It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama plans road trip to push immigration...has he taken leave of his senses?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Is our president ill in an outright clinical way? Has the man lost touch with reality as some in media and elsewhere have actually come to suggest in recent months? I'm starting to honestly wonder, myself. Stories like this don't help with a 'Safe and Sane' image. They remind me of a person who wants to play at the job and enjoy the Rock Star aspects of it while doing damn little actual work.

“Obama likely will travel in the coming months to some of the battleground states he won with the help of a robust Latino vote—possibly including Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and Florida—to argue the economic case for passing the immigration overhaul,” according to a July 7 report in the Wall Street Journal.

Has he looked at a map recently? Is he totally unaware of the fact that there are pressing, ongoing and fluid crisis happening in multiple locations which Presidents have traditionally paid more attention to than Road Trips, jaunts off to Africa and vacations several times a year...in between fund raisers and booster speeches?

Obama’s pending road-trip marks a reversal of his previously under-the-radar tactics, which helped push the far-reaching rewrite through the Senate. All 55 Democratic Senators supported the bill, as did 14 GOP Senators.
Source

I wonder, in all that Constitutional law he supposedly learned well enough to teach a course on himself for awhile when he was younger....did he ever notice the PUBLIC only votes on a national level once every two years? Only meaningfully and in more than 40% average numbers (historically) every 4 years.

The place he needs to work with people to find compromise and get things accomplished is back in Washington. Not screwing up traffic, people's lives and busting city budgets with more B.S. overtime and costs they cannot afford to pay because THEY don't print money like the Fed does.

It would be a VERY nice thing if he cared even HALF as much about pushing Congress to pass a United States Federal Budget (Still budget-less since 2009
), to actually try and get everyone in the public divided, pissed off and generally distracted enough to bug their Congressmen about it with a phone call (all any effort like this can really accomplish, in the end) but it would be BETTER if he just worked for a living and stopped the endless traveling to and fro, playing to crowds and basking in his own images of greatness every day, to do everything EXCEPT work with other politicians to GET THINGS DONE.

Right now Policy is simply peddled like a very high powered vacuum cleaner salesman. It's a shameful thing to see and disturbing with a world on the verge of major major turmoil.

Anyone else getting that feeling lately with stories like this?

*Perpetual Campaigning was a fairly new concept which Clinton first broached as a real thing to do. It's become the FULL TIME JOB of the President at this point. We need a leader, not a salesman. So does the world, for that matter. At least where the US plays it's part, it needs a strong leader here, IMO.

edit on 8-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I guess we need to start a "We don't like you" banner or something.

Lead from behind doesn't work too good when national politics trump actual function here does it?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Agreed. The only guy I've heard of that made a success of leading from behind shouted things like 'On Dancer, On Prancer' and sat in a sleigh while doing it.

Obama ain't no Santa Clause.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good Thread, Wrabbit. And the obvious topping..
I'll take the Blown Cheese dressing with the wilty Romaine and hope I can
get the iron back in it. This guy has always been so badly compromised
he couldn't pull off a dusty popcorn fart without an ok from all the handlers.

Only problem, he's been getting pulled in so many different directions it's
like being the lone server in a hundred stall truck stop. He's starting to look
kind of tired after almost six years of returning all these favors stumping too.

It's truly unfortunate for us all down on the ground here that the favors are
getting returned to the cronoids that wrote his bio, school records, resume
and speeches right before bankrolling/slingshottin' him.
For the latter (speeches) I've seen him without a teleprompter too. Nasty.

I can recall no Lame Duck during my lifetime that hung it out like him; but
now a road trip for stumping one of America's three hottest spuds???
Can it be the PTB are actually using this guy as a Guinea Putz for how much
exclusive, sole-purpose unrelated campaigning an incumbent President can
shoehorn in before some inevitable ScannerSplatter? "He's gonna blow..."
If I had his job lately I'd need to decompress more often than him AND Jonathan
Winters combined (I love him, dead or alive) in '59. 'Nother vacation please...drool'
Last Q:
Could I owe you a second star and put it on a bad thread? Like I'll live to see it...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It will be quite the show.

Most likely a mile long exhibit of power an protection for the man who believes he has the love of the people...

Let's not forget that it will likely cost 50 million for every mile to the tax payers.

Sweet!. :n:

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I'm not entirely sure why anyone wants his dumb ass back in Washington doing evil. Let the dumb son-of-a-***** stump, travel, and vacation for the rest of his miserable time in office. Nothing he does is of any help to any of us out here trying to stay sane and squeak by. If you ask me, it's pretty clear that it's absolutely integral to the bigger plan to keep us "divided, pissed off and generally distracted."

