It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama plans road trip to push immigration...has he taken leave of his senses?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ah, the crowd will cheer, maybe even another peace prize awarded, ratings positioned as high, all the while the hole will be dug deeper. Oh wait, I am being "reactionary"

May all the new people not be used and abused as the rest of us and find their dreams!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Really? like Bush town meetings on his SS reform that end up been so bad that they had to manufacture the meetings and eventually just stop the pushing of the reform.

I wonder how well he will be received in those states that his furlong is screwing thousand of Americans so he can pledge financial help to other countries.

Now he wants to grant amnesty to millions while millions are already on welfare and without a job, how about 49% of the US population, yes this is going to be just like the manufactured Bush town meetings.

He has not taken leave of his senses his is out of his mind and before he was a toad now he is becoming tadpole.
Brainless.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

We never had to press two for Italian or chinese.

That's because there weren't cumputerized telephone operators. Your beef is with technology.

We never had to speak Italian or any other language to get a job.

Sure you did. Don't think that the railroad hired bilinguals? The Mining companies? On and on it goes...Of course they hired bilinguals for those jobs.

The immigrants of the past came through proper channels.

Tell that to the Native Americans

We didn't even really enforce immigration until WW2.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wait a President working to secure the White House for their paty in the next election? Why that is a first. If you were born yesterday. Immigration reform is alway popular in a nation full of immigrants. Obama knows it, the DNC knows it and the GOP knows it. That is why it is going happen just as it has under many other President of each party. Sure you have the crazy folks who think that America will die and all the jobs will go away some how when the people who are currently working the jobs become leagal. None of that ever happens of course and in fact Amnestys have proven good for the economy. This is an eacy issue to pass and a popular one. The DNC also knows that the GOP is being torn apart by the Tea Party nutters and that makes them and easy target. You have part of the GOP that wants to reform because they know if they do not the party is dead but, they are held back by a pack of nutters who scream and yell and never do anything.

For Obama right now is just about securing his legacy. Peace and a recovering economy mixed with immigration reform and the guy is going to look better than Clinton and Reagan after he gets out of office.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's funny that a country founded entirely by immigrants can have so many people against immigration. I guess it's ok as long as the immigrants are WASPs.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyfon
It's funny that a country founded entirely by immigrants can have so many people against immigration. I guess it's ok as long as the immigrants are WASPs.

Quite wrong there people like me are not against immigration what we are agiainst is rewarding people who BREAK THE LAW using the back door instead of the front door,.

Those people who don't give a ratts behind about their birth citizenship, and just toss it away like it was nothing

So should those people get citizenship or amnesty?

Nope the problem with this country is we already have too many people who think they are above the law, or the laws don't apply to them taking what they want, the complete lack of respect for authority.

Hell no America does not need more of that.
edit on 9-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

... you mean a country founded by LEGAL immigrants don't you ?

and I bet those 'WASPs' as you call them are (and were) LEGAL....right ?

It's funny how many people just assume.

It must be the numbing frostbite from global warming again

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I guess is ok for some, to keep burdening the nations tax payer with importation of poverty.

US was build as a nation of immigrants that work hard to make the nation prosperous, without receiving welfare.

So now what we got is importation of poverty that is eroding the nation, making life harder for the legal providers of tax revenue

Reagan amnesty is not even close to the amount that now will be given amnesty and the more that will be able to come into the country for more jobs, because let faced once the ones that are on under pay wages will want minimum wages or welfare, so that is why they will need more illegals to fill the jobs.

History doesn't lie Regan amnesty didn't do anything to make the nation better but increase welfare recipients.

Now what we got is millions that will be able to file for more welfare and ride the system like the ones already on it and doing a great job sucking up to the tax payers.

Welcome to the welfare nation of the US.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Founded by immigrants over 200 years ago. We now have millions of un-employed citizens struggling to feed their families, too many having to depend on welfare, too many falling through the cracks and living in tent cities. while illegals are working. Is this fair Is this right?
Is it fair that millions of illegals should get amnesty while millions have paid their dues and are still waiting in line while they go through the proper channels?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Just so that you know, Native Americans fought amongst themselves for food and land. I have some Native ancestory and our tribe was almost completely wiped out by another tribe. If early Americans didn't fight for this land,others would have. Today, we are a Nation of laws and have proper channels to go through to become a citizen. To be rewarded for breaking laws is ridiculous and amnesty of any kind will invite more illegals like it has in the past.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The better question, I think, would be, has he ever been in touch with reality in the first place? This man has NEVER cared about doing the job. All he cares about is changing this from a free nation to a totalitarian dictatorship, with him on the throne.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah well certain people like Obama, and his supporters NEED TO STOP acting like the only people who want to come to America are from Mexico time for a moratorium on South of the border.

Time to give other people from OTHER countries a shot at the 'American dream'.

I've been thinking the same thing. Years ago we had a good mix, people from everywhere. They came here legally and with great respect for our country, its' laws and its' language. Now, because of so many years of unchecked illegal immigration, we have to press 1 to hear own language for important phone calls, have to speak spanish in order to get a job that has nothing to do with international business, see spanish signs everwhere. They have come here illegally and have been catered to at every turn. I'll be damned if I'm going to be forced to speak a foreign language in my own country to get a job just because most of the employees speak it.

