It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Congress delaying U.S. aid to Syrian rebels - sources

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

You've got to love it.

"Often it is the most deserving people who cannot help loving those who destroy them."
Hermann Hesse

edit on 9-7-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Yikes.

You say Christians are misled sheep and yet you claim to be one? I just can't think of anything to say to that. Actually that whole post has left me pretty much speechless.

Have you ever read the Qur'an? Its pretty doubtful that anyone in congress has read it, they don't even read the bills they vote on.

I simply remove the official church from the equation that covertly worships satan. God and christ do not demand sacrfice, they simply ask for love and kindess. What the church promotes, especially roman catholicism, and what the 12 apostles and christ proposed are very different imo.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Theology is a really deep subject and the two of us cannot possibly do it justice. I think we are doing it injustice with these brief posts that barely skim the surface of this topic. But you have to ask yourself what are god, satan, angels, demons, ghosts, etc. Are they superstitions, are they aliens, or something else.

I also kind of feel bad for the OP for derailing his thread. I guess we got carried away a bit!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by frazzle

Yikes.

You say Christians are misled sheep and yet you claim to be one? I just can't think of anything to say to that. Actually that whole post has left me pretty much speechless.

Have you ever read the Qur'an? Its pretty doubtful that anyone in congress has read it, they don't even read the bills they vote on.

I simply remove the official church from the equation that covertly worships satan. God and christ do not demand sacrfice, they simply ask for love and kindess. What the church promotes, especially roman catholicism, and what the 12 apostles and christ proposed are very different imo.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Theology is a really deep subject and the two of us cannot possibly do it justice. I think we are doing it injustice with these brief posts that barely skim the surface of this topic. But you have to ask yourself what are god, satan, angels, demons, ghosts, etc. Are they superstitions, are they aliens, or something else.

I also kind of feel bad for the OP for derailing his thread. I guess we got carried away a bit!

I agree that we go carried away from the purpose of the thread and I apologize to the OP as well and this will be it for me being off topic. But I do agree with you on the difference between the teachings of Jesus and the twisted mess the organized churches have made of those teachings.

You didn't say whether or not you've read the Qur'an. I'd recommend it to anyone who has any interest in what's going on over there because its as ~ no, its more ~ important to understanding them as the bible is to understanding Christianity.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join