To hell with him. The less time he spends in Washington shredding the Constitution, the better off we all are....
edit on 7/9/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What he is pushing is amnesty and a reward for millions of lawbreakers. There are a lot of things in this immigration reform bill that many people are still unaware of. Many have made those clear in similar threads recently. By the time enough people find out, it could be too late. To place foreigner's interests before our own cirizens is unacceptable.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You keep using words and phrases like "Compromise" and "work together to get things done" I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

There is no compromise in Washington. The right isn't going to compromise about anything, they just deny deny deny. And work against this president and the American people.

By the way, where's the jobs these guys promised when they took over the house of representatives at anyway?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

The jobs? The illegals have them. If this bill passes, the amnestied former illegals will have them. You'll get what is left which will probably be part time so the company doesn't have to pay for your medical coverage.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Yeah he is something alrgiht:

"The White House, they had been so confident they were going to sign immigration reform this year, for the first time I'm hearing that there is some doubt seeping in, that they think maybe the House won't act. What they need is, they need something to sort of force Boehner like at the last minute bring it to the floor the same way the fiscal cliff deal happened. The problem is there is no trigger at the end of the year, there isn't the end of this Congress there isn't this. So I don't know how this happens at the end of this year and suddenly now the White House doesn't see a path," said Todd.

Delusional comes to mind

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

No one in their right mind would compromise with this current administration. 17 trillion dollar debt, all the scandals, and Obama care failing miserably So much so that they put off implantation of it until after the next elections. Because Obama knows it would spell doom for the dems and all that voted for this piece of crap legislation.

Even his loyal followers are starting to defect. People are starting to see Obama for who he is except you of coarse. Some things never change

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
As soon as I took a look at this thread's title, I was wondering "will there be substance to "taking leave of his senses?" or will it be another round of bashing with little more than "he should be doing SOMETHING about this economy!!"?...

Well, here we are. Right in basho-country.

People, please: maybe your president is really trying to do something about that #ty economy - we had news about a free-trading-agreement between the EU and USA. Which will take only 2 more years, as members of the committees told happily to the journalists..

Fact is (in my opinion) that the POTUS is nearly as powerless like you and me, when it comes to economy!
The banking sector has clinched it's fist around every reachable dollar, and will never-ever let go of it - just as it is wanted by CEOs, shareholders and other people who benefit from companies which accumulate large heaps of money.

You are fantasizing about an all-powerful president, who only has to bark the words "GIVE MONEY/JOBS TO THE PEOPLE!!" into his telephone to have his wishes fulfilled.

Reality (turbo capitalism and neo-con liberalism as a mix) laughs about this picture..

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Obama plans road trip to push immigration...has he taken leave of his senses?

Maybe someone should start a White House petition to see that Mr. Obama has a thorough psychiatric examination...

... jussa thought.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Wrabbit Good Post! Thanx for the Share. This Guy, Obumma, is such a Patsy. The String Pullers are doin their best to Frack this dude up! Does anyone know if Bumma has been taking his Gay partner along on these trips? Some 'dude' who does hollywood movies and all has been seen groping and hugging leader of our Incorperated Country( yes there are pix)...... This has got to STOP! I mean WTF?!?!? Later, Syx.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Hey, if You know how to get somethin' goin on that, I'll help! Later, Syx

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Wrabbit you are assuming that he had any sense to start with! The voters got what they "paid" for- a glorified head cheerleader whose goal was to make with the good PR, and he is failing miserably with even that! He is essentially just a puppet that does what the corporate heads that financed his campaigns tell him to do. He was a community organizer for goodness sakes! How did anyone imagine that his resume qualified him for the job of POTUS? He is little more than the Mortimer Snerd of the political world, and honestly sometimes I pity the man as I'm sure he had absolutely no idea what he was getting himself into- who knowingly wants the job of a ventriloquist's dummy?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Despite all the rumblings inside the beltway due to Benghazi, F&F, Snowden and a few other scandals the immigration bill is the proverbial spike in the heart of America. It will lead to massive dislocation of American workers due to unemployment and change the demographic of our Nation with the stroke of a pen.

This is big one the globalists behind Obama really want and nothing else will do. Thus the road trip to try and convince the US to commit mass suicide by pouring another 20 -30 million dirt poor immigrants across the border. With the uniting families provision in the bill this is exactly what we will get.

Initially it will boost the Social security fund by having more pay in and housing starts should rise as well. After that the real costs in government assistance, education and medical care will skyrocket. To me this reeks of divisive politics, pitting racial and economic groups against each other for the benefit of the elites. Maybe they are trying to invoke riots and civil unrest - something I find quite likely should millions of Americans find themselves suddenly without work or a future.

I know for sure it ISN'T about helping poor immigrants or your average American.
edit on 9-7-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Well of course he can leave Washington!

With the economy doing so gre-. . . . oh wait.

Well, with unemployment dow-. . . huh?

I mean, with nothing going on oversea-. . . oh c'mon now!

