It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terror Ties That Bind Us to War! Updated Info

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DASUSARMY
I was a little depressed when I realized that this country might elect Kerry. I mean seriously... I know theives with more honor than this guy. I was delightfully supprised when Bush won, it gave me more faith in this country... Were still going to hell in a hand basket, but that trip has been delayed...

These amoral radicals are trying to hi-jack our country and we just decided that thats not going to happen... Thank God for that... Seriously..

Hi-jack our country?
Are you ignorant what country we don't run sh*T the President does and when he sends your friend and love ones to war for his country not your to die, what are you gonna do,really?

It's his fathers fault and his fault we're in war .
its his fault that they knock down the towers.

as you see he's a greedy f*ck and the bastards wanted to hit him in the pocket, I hate them people( The terrorist) but this war isnt an American war its a WAR of the BUSH's

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well I don't really care if I don't represent myself in the manner you wish, but the fact remains that the base mentallity is that they want a gobal ismaic state. If you don't agree thats fine, you just happen to be wrong.

and for the "Then get the fuk out".
Thats exactly how I feel, if I hated this country I'd move out, why stand around bitching about it? Seriousy... I'm not going to do hand-holding and use euphamisims with these people.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Well I don't really care if I don't represent myself in the manner you wish, but the fact remains that the base mentallity...

Again, DASUSARMY. Refrain from fuzzy reasoning and concentrate on the actual issues. If you can't do so, you're not presenting a valid argument which quite frankly makes this discussion quite pointless.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Durden]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Well I don't really care if I don't represent myself in the manner you wish, but the fact remains that the base mentallity is that they want a gobal ismaic state. If you don't agree thats fine, you just happen to be wrong.

and for the "Then get the fuk out".
Thats exactly how I feel, if I hated this country I'd move out, why stand around bitching about it? Seriousy... I'm not going to do hand-holding and use euphamisims with these people.

Keep in mind, we are in the minority here, these poeple can think of no just war. It is all about oil and I have proven that wrong with simple math already....

link   
Let me say this Durdem, you are not a soldier, you are never have nor will be faced with killing and thats fine, so we take out profession very seriously and examine the ethics and morallity of the situation constantly. But there are just and unjust wars. Yes the fact remains that the intel on the WMD's was VERY flawed... But its not like it was just us either, everyone thought the same thing and Saddam played chicken with the wrong president pretty much. But we freed 24.6million people from a regime that killed hundreds of thousands of people, and from a soldiers perspective thats a JUST war in any case. Whether or not a claim from the persident was true does not have anything to do with philosophical correctness of a situation.

link   
Get out from my country? What is that suppose to mean, it's not yours also...

Are you gonna also elect a foreigner as a president?
You have been brainwashed by the anti-crist himself Bush is using religion to better his image and it seems you are Idolizing this man...

You have no faith?

You are a lost cause, buddy

[edit on 21-11-2004 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
DSUARMY Cowboy guy says:
If you don't agree thats fine, you just happen to be wrong.
and for the "Then get the (fuk) out".
Thats exactly how I feel, if I hated this country I'd move out,

Warning on use of language and trying to circumvent filter

I always wanted to say that...lol

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Yeah...they want a global Islamic state...that's the reason for this. America has never done anything to piss off these people...we are totally innocent always minding our own business. *sarcasm off* Please remove your head out from George Bush's as$ and try and put the pieces together before you spew out any more ridiculous propaganda BS. This country has heard enough...

[edit on 11/21/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm not here to present a professional intelligence analsys to uneducated sheep. I'm here just to shed a little light on a shady topic. You civilians don't have a clue how messed up this world is and how in danger you truely are. You don't find the truth by going to untruthful civilian sources...
And those who think that this is an evil country have obviously never been to Africa or some places in Asia... I have seen the evils people are capable, some of you people truely have no clue... Personally I'm puking my guys out today and I'm not in the mood to pussy-foot around misinformed children with little to no real world experiance, expecially when it comes to military and or political issues... As for the "get out" yeah its pretty obvious. The guy with his location as "The mid-west of babylon (USA)" Well if your living in such a corrupt and evil place why stay? I sure as hell would't... And Durden.... Don't try to take the high and mighty road of facts and logical arguments... Its one opinion versus another (as you seem to think), so sources won't make any differance. But in reality it isn't one opinion versus another, its one truth against many lies.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ok lecky, what did we do to them? Seriously... I'm sure we did something to everyone at some point, but what are these incidents you are talking about?

As for the cowboy comment, I'm from Northern California.

And for the other comments.. I'm not even going to get into some jeuvenille argument with kids with no experiance...

