It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

DOJ Says Public Has No Right To Know About The Secret Laws The Feds Use To Spy On Us

page: 2
129
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I keep asking this same question over and over, and no one answers:

What are you going to do about it?


Ya know, Texan, for the longest time, I asked the same question with no responses.

But, the answer was perfectly clear and I never saw it.....it was the question. The right question should have been, "What are you willing to lose to do something about it?"

In a world where more and more large screens, Xboxes, Reality TV shows and World of Warcraft have a significantly higher level of importance than basic rights, you will never get anyone to do anything seriously about it. And, frankly, it has been chipped away at (Liberty) for a LONG time, it's not an overnight phenomena....our predecessors were truly the remiss ones in their "American Dream" dream state.

Snowden fired the first shot....but, the harsh reality is, that until someone makes the ultimate sacrifice to secure our liberties, it will go unnoticed and unchanged.

Who amongst us will be the first to lose everything? That is the question.




posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
And so it begins first USA then UK then dominate the world. I can see USA becoming United states of Nations as they ( your government ) will take over the UN as Obama will be the leader of UN. Watch this space, our government in the UK hires US agencies to spy on us Brits as they don't want to get their own hands dirty also if people found out that our own government were spying on us then we can send them to a public trial. When people say to me that NWO is a load of rubbish I say well look around we have more cctv that is there for our protection haha more like to spy on you all the time and keep you in line if you try to go against the big boss government. Don't EVER give up your rights and I would rather die helping others then helping the corruption of our governments.
edit on 7/9/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I keep asking this same question over and over, and no one answers:

What are you going to do about it?


I'll answer...

Nothing!

From my perspective we are a nation of cowards. Content to sit at our computers and whine. Work for corporations, consume, consume consume and be lulled to sleep by banal, meaningless entertainment.
Addicted to junkfood, alcohol, drugs, stupid fads, fake religion, ATS style websites, and the fantasy of the "American Dream"

A fool proof social control mechanism!

Even the malcontents in the street protesting are marginalized, ridiculed and co-opted into ineffectiveness.

Only an event of biblical proportions can affect change on a national level; And "They" have that in the works as well!!

Is this just the ramblings of a paranoid fool? God I hope so....




edit on 9-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12
 


Nothing is right. Because, as the prior poster said, we are basically all bought and paid for with shiny baubles.

"What? You mean attend a protest? On Saturday? I was going to Costco on Saturday, then maybe Lowe's. Can we do it another time? Yeah, sometime after the Super Bowl/NBA Finals/American Idol."

Here is the problem for me: I don't fear losing everything if it means a chance for change. BUt to lose everything only to forever be known as "that fruitcake" is just not something I am willing to do.

And even talking about it....right back tot he OP. Our conversation surely is being stored away somewhere in an NSA database, tagged with keywords like "revolution", "dissident", or "unpatriotic".



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I see.... WE THE PEOPLE have no 'right' to know the secret methods used to violate us by the very Government we support?

Yes.. I see clearly now... DOJ has it at least half right. There is something here that has no rights. THEIR keeping a jobv and the DOJ keeping authority under a weasel like Eric Holder.

He has no right to maintain an appointed position with power of any kind. That is what has no right here. The People HAVE EVERY DAMNED RIGHT to know what is being done in our name, by our 'consent' and against our well being.

Those in Government who believe this is Russia or China and they have this sort of power under our system need introduced to a pair of handcuffs before being introduced to a 8x10 concrete room where they can spend the rest of their days wondering ...Doh....Why couldn't we do that?



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


BFFT,
Surely if a government as base, corrput, and degenerate as the one which currently prevails over the people of the USA, would tag you in such a manner, you ought to be proud of that fact?

It is not your country which would so percieve you, only the pointless functionaries who are ruining its name, and its foundations by thier behavior. Given that those who think freely and clearly about these matters will all be tagged in this manner in time to come, why not accept that description.

To be considered an enemy of the state by those who seek to corrupt your nation beyond repair, ought to be a mark of honour, one which your nations people will, in time, understand for what it is.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake
 


Yup... Interpretation, abuse, embarrassment...



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Their message is to obey the system and obey this and that, don't answer back to PTB. We must always answer back to them and never let them talk for us. They want a country that you are all sheep and once one sheep obeys the system the rest follow suit. We are the resistance, the future army against the warlord. Love & light x
edit on 7/9/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
We have not lost enough to make a difference. If one rises up now, he will just be taken out and laughed at as a conspirator. When enough of the right people cannot feed their kids or do not get their government money(mostly inner cities), when they rise up, then you have a slim shot. That is when the time is right. Otherwise, as long as the people being taken care of by big government, nothing will change.

People are just not hungry enough yet, they still have their luxuries to keep them satisfied.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by olaru12
 


Nothing is right. Because, as the prior poster said, we are basically all bought and paid for with shiny baubles.

"What? You mean attend a protest? On Saturday? I was going to Costco on Saturday, then maybe Lowe's. Can we do it another time? Yeah, sometime after the Super Bowl/NBA Finals/American Idol."