Obama is running from his responsibilities as fast as a Dick Cheney hunting partner!

(actual photo of Obama running from his duties as POTUS)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Is our president ill in an outright clinical way? Has the man lost touch with reality as some in media and elsewhere have actually come to suggest in recent months? I'm starting to honestly wonder, myself. Stories like this don't help with a 'Safe and Sane' image. They remind me of a person who wants to play at the job and enjoy the Rock Star aspects of it while doing damn little actual work.

“Obama likely will travel in the coming months to some of the battleground states he won with the help of a robust Latino vote—possibly including Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and Florida—to argue the economic case for passing the immigration overhaul,” according to a July 7 report in the Wall Street Journal.

Has he looked at a map recently? Is he totally unaware of the fact that there are pressing, ongoing and fluid crisis happening in multiple locations which Presidents have traditionally paid more attention to than Road Trips, jaunts off to Africa and vacations several times a year...in between fund raisers and booster speeches?

Obama’s pending road-trip marks a reversal of his previously under-the-radar tactics, which helped push the far-reaching rewrite through the Senate. All 55 Democratic Senators supported the bill, as did 14 GOP Senators.
Source

I wonder, in all that Constitutional law he supposedly learned well enough to teach a course on himself for awhile when he was younger....did he ever notice the PUBLIC only votes on a national level once every two years? Only meaningfully and in more than 40% average numbers (historically) every 4 years.

The place he needs to work with people to find compromise and get things accomplished is back in Washington. Not screwing up traffic, people's lives and busting city budgets with more B.S. overtime and costs they cannot afford to pay because THEY don't print money like the Fed does.

It would be a VERY nice thing if he cared even HALF as much about pushing Congress to pass a United States Federal Budget (Still budget-less since 2009
), to actually try and get everyone in the public divided, pissed off and generally distracted enough to bug their Congressmen about it with a phone call (all any effort like this can really accomplish, in the end) but it would be BETTER if he just worked for a living and stopped the endless traveling to and fro, playing to crowds and basking in his own images of greatness every day, to do everything EXCEPT work with other politicians to GET THINGS DONE.

Right now Policy is simply peddled like a very high powered vacuum cleaner salesman. It's a shameful thing to see and disturbing with a world on the verge of major major turmoil.

Anyone else getting that feeling lately with stories like this?

*Perpetual Campaigning was a fairly new concept which Clinton first broached as a real thing to do. It's become the FULL TIME JOB of the President at this point. We need a leader, not a salesman. So does the world, for that matter. At least where the US plays it's part, it needs a strong leader here, IMO.

edit on 8-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Well said and I agree with you. Ireland is now in ruins due to his visit as the tax payers now still paying off his debt with his armada. Also take a look at Blair he has blood on his hands and he is in charge of peace talks now how f***ed up is that. I bet the interview went like this:

EU interviewer: So Tony you have killed millions of people in the name of terrorism and you have stripped away their freedoms. Why should we employ you for the role?

Tony: Well Mr EU Interviewer, I have damaged these countries by war and famine and greed and terrorism. I'd like to start more wars under the guise of peace talks. I would like to finish what Bush and I started. My agenda is to dominate the world and no one can stop me hahahahah.

EU Interviewer: We have taken your comments on board and congratulation's Tony your now the adviser for the EU. Remember that we want a new world order and we must get rid of all countries that oppose our plans.

Tony: No problem I'll get Obama and Cameron to start more wars.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Just my guess..but I think...

Immigration reform has split the GOP between regular GOP and far-right who oppose immigration reform. Boehner is having huge problems convincing the far right in Congress to do ANYTHING...they are fixed in an intolerant, obstructionist mindset.

So Congress will not get anything done...and the premise that Pres. Obama can somehow sway the far right in Congress to do anything is not a sane premise.

So going to the public on the Immigration issue...highlighting that Congress has stalled and refuses to do anything serves a couple of purposes.

(A) Best case scenario it brings attention to the obstructionists and helps the Dems. and Moderate GOP pass immigration reform.

(B) If (A) fails...it locks in and mobilizes the American Hispanic vote and drives them to the polls for Congressional elections next year...and maybe change the make-up of the GOP majority, ousting some of the far right obstructionists or possibly even giving the Dems a majority in the House.

Either way is a win...and amongst those that support Immigration reform include any GOP with a brain and all of the Dems, and businesses...those that oppose are the TP.

Worst case outcome of a roadtrip....fewer TP in Congress, more moderate GOP for the majority.

Best case scenario (for the Pres.)...A Dem Majority or Immigration Reform actually passing.

AND...this was a leaked story about a potential roadtrip. Leaked by the WSJ...my guess is that it is more a threat than reality right now. Threatening the TP in Congress to compromise or he will take it to thier home states.

Either way...not seeing the "leave of his senses" in the threat?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join