It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe we can avoid World War III

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
My mom was a combat nurse and my dad was a fighter pilot. All my brothers ended up in Viet Nam and my kid did three tours in Iraq. I did my grad studies in military history and frankly, I have so been brought up in war - I don’t remember a time when it was not part of my life. I even wrote two books on war.

So I think I can say this with true objectivity - want to meet a real liberal - combat vets truly understand we should not be going to war - they are the true liberals. They paid the price for that conviction, too.

We may be going to a real war next year, that is my prediction, and I want the reactionary right far removed from that decision. Because that war coming is going to cost buckets of blood. If it has to happen I want a liberal making that call - which I hope Obama is.

That is the main reason I voted for him - that I think he is smart enough to make that call.

Everything else - the propaganda - is just BS. Maybe if we are smart enough we can avoid this - though I would not be counting on that.

Joe

edit on 8-7-2013 by JoeP2247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
lmao you voted for obama

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by qwerty12345

You bet I did.
Joe

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeP2247

Obama has increased drone use.

Obama attacked Libya.

Obama is siding with the Syrian rebels.

I'd say that if we wanted true peace, we'd have a combat vet as president. Not someone who views war through briefings or television shows. Someone who knows how disgusting and dirty and vile war really is.

Obama? He's never gotten his hands dirty.

He's never had to go weeks without bathing.

He's never had to walk a mile in a combat vet shoes.

So he doesn't know what war looks like, tastes like, feeling like.

2 cents

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My kid - literally - watched his friend get vaporized in front of him with a 250 pound explosive. What do you think might happen to our kids in Syria, Egypt or Lybia. We did not send our kids there, did we??

Well maybe the next conflict we do - to me Obama has made some pretty good calls in restraint, unlike his predecessor.

Joe

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I'm afraid you may be right about next year and you may be bitterly disappointed by how Obama handles it.

I'd be careful on the right/left and liberal/conservative labels on War though. LBJ was hardly a right wing extremist and he was basically the architect for Vietnam, following Kennedy. I'm very hard right, politically speaking, but I'm so sick of war, I'd stop it myself if an option existed.. At this rate, we'll have TWO full decades of war before this is done and that will be the single longest stretch in our national history for years of ongoing and continuous war.

Enough Enough...but I'm not sure Obama will be 'the man with a plan'.

I will say I tip my hat in respect tho. Disagreement doesn't mean lack of respect for having one of the best considered and logical reasons I've heard for Obama in the past election. At least you had defensible reasoning for your vote. So few had more than "Cause he's not Romney! ha ha"

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't think we can avoid war. There is always some sort of greed involved in any war and we just can't seem to get leaders that aren't greedy. As a kid I used to look at people in Congress and think they were all great people, but now I see they are a money hungry and couldn't careless.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqadux

But what if we really try - still think we cannot? And if we can't - at least we tried.

Joe

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Politics start the war and when politics FIGHT IT it becomes a huge failure. Obama can't run much of anything as he apparently is only a politician.
Your looser president is pushing us to the brink of civil war as you cheer him on. He is in favor of your daughter fighting too.
He probably will be impeached before the next war or worse if he continues.
Do you find my statements rediculous?You should talk to more vets about how THEY feel about him WE liked Ron Paul who was probably the ONLY guy who could do what you say.
Obama is more of a war monger and he WANTS to get into Syria NOW. He is currently occupied with screwing up foreign policy on Egypt by trying to lock step to a democratic party line rather that the Egyptian people.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

It is exactly where Ron Paul fails to get it. War IS politics, just by extraordinary means.

War is simply imposing your political wish on another by force.

War is politics.

AND that we have congressmen that fail to understand that elementary principal scares me.

Joe

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You go ahead, I don't have the language to translate a response.

new topics

top topics

join