Here is the problem for me: I don't fear losing everything if it means a chance for change. BUt to lose everything only to forever be known as "that fruitcake" is just not something I am willing to do.

And even talking about it....right back tot he OP. Our conversation surely is being stored away somewhere in an NSA database, tagged with keywords like "revolution", "dissident", or "unpatriotic".


Agreed with you and the previous agreeing posters


In many other places (countries) around the world, who are rioting because of their particular reasons - what will it take for USA to get mad?

The mass media recently seems to almost be provoking the public to do something, and I think it will continue until the people (maybe) do something.

From the governments point of view, the "protests" could be used to bring martial law, and throughout history many governments are ready to use any good reason to try and establish a long term regime, without meaningful opposition / resistance.

Interesting times we live in, I look forward to the day there is any serious protests in the USA, but besides some riots from a sports team losing a game, or race-incited and propagandized incidents, I don't see the people caring much for what their leaders are doing enough to make them stop.

Maybe if the dollar was devalued that may cause complaints. Maybe...



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I simply cannot believe something like this is going on in a Country I was born and raised in, built on the constitution.

I wake up everyday, have my coffee, liposomal Vit C concoction a little later, watch the news for a bit before going to work, AND I SEE HEADLINES LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS this even real life? I mean I knew since the 90's they(big bro) was doing stuff like this, but know it's public and nobody is really even giving a rats arse!!!! It's like a woke up into the beginning of Orwell's 1984....

The douche's at the top need to be purged and we need to start all over again. It's clearly a industrial-military-corporate-fascism........it's no longer a democratic republic.

I believe the alphabets have all gone rouge and operate with no oversight ......and this is what we get in exchange. If nothing is done about this, we'll start getting chipped, rations, labor camps, the police replaced with military.........it' gonna turn into some 3rd world orwellian nightmare and "they've" already taken the first step towards that.

now it's just deny deny deny deny, lie lie lie......... stomach hurts just thinking about what we've turned into as a country.

Snowden is a Genius Hero......



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
About now I would pick up a gun and start shooting!

I was recently attacked and tried to be killed by some people I think they where just trying to see how it would feel to kill me in any case Enough is e #ing Enough


FREEDOM
edit on 9-7-2013 by Gestas because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpy
We have not lost enough to make a difference. If one rises up now, he will just be taken out and laughed at as a conspirator. When enough of the right people cannot feed their kids or do not get their government money(mostly inner cities), when they rise up, then you have a slim shot. That is when the time is right. Otherwise, as long as the people being taken care of by big government, nothing will change.

People are just not hungry enough yet, they still have their luxuries to keep them satisfied.


That won't be long then as looks like your Obama is doing that on each cut just like my PM they attack the vulnerable as they think that they can't fight back. Well let me to you we will fight back when the time is right. Its not just governments that are making people ill and needing food. Big corporations are making small businesses go out of business by selling cheap, you may think that's great but when they have no more competitors the prices will rise just look at cost of food now from supermarkets. We need to stop being so materialistic and help one another not fight one another. I see lost of posts on here where others are flaming others yes I know its a forum deny ignorance but we should be directing that towards our enemy.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake
 


Good post.

So what are you going to do about it?



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit
 


Great sentiment. Unfortunately for me, as evidenced by the enlistment numbers that allow us to continue to wage war on the world, not enough of my countrymen see disobedience as patriotic.

Thoreau used to be a great American author. Now he is just some dude that used to write books.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gestas
About now I would pick up a gun and start shooting!

I was recently attacked and tried to be killed by some people I think they where just trying to see how it would feel to kill me in any case Enough is e #ing Enough


FREEDOM
edit on 9-7-2013 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

If you believe in freedom, do you feel free to arm yourself?



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines
 


a devalued dollar will only cause as much angst as its effect within our borders creates.



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


Correct.

Nobody is going to do anything, and I agree with your reasoning that anyone who does will likely be a labelled a lone-nutball.

How do you organize and revolt when they have decades of game theory, psychological profiling, and all the communications are tapped? How the hell do you communicate long enough to organize, without being infiltrated, taken out, or whatever else?

It's game over.
edit on 9-7-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantriQueptidez
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


Correct.

Nobody is going to do anything, and I agree with your reasoning that anyone who does will likely be a labelled a lone-nutball.

How do you organize and revolt when they have decades of game theory, psychological profiling, and all the communications are tapped? How the hell do you communicate long enough to organize, without being infiltrated, taken out, or whatever else?

It's game over.
edit on 9-7-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)


Also it'll be much harder once google glasses and the spybox one is released into the abyss. Prism will be used as the mainframe for those companies.
edit on 7/9/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Its really quite simple, all the government has to do is keep its populace poor. The poor do not really have the means to wage resistance to their plans. They are too worried about surviving week by week and I am sure some day by day. The rich have enough luxuries to satisfy them so no threat there.

People are too worried about surviving or their luxuries to care about politics. It would take an enormous event to make the masses come together for their own benefit.

We are in check mate



new topics

top topics



 
129
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join