It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Competitive malnutrition and the Golden Corral Dumpster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
If you have never been to GC, they are just huge all you can eat cafeterias with food of every sort including, steaks ribs chicken, breads, desserts etc. Entrance fee is about the price of a movie ticket, $10. So how do they do it? and why do they have to hide their food from inspectors?(per the viral video)

In the Twilight Zone classic(how to serve man: a cookbook), benevolent aliens bring world peace and prosperity to earth in a guise to raise fattened humans for their consumption. So whats the method to our obseity madness? Raising 18 yr olds for war that are 180 lbs instead of my generations 140 lbs? Are we trying to reduce life expectancy to relieve the burden when the demographic pyrmid no longer looks like a pyrmid but rather a cinder block? I received a clue last week when I was in Kauai, gmos are developed in Kauai. Thats right, a unique landscape that is like no other in the US is the area we test gmos. I would think you would test them in a area that is similar to midwest growing conditions, not opposite

Anyways, by accident or design we are becoming a malnurished, genetically modified, obese pig culture and the powers to be seem to quietly encourage it, why?

(HG Wells- The Island of Doctor Moreau)
Dr. Moreau: For 17 years I have been striving to create a... some measure of refinement in the human species you see. And it is here, on this very island, that I sir, have found the very essence of the Devil.
Edward Douglas: What do you mean?
Dr. Moreau: I've seen the Devil, in my microscope and I have chained him, and I suppose you could say in a sense metaphorically speaking, I have cut him to pieces. The Devil, Mr.Douglas, I've found is nothing more than a tiresome collection of genes, and it is with great assurance that I can tell you, that Lucifer, Son of Morning is no more."

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

The answer I am thinking is that TPTB DO Want US ALL to be "a malnurished, genetically modified, obese pig culture". Why? So we are more Easily Controlled. All the Chit there is in the foods now a days is adding to the Flouride in the Water to make us more Docile, easier to Control and Manipulate.
Just wave a Donut, and they will come......
Put some Junk Food out on Display in front of the FEMA Camps when all the Stores are empty, and they will come......
Put out the Meat along side the F C Junk Food, and they will come...... Later, Syx.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

There's a simple answer to this, and it's just GREED, mixed with the ignorance of the masses.

The food these corporations pump out is full of cheap trash, synthetic rubbish, packed with sugar and salt, flavorings, colorings, chemicals to stop it from separating in transit and other such nonsense. This is what happens when you relax food safety standards for lobbying companies and let them get away with almost anything in the name of turning a profit.

Look at those with money, wealthy families, with people who live to a ripe old age of 90 or 100. This is not genetics, it's diet and environment. They don't eat this trash, they eat expensive food cooked by hired chefs. As a result they are not pumping their bodies full of trash for their entire lives and diminishing their health for decades until they die.

Look at Vegans and Vegetarians, while some claim that they are doing themselves harm by not eating meat and all the processed rubbish, how many of them are actually unhealthy?

Nothing will change until people wake up and realize that this is just another symptom of unrestrained capitalism and government corruption. People need to start taking responsibility for themselves and what they consume. It's not good enough for people to just complain about what their government is allowing to happen. Stop buying it, tell other people to stop buying it, educate people about the risks of all this rubbish they are eating and feeding to their kids.

It amazes me that people are so carefree about what they put inside them. Food, water and air are the fundamentals for life and yet we let corporations and governments do what they like with it, while we seem to not give a damn.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
We're the ones to blame tho, its simply supply and demand.
The masses know it.. and accept it.
Lots of people choose taste over nutrition.

America is going a little overboard with it IMO.
Maybe it's just me.. but the one time i went to the states.. it took me 3 days to find a salad..

It came with a burger.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Agree syxDG
But they dont even have to herd us into a FEMA camp if we already wait in line for the mess hall

Skaffe
Its like the intentionally serve poor veggies, or minimum wage help cant prepare them. A local Nepalese restaurant makes a GREAT dish with just fresh veggie & lentils w/ rice for $10...and people line up for it

It can be done, with a good profit margin...but we are trained to eat garbage

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Lentils and rice are not healthy. They are carb rich foods that will typically be a driving force for obesity for a significant portion of the population.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Lentils and rice are not healthy. They are carb rich foods that will typically be a driving force for obesity for a significant portion of the population.

Funny! especially since your id is fat & furry. Im surprised that this place can serve a modest quantity of veggies, lentils and rice and Im not hungry all evening. Anyways, while in Africa my guide took me to his village. Plenty of Masai in their 90s, & ones in their 70s can still herd catlle(which requires walking 20 miles or more in a day-lots of pumpkin soup and lentils with a little dried fish dried with flour in their diet)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka

Funny! especially since your id is fat & furry. Im surprised that this place can serve a modest quantity of veggies, lentils and rice and Im not hungry all evening. Anyways, while in Africa my guide took me to his village. Plenty of Masai in their 90s, & ones in their 70s can still herd catlle(which requires walking 20 miles or more in a day-lots of pumpkin soup and lentils with a little dried fish dried with flour in their diet)

In the US no one will walk 20 miles in a year, let alone a day. That is your first problem: that a carb rich diet is meant to be eaten by someone who is physically active.

