It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamins are bad for you. They will give you heart disease, headaches, and cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

You can't overdose on vitamins.

Nope, not at all.

archpedi.jamanetwork.com...

Just one example of many.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Water soluble vitamins and fat soluble vitamins are completely different, and the difference can be life threatening.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

archpedi.jamanetwork.com...

Just one example of many.

Deny ignorance.

Being harmed by the iron in vitamin supplement pills does not, in turn, make the vitamins themselves harmful. It only indicates that vitamins are preferably taken by eating healthy foods rather than taking the concentrated vitamins in pill form.

And even then, that little story doesn't qualify as an "overdose."

If you can find someone who overdosed on vitamin c because they ate 17 oranges, then you will have proven me wrong. Thus far, you haven't.

Water soluble vitamins and fat soluble vitamins are completely different, and the difference can be life threatening.

I'm not gonna argue with this, but I will say that Anti-depressants and narcotics should be the topic of "It's bad for you and will kill you" .... NOT vitamins.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Iron supplements come under vitamins I'm sorry to say, but anyway, there have also been deaths from vitamin D and vitamin E overdoses.

www.poison.org...

What you don't seem to understand, is that too much of anything can be fatal, even water.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

Iron supplements come under vitamins I'm sorry to say, but anyway, there have also been deaths from vitamin D and vitamin E overdoses.

www.poison.org...

What you don't seem to understand, is that too much of anything can be fatal, even water.

I understand that completely.

I guess I should have worded it, "You can't overdose on 17 oranges..."

That would've been closer to my point.

Still... vitamins give you cancer? That's a bit too much. Especially with these quack doctors promoting suicide-murder pills, and damning vitamins. Yeah, too much of anything can be bad, but the point of the thread is the great big gap between vitamins and mind/body altering drugs given to folks via prescription. One is much worse than the other.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join