It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Says Public Has No Right To Know About The Secret Laws The Feds Use To Spy On Us

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Maybe if we could get a list of the keywords they look for and everyone sends out 10 emails with those words in them. We could cause their servers to catch on fire and burn the building down. Problem solved!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Have you been at this long? I mean I have been doing all this for years now, I know many others that have been as well. It seems like no matter what I try and do, it keeps all sliding down hill. It's like trying to stop a heavy boulder from rolling down the mountainside, but the boulder started it's momentum long before I was born. It would have been easy to stop it before it gained this insane momentum. Now it just seems like it's too damn late, and all the hours I wasted every week, are just that, wasted. Time I will never get back, spent wasting words on paper or the screen, that for all I know were only read by some intern then disposed of, if read at all. It's very frustrating.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CowboyWilly

Didn't anon already try that pretty recently?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Have you been at this long? I mean I have been doing all this for years now, I know many others that have been as well. It seems like no matter what I try and do, it keeps all sliding down hill. It's like trying to stop a heavy boulder from rolling down the mountainside, but the boulder started it's momentum long before I was born. It would have been easy to stop it before it gained this insane momentum. Now it just seems like it's too damn late, and all the hours I wasted every week, are just that, wasted. Time I will never get back, spent wasting words on paper or the screen, that for all I know were only read by some intern then disposed of, if read at all. It's very frustrating.

So....given what experience has taught you.....what do you do next?

Your analogy is interesting. I tend to liken the situation to being stuck on a raging river in a canoe, headed for a waterfall, without a paddle. I can quickly assess that there is no way I can possibly reach the bank before I go over the falls....so stop wasting time/energy on the obvious and better to make a plan on what the hell I'm going to do once I go over the edge. It's your only slim chance at survival.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
We have now not only reached Orwell's view of the future he wrote of in his book Nineteen Eighty Four, we have surpassed it.
Political correctness is what he saw as Newspeak.
Everyone on this forum will in the future be branded a "thought criminal"
We are outlaws, get used to it.

What use is a nation of sheep when everyone has all the sweaters they will ever need?
Get rid of the sheep... (taxpayers)
Then the sheepdogs...(Alphabet agencies)
Then the shepherd's....(politicians)
Then the spinners, the knitters and merchants for the woolen sweaters. (you get where I am heading, I don't need to spell it out further)

edit on 9-7-2013 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

These days, the only thing I can really afford to do is amass knowledge I think will be useful. I am hoping for another boom in business, so I can afford to buy some supplies needed to try out various ideas I am coming up with. Testing out as many as I can with what I can come up with that I already have around me. Sucks being practically unemployed lol. Gotta make due best I can I suppose, it's what we all got to do.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

So we massacre everyone, great. And then what? Sure, we will be truelly free, those of us not pushing up daisies at least. Then us survivors are the same, if not worse then the puppetmasters we are looking to buck... Gotta be a better way than that I would hope. Would you be able to look at yourself in the mirror afterwards? I don't think I could.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is completely unacceptable. America is going completely downhill. If you are summoned to an N.S.A. hearing, for example, you are not even allowed to tell anyone that you were.

I am sure that there are already laws and protocols in place that the people aren't allowed to know about that can get someone in trouble - the next step would be to send them off to a secret camp and have the whole process - the laws, the "trial," the arrest, the prison all secret.

Total bull#.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You guys see that?

If I didn't know any better, it's gotta be the biggest middle finger to the American public yet.

CHANGE!!!!

Maybe... the program is actually horribly inefficient, but now it gives the American public one more reason to fear their government.

Strange days indeed.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Just remember this when they come for you. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Even if you broke the law 20 years before it was law.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Well, it's been clear for a long time that this administration has no respect for the laws of the land, and no intention of applying them.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. If it comes down to "nothing changes" then the SHTF, it's going to be very costly wouldn't wish that for any change, ever. More so sad it had to come to that. I do not believe for a second the US will be the first to fall, but rather the last. The US won't be allowed to fall until every penny is squeezed out, the slaves used up... thrown away...
edit on 10-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hey DOJ.

EAT ME.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
They won't tell us because US citizens are who they are watching.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Just remember this when they come for you. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Even if you broke the law 20 years before it was law.

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but I don't believe that Ignorance of the Law is no excuse depending on how you define ignorance. If you look at how many laws there are in todays world across so many different sections and categories, then there is not a single person on the planet that could possibly know of every law. So in fact, every person on the planet is ignorant of most laws. But ignorance is really when you know of a law but blatantly ignore, or side step it hoping not to get caught. So Ignorance of the law is no excuse at times, but not knowing of a law is not ignorance, as no one on this planet can know all those laws. It is humanly impossible to know them all, so how is it ignorance ?

