell advanced S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems to Syria, and in return Israel would refrain from striking targets in Syria.

Haaretz

I don't think Israel did anything.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wrong target? What?

Originally posted by Adaluncatif

www.jpost.com...

Why should they respond if they keep hitting the wrong targets? "It was not the FSA that targeted this." In other words, it was the FSA that targeted this, or supplied the Israelis with the intelligence.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
False? Ummmm: www.jpost.com...

US officials: Israel is responsible for Syrian missile depot attack

Fraid knot housecat. Israel hit those missiles as i told you they did. What is Syria doing? NOTHING. But they sure SAID they were going to do something the next time Israel this them. LMAO!!!!! PUSSIES

Originally posted by ATSWATCHER

www.jpost.com...

Just like the FALSE reports from 7 years agaon claiming the IAF destroyed a Nuke research plant that was guarded by Pansir S-1's Syrian at that time and probably now didn't have enough PS-1's to give it's self "overlapping Air-coverage" thats why that non-nuke building was destroyed, plus there was no PS-1 in the area, AND it takes 90 days to train on most SAM site, and I believe it was 2-3 weeks after a small batch of PS-1's came into Syria (and were NOT guarding the are) that the illegal attack came on that site, but any-ways, time is ticking for U.K./U.S./Israeli military might.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

False? Ummmm: www.jpost.com...

US officials: Israel is responsible for Syrian missile depot attack

Fraid knot housecat. Israel hit those missiles as i told you they did. What is Syria doing? NOTHING. But they sure SAID they were going to do something the next time Israel this them. LMAO!!!!! PUSSIES

Originally posted by ATSWATCHER

www.jpost.com...

O.K. If it DID happen it's only because they (Syria) have a major lack of advanced "SAMs" with "over-lapping air coverage" that would have made it impossible for the IAF to do that, never the less time IS ticking some thing BIG is going happen.
edit on 13-7-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join