You come to another country, you don't expect and demand that the country change just for you! How very arrogant and rude when millions of immigrants before them have learned the language and respect and obey our laws. We don't need millions of people who are above the law, who get to pick and choose those laws, who get catered to at their every whim.

:applause:

second line

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Ah, see? The problem is that you believe the way he twists the terminology. Immigrants come legally, and follow the rules. Illegals are NOT immigrants. They are, from day one, lawbreakers, and deserve deportation.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Wow! To me, that sounds pretty delusional.

The only legacy Obama is creating for himself right now is one where Obamacare is placing Kelly Temporary Services as the second largest employer in America right behind Walmart.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yes, the republicans will not work with the democrats, this is true (and I'm well into the right side of the political spectrum). But there is a reason for that. The reason being it's their only decent option. With all of the MSM leaning left, compromise doesn't mean I take some, you take some; it means republicans fold and democrats win, but instead of winning by 50 points, they only win by 49.

On the immigration bill this is easily seen. The republican stance was no amnesty/citizenship, the democrat stance was yes, citizenship/amnesty. So the republicans compromised and said ok, amnesty/citizenship, but only if you secure the border first. Dems said ok, amnesty/citizenship for sure, and we'll secure the border after. Which of course will just be a repeat of the late 80's legislations where the border was to be secured after blanket amnesty, but just wasn't. Where is the compromise? Seems like the owner throwing the dog scraps to me.

So if the reps go along with it, they get nothing the people they represent wanted, which means come election time they'll be in hot water. If they refuse it, they at least save some face with their constituents.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Just so that you know, Native Americans fought amongst themselves for food and land. I have some Native ancestory and our tribe was almost completely wiped out by another tribe.

Just so you know...ALL nations of the world at the time fought amongst themselves...Inculding the American settlers and feudal England...and it continues in most regions of the world today. The inference that we saved the Native Americans from thier "primitive" ways is offensive, ignorant and ethnocentric.

If early Americans didn't fight for this land,others would have.

Geez...Dick Cheney would like your reasoning. A perfect Neocon view for world domination.

Today, we are a Nation of laws and have proper channels to go through to become a citizen.

The proper channels are broken, thus the need for immigration reform.

To be rewarded for breaking laws is ridiculous and amnesty of any kind will invite more illegals like it has in the past.

You are uneducated on the issue. The proposal oby the "Gang of 8" for a path to citizenship requires that those here illegally after exhaustive scrutiny and fines would go to the BACK of the line...behind those attempting to immigrate legally. Otherwise it removes all incentive for other immigrants to come illegally. It's a ONE TIME offer of a path to citizenship...anyone in the future would subject to immediate deportation and Pres. Obama has deported more illegals than either Bush or Clinton.

The term “amnesty” is a very loaded word; it implies the immediate granting of citizenship to illegal immigrants — an instantaneous pardon for their years of residence without paying taxes.

This is very different from the “pathway to citizenship” the Gang of Eight have proposed in their bill.

Within its proposed framework, the plan requires

“those who came or remained in the United States without our permission to register with the government” and to submit to a background check and to pay a fine and back taxes to settle their debt to society. This will give illegal immigrants “probationary legal status, which will allow them to live and work legally in the United States.”

Moreover, illegal immigrants with serious criminal backgrounds or who pose a threat to national security will not be able to attain this status, and are subject to deportation.

Those who do receive probationary legal status” will be required to go to the back of the line of prospective immigrants, pass an additional background check, pay taxes, learn English and civics, demonstrate a history of work in the United States, and current employment, among other requirements, in order to earn the opportunity to apply for lawful permanent residency.”

Upon the fulfillment of these requirements, these immigrants can get a green card.

www.policymic.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

from your link:

“those who came or remained in the United States without our permission to register with the government” and to submit to a background check and to pay a fine and back taxes to settle their debt to society. This will give illegal immigrants “probationary legal status, which will allow them to live and work legally in the United States.”

Now exactly how many 'illegals' who are ALREADY 'illegal' by the way, intend to pay a fine and back taxes

If they intended to get 'legal', they would have done so by now.

Obviously these 'illegals' have sufficient incomes (and even fake I.D.) to stay around without 'legal' status.

The entire immigration issue is in shambles.

"settle their debt to society" --- fat chance of that ever happening

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I honestly do not see the issue. Mr. Obama has been busting his rump to bring peace to this world and I think he's doing the best he can even though the Republicans are thwarting his attempts at every turn. Now he wants to campaign to let a group of people be allowed to live the American dream, because the legalization process is a long and hard road, and you all want to be selfish and say these people do not deserve a better life? Have you seen Mexico these days? I would be running for America, too. Obama has a plan to fix all this and if the Republicans would just let him do his job, this would not be such a big issue.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ElPolloPlomero

Many people are worried about this......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Obama and his sidekick Biden.
Obama does all of the talking Biden might as well not even exist, it's funny though to pick up on his expressions and hand movements during Obama's speeches. Ever notice how Biden gets all frigidity and moves around touches his face, scratches his head etc. Body expressions don't lie even Biden thinks Obama is full of sh!t. He's just to afraid to say it. A bunch of phony actors playing on our dime.
edit on 10-7-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join