It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't God smite Adam & Eve?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Sorry if these question's cause any offence, that is not my intention, they are question's that have beleaguered my little mind since childhood (I did ask the questions in the Catholic school I attended, but being called a 'wicked boy' and getting my backside leathered with a wooden ruler was not really the answer I was hoping for) so here goes:

Q) Why didn’t God smite Adam and Eve for eating the forbidden fruit? In the Old Testament God is not too shy in smiting and a slaying all those who have offended him. Would it have not been a better idea to restart from the beginning with the destruction of these two, create a new couple who would adhere to his rules and negate humanity being cast out of Eden?

Is there any serious theological answers to these please? (this is my first thread, please be gentle)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by windsorblue

You don't kill the lab rat until after it has navigated the maze and gets to the cheese.
Otherwise what's the point?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Depending on who and how you personally recognize GOD GOD(s) of EA*RTH to 1 matters with answer to this question...

And so time- effort (origin material cost) going into CREATION may not be as simple as smiting as you say... The CREATION, CREATED. Therefore to 1 subjectively it would require more time effort origin material cost thinking more primate/other material maybe, which in turn could offset already stressed ecosystem from early designs. LOOK at the steps man took from just Neanderthal to Sapiens Sapiens.
Lots of work YES...

edit on 7/9/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Better yet.. he didn't have to put a tree in the first place.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If God were to exist, then who's to say he created them really? Maybe he adopted them. Gods may have traded creatures from around the universe like marbles and set them up in their own terrariums. The Christian God acquired Adam and Eve and set up his terrarium; Earth.

edit on 9-7-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Better yet.. he didn't have to put a tree in the first place.

Or he could have just kept an eye out on the TWO people he had to watch. God sucks on guard duty.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
If God were to exist, then who's to say he created them really? Maybe he adopted them. Gods may have traded creatures from around the universe like marbles and set them up in their own terrariums. The Christian God acquired Adam and Eve and set up his terrarium; Earth.
edit on 9-7-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

O...M...G...
(sarcasm) If God "were" to exist..... This is poposterous... The bible is the direct word of god and should not be interpereted any other way.... :
ulls out wooden ruler:: Take thou lashings for speaking Heresey~ (/end sarcasm)

Honestly I think you and Slayer hit it on the head... Good postulations...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The whole 'don't eat from the tree of knowledge' thing also bugged me, if Adam and Eve did not have any idea of right from wrong before they ate of the fruit, they would have not comprehended before hand that this was the wrong thing to do. It would not matter if God told them not to because they would not understand the concept. It also raises the question (in my own opinion) that if everyone else after Adam and Eve retained the forbidden knowledge then are we not all different to what God originally intended mankind to be?
edit on 9-7-2013 by windsorblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Maybe he did.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Soooo.... Then what your trying to say is: Everything is going according to plan???

I'm in total agreement!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by windsorblue

Q) Why didn’t God smite Adam and Eve for eating the forbidden fruit?

For the same reason the witch didn't just throw Hansel and Grettel into the oven when she first caught them. Because it's makes for a better story the other way.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I sometimes think God is from the "first race", of beings in the universe, like the fictional "Guardians of the Universe", the Guardians or Oans are a fictional extraterrestrial race. The Guardians of the Universe are the immortal creators of various entities like the " Manhunters", they did not work out, so they made the power rings and sent them through-out the universe to form "green Lanterns", etc.en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe God was around 6 or 7 billion years old at the time he made Earth his "project", Trial and error ensued. The angels were his lab assistants.

edit on 9-7-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Keep the cheese.

I just want out of the maze.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Why didn't God smite you ask?

Were they not cursed to die and all their offspring?

Sounds like a smite to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

From what I understand, it was to show two things:

1). God's mercy. He loved them and was even shown to clothe them after their fall. He didn't immediately smite them but instead gave the promise of a future redeeming savior.

2). To show the effects of sin. Many are led to believe that without God, it's all just one big party and free for all. But in truth, sin leads to pain, suffering, decay, violence, etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Are you complaining?
If you are not complaining, if you would have preferred him to let the human race continue, then you can see why he did it.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If you find "the way" please let me know and i'll be sure to follow

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

From what I understand, it was to show two things:

1). God's mercy. He loved them and was even shown to clothe them after their fall. He didn't immediately smite them but instead gave the promise of a future redeeming savior.
[color=gold] shows 2 or more GODs perspectives
2). To show the effects of sin. Many are led to believe that without God, it's all just one big party and free for all. But in truth, sin leads to pain, suffering, decay, violence, etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

...and the truth shall set you free. Why cant more people wake up and see these are just stories passed down through generation...riducolous!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Nope, that's not smiting, that's just being vindictive.....So far all I have garnered from this thread is that I may or may not be in line for a bit of cheese (hopefully not the one that smells like a tramps foot), angels wear lab coats and green lanterns could be flying about the cosmos. Maybe the Nuns were right and I have should have learnt about asking these questions with memories of tears and a thrashed bottom as a constant reminder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join