[edit on 21-11-2004 by DASUSARMY]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
People,,,these folks just want to hear one thing and one thing only from you. Some go*^(^dam98n common courtesy and respect, they earned it as Col Jessup Jack Nicolson from "A Few Good men" said!!!!!

Just say yessir and ask him nicely. he will go away.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Let me say this Durdem, you are not a soldier, you are never have nor will be faced with killing and thats fine, so we take out profession very seriously and examine the ethics and morallity of the situation constantly.

You do realize that this discussion has nothing to do with the ethics of a soldier. This is about the ethics of an administration acting the aggressor and attacking another nation based on unsubstantiated information. If you don't realize the problem with this, then you really need to sit back and think about this before writing your next post.

But there are just and unjust wars. Yes the fact remains that the intel on the WMD's was VERY flawed...

Yes, that fact remains; doesn't it?
You also should be aware that the Bush Administration was very much aware that the current line of reasoning absolutely wouldn't suffice to gain support at the time of the invasion. Which was why we had to believe in there being 'overwhelming' evidence of the alleged collaboration between Saddam and al-Qaeda as well as Iraq harboring 'stockpiles' of WMD's which would be why Iraq posed an 'imminent threat' to the US and the rest of the free world.

Whether or not a claim from the persident was true does not have anything to do with philosophical correctness of a situation.

This is about factual correctness which clearly hasn't been utilized much by the current Administration of the US.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't think America is evil, but we sure aren't innocent!

I like living here thank you very much, and I want to be proud of my country. I refuse to ignore any wrong doings that our leaders do onto others in ALL OF OUR NAMES.

I don't support the war in Iraq, I know this really makes some of you people out there really angry, but guess what, I don't give a $hit. When Bush is successful in finding those WMD's or Saddam's tie to 911 it will be different. I take war very seriously...and so should the rest of YOU! You better have your story straight and a plan before you start declaring war.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I agree we wouldn't have gone in just for the people. But Bush didn't fabricate the overwheling intel that did exist, which was flawed. Before Gen Franks finally went into Iraq various Arab countries warned him that Saddam WOULD use WMD's. Now we now know that he probably didn't have them, we also think they may be in syria. But the fact remains by what we did for those people constitutes it as a "Just" war. And as the whole "ethics of a soldier" peice.. What can I say.. I was trying to make the point of how little this effects you and how much more seriously we take the question of just and unjust more than you ever will. I'm feeling sick so I'm going to bed, if you come up with some other witty retort feel free to post it.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Lecky, thats funny you telling me that YOU take war very seriously.. hahaha, when the bullets start flying over your head or your buddy gets his head taken off by a sniper, then you can get back to me about how "seriously" you take war.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Ok lecky, what did we do to them? Seriously... I'm sure we did something to everyone at some point, but what are these incidents you are talking about?

Because we support Israeli terrorists?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
They dont understand war and especially not in these times. the circumstances put us in this war, we did not declare it, it was declared against us, and even our own people make us out to be evil while troops fight to keep them safe. Ironic huh?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I agree we wouldn't have gone in just for the people. But Bush didn't fabricate the overwheling intel that did exist, which was flawed.

Which is why the Bush Admin had to shift the focus from the 'imminent threat' towards the free world, to 'liberating' the people of Iraq. That quite an amazing logical leap, if you ask me. And again, if you can't see the problem with such reasoning, I think it's time you sit back and really think about this for a while.

But the fact remains by what we did for those people constitutes it as a "Just" war.

Well actually that's not a fact; that's your opinion, DASUSARMY. One that's an opinion I suppose you're going to have to stick to if you want to find yourself a manner in which to justify this war. The fact remains though, that the Bush Admin was well aware that this line of reasoning would not suffice to gain support for the invasion of Iraq.

if you come up with some other witty retort feel free to post it.

'Witty retort'? Is that how you read my replies? I'm sorry, but if I were you I'd take my time and at least try and comprehend what is actually said if there's going to be a point of us discussing this issue.

And as for this comment:

And Durden.... Don't try to take the high and mighty road of facts and logical arguments... Its one opinion versus another (as you seem to think), so sources won't make any differance.

I don't know where you got the impression of me thinking this was merely about one opinion against another. Because that's quite frankly false. If you're really interested in my argument on this issue; read through my posts in this very thread.

But in reality it isn't one opinion versus another, its one truth against many lies.

Now isn't that interesting; this, we actually agree on.

And again, the purpose of the Intelligence Community (IC) absolutely isn't to shape intelligence in the attempt to find support of administration policy.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Durden]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Lecky, thats funny you telling me that YOU take war very seriously.. hahaha, when the bullets start flying over your head or your buddy gets his head taken off by a sniper, then you can get back to me about how "seriously" you take war.

Are you saying that if we didn't go into war with Iraq there would be bullets flying over my head soon?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join