It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Says Public Has No Right To Know About The Secret Laws The Feds Use To Spy On Us

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The only thing you can do is buckle up for the ride and if you happen to survive the crash, hope your prepared enough for the aftermath,,anarchy will reign for a short while, until the militias form up to try to bring in their own version of justice and rule.

Then the cycle starts all over again.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
James Robertson is late or ?

US must fix secret Fisa courts, says top judge who granted surveillance orders

James Robertson breaks ranks and says he was shocked to hear of changes to allow broader authorisation of NSA programs

A former federal judge who granted government surveillance requests has broken ranks to criticise the system of secret courts as unfit for purpose in the wake of recent revelations by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. James Robertson, who retired from the District of Columbia circuit in 2010, was one of a select group of judges who presided over the so-called Fisa courts, set up under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, which are intended to provide legal oversight and protect against unnecessary privacy intrusions.

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 9-7-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
What I would like to see, is the rightwing conservatives and the leftwing progressives unite against the common foe that wants to stifle freedom of speech and assembly.
But I sincerely doubt that will happen with the forces of division fanning the partisan, agenda driven flames of hatred. You know who you are....
edit on 9-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Right now this bi partisan, two party ideal crap, is dividing the information sharing against the NSA surveillance.

Grats ya'll! Fully working as intended.

This is what I've seen;
"I won't protest X because Y is associated with it." Y=derogatory terms for groups; Commie Occupiers or Tea Baggers.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

How about you?

Well, to be honest....the question wasn't meant to elicit a display of one's phallus.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
James Robertson is late or ?

US must fix secret Fisa courts, says top judge who granted surveillance orders

James Robertson breaks ranks and says he was shocked to hear of changes to allow broader authorisation of NSA programs

A former federal judge who granted government surveillance requests has broken ranks to criticise the system of secret courts as unfit for purpose in the wake of recent revelations by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. James Robertson, who retired from the District of Columbia circuit in 2010, was one of a select group of judges who presided over the so-called Fisa courts, set up under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, which are intended to provide legal oversight and protect against unnecessary privacy intrusions.

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 9-7-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for that. Funny how some of them come around in the end. Too late? We'll have to see I guess.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by dreamingawake

How about you?

Well, to be honest....the question wasn't meant to elicit a display of one's phallus.

Fair enough, and that was not meant to display phallus on my side(also?) and since I am a woman I guess you'd have to use another example lol. Your question sparked a lot of replies, directed towards the thread. I answered, with sources to let you know people who are concerned about spying are not all keyboard commandos as it seemed so the answers to your question were displaying. It did seem offtopic and assuming that I am posting but have no concern to do anything? Maybe I am wrong? Just genuinely wondering and no offense.
edit on 9-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: spelling

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

DOJ, that's Eric Holder...........right?

Some now I don't think the DOJ under the rule of Holder and his boss care one bit about what the people want or care about.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

DOJ, that's Eric Holder...........right?

Some now I don't think the DOJ under the rule of Holder and his boss care one bit about what the people want or care about.

Benghazi, Fast and the Furious... coming back to DOJ's Holder, that correlation may get more interested.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
the question nobody is asking is why are they making their tyranny so blatant?

this is not how covert scheming progresses.

this is either going to be very good or very bad.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

you talkin' to me? i am well up to your reverse psychology lingo
twisting tactics, you bigfatfurryfecker!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Well, i certainly meant no offense. I am quite blunt, and come across rudely from time to time.

Or, perhaps more properly stated: i tend to be sarcastic and blunt.

In any event, the "keyboard commando" is the mentality that is in my sights. Kony 2012 is the poster child for the indifference of modern activism.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopsyTurvyOne

you talkin' to me? i am well up to your reverse psychology lingo
twisting tactics, you bigfatfurryfecker!

Sure. I'm talking to you.

Now lets see where this goes.....

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Because the majority of the sheep like the illusion of a security blanket. In my hometown of Cocoa Beach there are hundreds of security cameras, many are strategically placed to spy on certain houses. If you ask the average resident, especially the soccer mom types they love the cameras and think it makes them safer. The reality is if they do catch a crime in progress, by the time the police respond it will be too late. They do nothing to reduce crime.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well, i certainly meant no offense. I am quite blunt, and come across rudely from time to time.

Or, perhaps more properly stated: i tend to be sarcastic and blunt.

In any event, the "keyboard commando" is the mentality that is in my sights. Kony 2012 is the poster child for the indifference of modern activism.

"keyboard commando" may not agree there but one thing to agree on with the topic is that Kony2012 was pretty horrid!
edit on 9-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Because the majority of the sheep like the illusion of a security blanket. In my hometown of Cocoa Beach there are hundreds of security cameras, many are strategically placed to spy on certain houses. If you ask the average resident, especially the soccer mom types they love the cameras and think it makes them safer. The reality is if they do catch a crime in progress, by the time the police respond it will be too late. They do nothing to reduce crime.

Indeed and...
Simply, because they can. Conditioning helps that. I believe it has been tested and approved. The Patriot ACT was a more recent, in years, example. Especially the re-signing, was silent because it was supported this time around with the partisan crowd.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

this is not how covert scheming progresses.

this is either going to be very good or very bad.
Why do they need to keep there tyranny secret when all you need to do to achieve your agenda is buy the fools with food stamps and free phones.

Look at how much easier it is to buy the people and make them part of it as opposed to sneaking around. One has to wonder if what we are being allowed to see is only the surface.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The fact they are "purging" these records reflects very obvious ulterior motives. For what? To hide the fact that they did not kill OBL but instead died years ago due to kidney failure? Are the feds that paranoid about the people finding out? This is very curious timing with the whole Edward Snowden thing going on and all.... I wonder if they are afraid of Snowden revealing even more information while he is on the run or if they are concerned other people will start ratting the government out on their BS too.

reply to post by marg6043

More like they use the constitution to wipe the BS that comes out of their asses on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wait did someone say DOJ?

As in Holder DOJ ?

As in Fast and Furious, and AP spying DOJ?

As in the 'most transparent admin is Us history?

Most corrupt admin is US histroy.

The public has no right to know eh?

Welcome to de Fatherland zieg heil Zieg heil may the glorious 4th reich never fade from the pages of infamy,

That deserves a 5 thumbs down on my worthless meter

Democracy in action majority rules.
edit on 9-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
More insights from the experts...

"The NSA has no constitutional right to secretly obtain the telephone records of every American citizen on a daily basis, subject them to sophisticated data mining and store them forever. It's time government officials are charged with criminal conduct, including lying to Congress" - James Bamford

Q: In “The Shadow Factory,” you quote the late Sen. Frank Church, the first chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, who said the NSA’s data collection “could be turned around on the American people and no American would have any privacy left, such [is] the capability to monitor everything: telephone conversations, telegrams, it doesn’t matter. There would be no place to hide. If this government ever became a tyranny, if a dictator ever took charge in this country, the technological capacity that the intelligence community has given the government could enable it to impose total tyranny, and there would be no way to fight back.” What do you make of Church’s comments today?

A: He was enormously prescient and we should have heeded his warning.

Interview with NSA Expert

edit on 9-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

All this is is confirmation that there is an organization within the government that is considered to be above the law.

It's confirmation of corruption.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join