This wording is just another loophole they invented to use against someone that may of found another loop hole.

And if they can charge you for breaking a law that wasn't even a law at the time of offence, then that's just further proof of how corrupted the legal system is, where they can just write a law and charge people with the new law. No one should ever be charged with a crime that was committed before a law was written. If the law wasn't written at the time of offence, then how was it illegal ? Just further proof of a corrupt legal system. Imagine if they brought in new laws saying 90km/hr on a highway instead of the old law of 100km/hr. Does that mean that everyone that did 100km/hr can now be booked for speeding because the new law says 90km/hr, which now puts those people 10km/hr over the speed limit at the time of offence, even though they weren't breaking the law at the time ?

No government, or court should EVER be allowed to back date an offence to match a new law. If new laws need to be made based on peoples actions, then from that moment onwards the new law and punishment applies. Those that were not breaking the law at the time, should NEVER be made to be criminals because of a newer law brought in after the alleged offence.

These law changes are all about sending more and more people to the now privately run prisons, which like most private organizations, are profit based. The more in their jail, the more they make. And it is ignorance to think it works any other way. But I won't blame people for not knowing, but I have no sympathy that did know but still ignore the reality !

Ignorance is no excuse or defence, but not knowing all laws is not ignorance, as no human on the planet can know them all. Not even the judges that sentence you for breaking a law that wasn't even a law when you "broke" it, could know every law. If your lawyer knew all the laws, he wouldn't need all those books in their office used as references, would they ?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

People who believe in secret laws and secret courts can go straight to hell as far as I am concerned.

Short and Simple

STRAIGHT TO HELL

no lawyers, no discussing of pros and cons,

Just simply, here is the door to hell, go in it, close the door.

Thank you

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I love this part especially...

But revealing how a United States' law is interpreted can never by itself create a national security issue. And that's all that's being asked of here.

It can indeed create a security issue, when the government deems its own population a national security threat. The anger of the people is what is being feared here, creating a perpetual state of paranoia where anything can be justified to maintain government control.

Imagine if some totalitarian government came to power, like Hitler's rise to power, but in America. That government would make the people an enemy to be watched and monitored, because its primary ambition is to stay in control for an imagined majority.

Therefore, any group within the country can be treated as an enemy. It develops to the point where exposure of measures used to limit those people in their political opinions and discussions is a justifiable act for the stability of the government.

This is the part that people are not catching on to. The NSA has already stated that it is non political as an agency. Therefore, it works outside of politics. This means that any person or group can be seen as a threat to the system itself, requiring more spying and more controls, eventually leading to more erosion of freedoms to prevent that risk, which in itself increases the risks as more people become outspoken against it, which then increases the totalitarian nature of the agency... and on and on we go.

For instance, since this leak, you can bet your behind that the NSA has added thousands of names to those special lists, and are now monitoring plenty more people (journalists, writers, internet users etc) who have spoken out against these measures. We know they have increased their propaganda efforts and tried desperately to manipulate public opinion, trying to tarnish Snowden, and this has become almost plain as day to millions around the world (even if most Americans still can't see it themselves).

It's a catch 22 situation. If people speak out against it, it increases to monitor more and more people - because just having an opinion critical of government is grounds for monitoring these days. The people become the threat to the dominance of government and these agencies.

Anything can be justified when you have a system as extensive and powerful as this and their own population becomes an increased threat to its own ability to function.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

just as a point of specificity, it's SUPPOSED to be a constitutional republic.....it's obviously not that anymore either, but I figured I'd still toss that out there anyway....

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Picture a big hungry dragon that ate everything in sight and is still hungry. That's the future of the US government and ultimately devouring itself.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I keep asking this same question over and over, and no one answers:

What are you going to do about it?

Ya know, Texan, for the longest time, I asked the same question with no responses.

But, the answer was perfectly clear and I never saw it.....it was the question. The right question should have been, "What are you willing to lose to do something about it?"

In a world where more and more large screens, Xboxes, Reality TV shows and World of Warcraft have a significantly higher level of importance than basic rights, you will never get anyone to do anything seriously about it. And, frankly, it has been chipped away at (Liberty) for a LONG time, it's not an overnight phenomena....our predecessors were truly the remiss ones in their "American Dream" dream state.

Snowden fired the first shot....but, the harsh reality is, that until someone makes the ultimate sacrifice to secure our liberties, it will go unnoticed and unchanged.

Who amongst us will be the first to lose everything? That is the question.

I think it's to do with those of us with true conviction being terrified that our sacrafice would be for naught. whoever made that most absolute of sacrafices would be written off in the media as a mental case and marginalized as a radical, or a terrorist...and just like that, they would be forgotten....their death rendered completely meaningless...

that's why I don't think anyone has done anything serious yet..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join