It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamins are bad for you. They will give you heart disease, headaches, and cancer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Time for my rant of the month...

So. Watching local news earlier, then see a story about how vitamins are now "bad" for you.

Get this.

This doctor came out on the news, holding a vile containing a vitamin supplement pill.

He said, "This pill contains the same amount of vitamin c as 17 oranges. You don't need NEARLY that much vitamin c in a single day. Intaking too many vitamins in one day will give you heart disease, headaches, and cancer."

So... with our food and water poisoned, GMO'ed, and tampered with, now vitamin tablets are the enemy?

SERIOUSLY?!

They really WANT us to silently kill ourselves.

How can they say vitamins are harmful, yet they advocate crap like this;

I tried to find a video of the doctor who appeared on the news, but couldn't find one.

Anyway... end rant.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Believe the opposite of what "they" are saying...I never had problems with my vitamins, and I have been taking them daily for years...

Everything is bad for you these days...you don't know who or what to believe anymore. I'm still going to take my vitamins...
btw...reading these lines may cause you nausue or headche and sometimes ever a stroke so I'm not responsible for anything...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

What they are trying to do is get vitamins to be regulated by the FDA. If they can get vitamins taken off the shelves and put behind the counter that is an advantage to the pharmaceutical industry. Since they have Modern Medicine in their pocket they can push more unnatural drugs on us.

Did it happen to be this doctor?

Here is some info on deaths from vitamins vs. big pharma

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Codex Ailementarious(sp?) in action im guessing. People arent going to buy this crap.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Wow

This video previously contained a copyrighted audio track. Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted.
from your youtube commercial already WTH. Isn't it an advertisement. these corporations are hilarious

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
"Today's medical report brought to you by Big Pharma."

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hands off my vitamins. I have a condition that causes difficulty absorbing nutrients, so supplementing with vitamins is a must.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Big pharma have realised that big coin is involved in vitamin consumption.

They want it - they want it all !!

They want it now !!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Exactly.

Supplementing a diet with vitamins.

There are people out there who live on a diet of vitamins.

And that ain't healthy, probably why the gov wants to regulate them.

As usual such laws cater for the lowest common denominator.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I take a multi from my local co-op.....does me well.
I thought that your body takes what is needed from the suppliment, and gets rid of the rest unneeded nutrience, through peeing and ect.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The so called recommended daily allowance for vitamin C is just enough to keep you from getting Scurvy. 17 times that amount is getting close to what you really need, however, in pill form it's mostly expelled from the body instead of being absorbed on the cellular level.

Most diets are poor in other vitamins and minerals as well so supplementation is needed to provide what your not getting in your food. You can thank Monsanto, Big Pharma, USDA and the FDA for that if you live in the USA. When a doctor comes on the TV and tells you vitamins are bad for you...follow the money...he's been bought off to tell you what Big Pharma wants you to hear.

S.A.D. Standard American Diet, chemical laced, man made, GMO unnatural garbage...enjoy! Monsanto and Big Pharma says it's good for you

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

So when I see a government sponsored advertisement campaigns, I should do the opposite?

Here's just one example of what 'they' say:

Plenty or other campaigns too here:

www.healthyactive.gov.au...

Of course these are Australian campaigns, but 'they' are the same wherever you go right?

And I should take your advise and do the opposite, right?

Not eat 2 fruit and 5 veg a day?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Read this.

Vitamin C is something else.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Have you given that a burl wino ?
I have and i can't report the wow effects that others seem to have enjoyed.
However the usual coughs colds and sniffles have not been an issue.
Even those - oh oh here we go ... I'm coming down with something moments;
Have failed to eventuate !

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Every few months, one of these "articles" "stories", whatever you want to call it, makes the rounds in the newspapers on TV news, either vitamins are not as good for you as they thought, or they're bad for you, etc., etc., blah blah. I firmly believe someone "decides" every few months to start one of these, to entrench a public who already believes anything they say. And I'm not even much of a conspiracy theorist at all. But in the last decade or so, I've noticed more and more of these articles, while at the same time, more and more people are turning to vitamins.

They have FAR fewer articles or newscasts about the amount of people who die every year from prescription drugs.

So many simple things: Niacin can be a good alternative to statin drugs, but with no side effects, and only pennies a day. Choline can increase your sex drive. Choline and Inositol, two B vitamins, when taken daily for a period of time, will clean fat out of your liver, make you sleep better, increase concentration and regulate anxiety - oh and your skin and hair will look better.

One thing I'd agree with is that you have to know what you're doing with vitamins. Everyone who takes them should research what they're taking. The RDA, recommended daily allowance, on each bottle is utterly meaningless. It always says, "Take one or two tablets a day or follow the advice of your physician."

First of all, your physician almost always knows NOTHING about most vitamins. Second of all, there are bottles of vitamin C that have 50 mg. tabs, and bottles that have 1500 mg. tabs, yet they ALL say, "Take one or two...."
So you really have to research vitamins and minerals.

People buy them for a particular purpose and simply don't take enough most of the time to have any real effect. And then on the other hand, there are certainly vitamins and minerals that when taken in excess can be bad. More than 100 mg of zinc each day will build up and cause problems. If you were to take too much selenium for an extended period of time, it could cause heart problems. Too much E will build up because it's fat soluble. Also, when you go on or off vitamin E, you'll have a short lived, initial increase in blood pressure, so if you go on, go on for awhile, and if you go off, go off for awhile.

All that being said, there are SO many uses for vitamins to replace drugs it's not even funny.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I take a small/medium sized multimineral pill almost every day, and one day a week a big vitamin pill. I have all sorts of seperate vitamins and some minerals also. I occasionally take those when I feel I need one.

I'm having a little problems building blood, but that is a problem with diet used to control my TLE interfering with some genetic issues. No big deal...I hope... unless I work hard and open the veins up to the muscles. Then bloodflow to my head goes down and I get a little faint from the low blood volume problem I have had for most my life.. I'll figure how to fix that problem, I was living with it for my whole life, but I didn't need to eat these foods to control epilepsy then.

Some minerals work great for helping asthma.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I tried multi-vitamines a while ago, it gave me pain in my hands, i could't even open a bottle. I stopped using it and it went away, tried other vitamines and it came back.
I come to think a lot of artritis with old people is caused by vitamine crap.
edit on 10/7/2013 by pinobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

its called silent warfare. nasa doc outlines it very clearly youtube video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Read this.

Vitamin C is something else.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I remember that thread.

That's exactly why the "vitamin C" part stuck out to me so much.

You can't overdose on vitamins. Come on, doc...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Sounds like the doctor in the video may have been Paul Offit, MD who recently published an anti-supplement book. His misleading claims have been convincingly refuted (read 2 Big Lies: No Vitamin Benefits & Supplements Are Very Dangerous). As you rightly recognized these accusations are about politics... this doctor (Offit) is a major spokesman for the medical industry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join