I am an accountant. If i eat a carb rich diet I would be a big as the office I am sitting in.

I used to be fat. Now i fluctuate between moderately obese and healthy. Just depending on the dietary habits I wish to employ. Right now I am at a heavy point because of all the carb rich foods I have been eating.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I should add that a common diet in Tibet is roasted barley with buttered chai. A simple diet full of carbs and moderate fats, along with the chai (tea)

Barley is the most fattening food on the planet. Its energy density surpasses everything at over 50g carb/serving. I love barley, but won't eat it because of this.

I see very few fat tibetans. Perhaps their lifestyle is dfiferent? With such a carb rich diet one would expect fatty liver and diabetes to be prevalent.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I should add that a common diet in Tibet is roasted barley with buttered chai. A simple diet full of carbs and moderate fats, along with the chai (tea)

Barley is the most fattening food on the planet. Its energy density surpasses everything at over 50g carb/serving. I love barley, but won't eat it because of this.

I see very few fat tibetans. Perhaps their lifestyle is dfiferent? With such a carb rich diet one would expect fatty liver and diabetes to be prevalent.

Don't forget - Barley is a key ingredient in the world's most perfect food...BEER!!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
As much as I like beer, I dont think individual taste is to blame. When I entitled this thread 'competitive malnutrition,' I meant it in the genre of monetary devaluations. Countries devalue their currencies in order to be more competitive. Wouldnt it stand to reason to kill off your working class at a younger age? rather than pay the medical bill till they are 100?

news.yahoo.com...

"According to a new report from the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization, the United States is no longer the world's fattest developed nation―Mexico is.

Nearly a third of Mexican adults (32.8 percent) are considered obese—people aged 20 and older whose body mass index (BMI) is 30 and above. That edges out the United States, where 31.8 percent of American adults are considered obese."

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Mmmmm.....beer.....

I am unsurprised about the obesity in Mexico. I have me a hot little tamale for a wife, and the familial diet she was accustomed to is just terrible for the waistline, although it was quite wonderful for the taste buds.

Then again, I do prefer a woman who struggles a little more with the waistline.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Mmmmm.....beer.....

I am unsurprised about the obesity in Mexico. I have me a hot little tamale for a wife, and the familial diet she was accustomed to is just terrible for the waistline, although it was quite wonderful for the taste buds.

Then again, I do prefer a woman who struggles a little more with the waistline.

Good point, but the Mexican diet was the same 50 years ago. No? I remember being a giant by their standards 30 yrs ago, by todays standards Im just a thin gringo

Can we attribute the change simply to more available food?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

More available carbohydrates, less available activity.

If you go out into the mountains, you don't find obesity. Obesity is found in the more westernized and urbanized regions. That is where "the poor" tend to congregate.

Funny thing about "the poor": the term doesn't really pertain to the amount of income you have. The folks living in the mountains don't play by rules where "the poor" is recognized.

When travelling to Mexico as a kid, we grabbed up all the low cost, sugary stuff we could with our allowance.
edit on 9-7-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's basically as a poster above stated...it's all about the profit margin.

By producing more "bulk" in a shorter amount of time, the nutritional values are reduced.

Combine that with the fact that many "poor" people cannot afford free range chicken, grass fed beef...etc...so they buy what they can afford...which is not so great. That's "if" they can afford to buy fresh meat, chicken and fish at all. When you have a set amount of money to last a specific amount of time...you "stretch" those dollars and buy things that might "feel" filling to your belly but chances are they are terrible for your body.

I know folks that do not eat like hogs but are fat and in poor health. It's not because they eat too much, it's because they can't afford to eat well from paycheck to paycheck...so they eat what they can afford.

To me...it's a conspiracy. Thin out the poor and the ones that survive you can work like a mule. They already say we have too many people for economic success for everyone (though the planet is capable of feeding them)...it's all about the money.

Just an opinion

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Just a staged video from someone who was going to quit and wanted Youtube fame.

During health inspections you cant just hide the food out back.....

I hope he enjoys the lawsuit.
edit on 9-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Just a staged video from someone who was going to quit and wanted Youtube fame.

During health inspections you cant just hide the food out back.....

I hope he enjoys the lawsuit.
edit on 9-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

I know this guy isnt a rhodes scholar, but a simpleton could stage a better video than that for internet fame. I think that location was doing that, as evidenced from the fact that GC took that franchise way from the owner

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Its in their contract that they can take away the franchise for things like this. In those contracts its "guilty until proven innocent". They do this to protect their name.

So now the owner has to sue this little twit to be compensated. Once he gets a judgment and proves his innocence he will be able to get his &%*^ back.

Anyone who works at a franchise restaurant could do this to screw the owners, anyone.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join