It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drained of life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I wrote this sitting on the front porch in 3 minutes smoking my first cigarette in two years...

Drained of life
Cannot go on
Soul is hurting
Almost Gone

Breathing slowly
Pulse is dying
Life cut short
Tired of Trying

Breathing stopped
Pulse is dead
Eyes are bulging
Carpets red

Knife is lying
On the floor
Mom is knocking
On the door

Flings it open
Screams and shouts
All I hear
Are sobs and pouts

Death is here
All I see
Are people crying
Over me

One by one
They come and go
Half these people
I do not know

Life was bad
Death was good
I'm underground
Encased in wood

From what you've read
You would probably guess
Suicide
Like all the rest

But it was murder
How you ask...
Bending over for the government
And taking it up the...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
poetry the art of the heart

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Good stuff, but i hope your'e not taking it too seriously.

Don't surrender, die fighting!

I don't know anything about your situation, but i do know life's a bitch.. u gotta see it as a challenge.
If it's truly the government you're worrying about.. they won't win.. history has shown us that.

Keep in mind that this is a completely different kind of generation your'e in,
For the first time in history humankind has access to an immense amount of knowledge.
and we're literally all connected.
So divided as we are still.. once push comes to shove.. we will unite and show em who's boss.

Things are changing.. FAST.. And its our responsibility to make sure those changes are for the better.

Hang in there.. The light is just over the horizon.
edit on 9-7-2013 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Death from behind
How on earth
Gubments rod
Must of had some girth

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skaffa
Don't surrender, die fighting!

I don't know anything about your situation, but i do know life's a bitch.. u gotta see it as a challenge.
If it's truly the government you're worrying about.. they won't win.. history has shown us that.

Keep in mind that this is a completely different kind of generation your'e in,
For the first time in history humankind has access to an immense amount of knowledge.
and we're literally all connected.
So divided as we are still.. once push comes to shove.. we will unite and show em who's boss.

Things are changing.. FAST.. And its our responsibility to make sure they're for the better.

Hang in there.. The light is just over the horizon.

Lifes a bitch make it yours

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
What happened? Please don't smoke again. Lash out at those who put you in this kind of hell, not yourself. I have been in utter darkness before, many many times. To this day I have no real reason to go on, I am just to stubborn to quit.

These are very tough times, no question. There are many here on ats who have been in extremely dire circumstances and kept going, take courage from us. When it is really bad, I just get through the next hour, focus on what I can do that needs doing, then the next hour and so on, if the big picture overwhelms, narrow it down.

I do not know if it helps, you really are not alone. You expressed yourself beautifully.
edit on 9-7-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Wow! Beautifully Put! Like others have stated, Keep On Keepin' on! I too have been in the place of life that you are in Now. Stay Positive, even when it seems to not matter, keep goin'...... Someone here said we are ALL Connected. So stay with us for the Strength That will come when we need it most! Hope this makes sense as I am still trying to Wake up. Later, Syx.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
might make for a good country song ha ha

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

I like it. It's deep and from within. If you have more poetry you should share in the short stories forum.

Poetry from the heart is always the best.

Peace and love
-nat

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I appreciate the sentiment, but I wrote this years ago. I have been through so much though. Mentally I have been on my own since I was 4 so I feel 50. I aint thinkin bout endin It or anything just putting it out there again. Its nice to read the comments its a booster that's for sure... even if ATS is just chicken wire to give all those awake something to do to keep them from doing something... Thanks again though appreciate the thought.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
might make for a good country song ha ha

I was thinking more like rap. And although I appreciate some I am not really a fan, but when I try to put it into a song it usually comes out as a rap.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

If your going to post something from the past as a poem, please say so or post it in short stories. There is nothing in your OP to indicate it was not now. Frankly I am a bit miffed that I worried.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
flying in the blue sky
looking down
now sailing on the ocean
Zig Zag safe and sound

three weeks later drinking some beer
the women look better when my head
ain't clear

woops I just woke
it was but a dream
I'm on ATS now it seems

A tap on my shoulder
I turn around
It's an alien asking me
what to do with the coffee grounds

I say we don't keep those
throw them away.
But, not in the toilet
if that's ok?

There just made that up

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
flying in the blue sky
looking down
now sailing on the ocean
Zig Zag safe and sound

three weeks later drinking some beer
the women look better when my head
ain't clear

woops I just woke
it was but a dream
I'm on ATS now it seems

A tap on my shoulder
I turn around
It's an alien asking me
what to do with the coffee grounds

I say we don't keep those
throw them away.
But, not in the toilet
if that's ok?

There just made that up

No emotion. And it sure as hell aint from the heart. Definitely not cohesive and it has no solid story line your all over the place..

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I use to be serious depressed at one time. I clearly remember between about maybe 19 to about 23. It was really bad. I'd cry all the time, and I'd have all kinds of negative self talk going on. And I'd just sleep all the time, as I just hated life and hated myself. Eventually in college I was watching some documentary that helped me out big time. The guy was talking about affirmations. So I used positive affirmations to turn all that around 180 degrees. The other key thing I realized about life is this...."there's only 2 life forces that are on your side in life. 1) God and 2) you." That's it! So you better be for yourself and not against yourself if you want to have a good happy positive and productive life. One one of the main forces in all of life is "you". You have to become your own best friend, be your own cheerleader, like yourself, be for yourself, and not against yourself. You just have to. Otherwise it's so easy to fall into a world of self hatred, depression and negativeity. Life's too short for that. Way too short! When life is hard that's when it gets exciting. That's where the fun and challenge is in life, that's when you don't get down by but you dig in emotionally and spiritually and work extra hard to work threw it. But again you have to be for yourself. And no one is like that 24/7 / 365, but I find that when life gets challenging I say to myself "things could be a lot worse". And relize I still have my health, I still have a sound mind, friends, family and just count all your belessings in life and move on. But again, be for yourself, not against.

And so you had a cigarette, BIG DEAL. That's not the end of the world by any stretch. Look face the fact that it's a hard habit to break, plain and simple. The truth is your might never break the habit. But don't beat yourself up about it. It could be far worse. At least your not addicted to crack or meth. It's a cig, big deal!, Again not the end of the world. Not even close. Everyone has habits and addictions. It's no big deal. And you can always try again to quit. But don't be too hard on yourself.
edit on 15-7-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I like it! it's good to get those thoughts out sometimes

I used to write poetry a lot in my teens, it was my way of letting my emotions out without involving another person, along with drawing and music, it was my escape from the world.

Maybe I need to go back there, thanks.
edit on 15-7-2013 by valiant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join