It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am no seeing visionary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
But i just cant shake this.. every time someone is about to walk out of my life. lets randomly say,... a month in advance a random thought will pop in my head that says they will (almost like the devil on my shoulder showing me something to hurt me). then i convince myself EVERY time. that they wont. and they do. im not saying oh i can see the future look at me and my glowing fairy body.. but i am saying this happens with anyone who has done that. not only walking out of my life. but almost anything when it comes to loosing a friend to someone showing up to my house. i never ever know when. but what i do know is that it happens. but now when that thought pops into my head i listen. and i know.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Maybe you just give people a bad vibe.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

well christ.. if i can call you that. i want to agree. but honestly its not 100% negative. as i said its not always just about people walking out of my life. it could be mundane to a new door opining in my life, but i saw the door before it opened.. idk

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EmittsrifEhtrof

your not alone by a long shot. Sometimes i wonder if the thought process actually effects the reality like once it happens i begin to believe and act in a way that helps it along like a self fulfilling prophecy.

I think I have the ability to read people too well at times I can sense a change like a light went out. I have ignored it only to be correct time and time again. Often people don't realize how much they reveal emotionally. Small things go first maybe a comment thats, then comes the distancing emotionally and physically to which you tell your self its all in your head so you smile and try to make things as good as possible. Then comes the obvious stuff, fights for no reasons, secretive activity, misplaced anger

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Your'e not crazy.

This happens to me almost every day.. I'll be thinking about something and a few hours later.. BAM there it is!

It has reached the point where coincidence is an impossibility.

Guess we're all a little bit psychic.

Was going to open a thread about this when i reached my 20th post.. it's really been baffling my mind lately!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There has been scientific evidence showing our brains make our decisions 6-7 seconds before we consciously do.

It is some crazy stuff! I am in no way a neuroscientist and I really know very little when it comes to our brains but I was so astonished by this, when I first read about it a while back.

Brain Scans Can Reveal Your Decisions 7 Seconds Before You “Decide”

In a kind of spooky experiment, scientists at the Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences reveal that our decisions are made seconds before we become aware of them.

In the study, participants could freely decide if they wanted to press a button with their right or left hand. The only condition was that they had to remember when they made the decision to either use their right hand or left hand. Using fMRI, researchers would scan the brains of the participants while all of this was going on in order to find out if they could in fact predict which hand the participants would use BEFORE they were consciously aware of the decision.

Video Description: In this clip, Marcus Du Sautoy (Professor of Mathematics at the University of Oxford and current Simonyi Professor for the Public Understanding of Science) participates in an experiment conducted by John-Dylan Haynes (Professor at the Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience Berlin) that attempts to find the neurological basis for decision making.

By monitoring the micro patterns of activity in the frontopolar cortex, the researchers could predict which hand the participant would choose 7 SECONDS before the participant was aware of the decision. “Your decisions are strongly prepared by brain activity. By the time consciousness kicks in, most of the work has already been done,” said study co-author John-Dylan Haynes, a Max Planck Institute neuroscientist.
source

I too have had events similar to ones described in this thread. Could it be coincidence when those strange event occur? Could be. But it also could be our brain somehow connecting into the conscious of the universe and for brief blips, being able to access different energies and allowing us to catch glimpses or feelings about future events.

I really don't know but I find this topic and our brains extremely interesting. S&F

edit on 7/9/2013 by mcx1942 because: add video description

new topics

top topics

join