It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Congress delaying U.S. aid to Syrian rebels - sources

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by neo96

I was saying the number might be speculation, or at least it seemed that way to me. I am with you on this one though Neo... I wouldn't put it past Iran.

Speculation as opposed to the ACTUAL number which, by how high it's climbed since 2011, could be off and by a lot.

I'll admit though I have fallen out of a the loop as of late with Syria...

Yeah numbers will be a problem, not too much has changed with Syria though.

The people are caught between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The muslim brotherhood IS the political arm of alqueda.

Don't delay the arms shipment uncle sam, REFUSE to give it to muslim brotherhood.

Although they already have given arms via turkey and saudia arabia.

Why the hell are we giving weapons to the people who supposedly brought down the twin towers and attacked the pentagon?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Good points.

Obama prolly can't even tell the difference between them anymore...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Wouldn't be without the AID of Russia,China, and Iran

Wheres the denunciation from ALL those who are tired of US involvement in the ME?

::crickets::

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

For one minute lets not even try to figure out which side they are helping...lets ask why they aren't helping us. What kills me the most in all of this, is that we are sending them money at all.

We have government employees that are being furloughed but we have money to send to others? I give to charities often, but only after I pay my bills first. As soon as we started cutting budgets shouldn't aid to other countries be the first place?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The muslim brotherhood IS the political arm of alqueda.

Don't delay the arms shipment uncle sam, REFUSE to give it to muslim brotherhood.

Although they already have given arms via turkey and saudia arabia.

Why the hell are we giving weapons to the people who supposedly brought down the twin towers and attacked the pentagon?

Where does US foreign aid to Egypt go?

The US spends $1.3bn on military aid to Egypt each year, and a further $250m in economic assistance – a factor which the administration hopes may act as a check on military leaders and encourage them to return power swiftly to an elected government.
www.guardian.co.uk...

So, 1.3 billion goes to the Egyptian military. You know, the folks who ousted the MB backed government. How is American aid to the army helping the Muslim Brotherhood if the military is using bullets we send to them to shoot (51 of them just today) the MB? I'm scratching my head over that one.

I'm beginning to think the whole "Obama is Muslim and supports the MB" is a total psyop. Projection. Sure wouldn't be the first one the anti Muslim war hawks have pulled off on us.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Wouldn't be without the AID of Russia,China, and Iran

Wheres the denunciation from ALL those who are tired of US involvement in the ME?

::crickets::

The radical muslims helped by NATO are installing non-secular governments and persecuting religious minorities. Is that what you want? Why would you have a problem with russia, china and iran trying to keep the middle east secular??

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Everything in the Middle-east is based on religion... I know everyone says that the Islamic religion is about peace and all, but to me it seems like a lot more unpeaceful things going on.

(Not trying to be racist or anything like that just stating a observation)

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Where does US foreign aid to Egypt go?

The US spends $1.3bn on military aid to Egypt each year, and a further $250m in economic assistance – a factor which the administration hopes may act as a check on military leaders and encourage them to return power swiftly to an elected government.
www.guardian.co.uk...

So, 1.3 billion goes to the Egyptian military. You know, the folks who ousted the MB backed government. How is American aid to the army helping the Muslim Brotherhood if the military is using bullets we send to them to shoot (51 of them just today) the MB? I'm scratching my head over that one.

I'm beginning to think the whole "Obama is Muslim and supports the MB" is a total psyop. Projection. Sure wouldn't be the first one the anti Muslim war hawks have pulled off on us.

Sure they send money to the egyptian government thinking that MB will stay as government for a long time. Most of the money goes to their military. It just happened that MB was overthrown by a majority will of the people and the army supported it.

I honestly don't see a conspiracy of the sort you are mentioning!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Everything in the Middle-east is based on religion... I know everyone says that the Islamic religion is about peace and all, but to me it seems like a lot more unpeaceful things going on.

(Not trying to be racist or anything like that just stating a observation)

-SAP-

Yes religion is very important there but it does not mean we should have 15 saudi arabias and irans. Christianity is important to christians but at least we keep religion and politics seperate. Thats the way it should be.

If the majority really do want islamic fundamentalism then let them have it. However I am convinced arab spring was more phoney than santa claus and the easter bunny combined. Of course I could be wrong, anything is possible.
edit on 8/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
but at least we keep religion and politics seperate.

Maybe that's what they want you to think.

I have my own theories on religion and government, but that's for a different thread and a different time.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Sure they send money to the egyptian government thinking that MB will stay as government for a long time. Most of the money goes to their military. It just happened that MB was overthrown by a majority will of the people and the army supported it.

I honestly don't see a conspiracy of the sort you are mentioning!

Well if there was a conspiracy you can bet they wouldn't be advertising it.

$250 million for the whole country is peanuts compared to what's given to the military. Naturally the army isn't going to do anything to threaten their income so they knew in advance that the US wouldn't challenge them.

But okay, so Morsi was elected president (by a small majority) and certainly there were people who didn't like him, but what all of a sudden caused millions of people to spill into the streets to demand his removal? What was the catalyst? Remember, the population of Egypt is almost evenly split between MB and the opposition and from what I've heard the protest wasn't a majority at all ~ just the majority in the major population centers.

Edit to add ~ and I'm sure you do remember how the media reported the occupy protests. A couple thousand people became a few hundred dirty hippies, IF they were mentioned at all. Numbers can be and are often reversed. Why do you believe them now?

edit on 8-7-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The U.S. also armed, aided, trained, and financed Bin Laden.

How did that turn out for 'Murica ????

Never learn, same cycles infinitely repeated.

I honestly can't believe I live in a world like this

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

it does not mean we should have 15 saudi arabias and irans.

Again I have to challenge you. WE should have? WE should not have any say in what THEY choose to be. WE have more than enough to worry about within our own borders.

Sorry, guess I'm in an argumentative mood tonight.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

The U.S. also armed, aided, trained, and financed Bin Laden.

America?

Some financing for al-Qaeda in the 1990s came from the personal wealth of Osama bin Laden.[62] By 2001 Afghanistan had become politically complex and mired. With many financial sources for al-Qaeda, Bin Laden's financing role may have become comparatively minor. Sources in 2001 could also have included Jamaa Al-Islamiyya and Islamic Jihad, both associated with Afghan-based Egyptians.[63] Other sources of income in 2001 included the heroin trade and donations from supporters in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries.[62] A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[64]

en.wikipedia.org...

One of those sources?

Was Pakistan, and it's ISI.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[64]

en.wikipedia.org...

No big surprise there. One, if not the biggest, oil families in the world. They got extra money to throw around. Make Americans pay $3.00+/gal x 300 mil Americans (give or take based on factors) and take a portion that money and throw it at Al-Quida.

Win win situation there for them. Just my opinion.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Wanna knows who benefits the most when there is instability in the middle east?

That drives up oil prices even further?

Saudi Arabia who sits on the largest ME oil reserves.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

In a 2004 BBC article entitled "Al-Qaeda's origins and links", the BBC wrote:

During the anti-Soviet jihad Bin Laden and his fighters received American and Saudi funding. Some analysts believe Bin Laden himself had security training from the CIA.[1]

Robin Cook, Foreign Secretary in the UK from 1997–2001, and Leader of the House of Commons and Lord President of the Council from 2001–2003, believed the CIA had provided arms to the Arab Mujahideen, including Osama bin Laden, writing, "Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan."[2]

Source - Wiki - CIA Funded al-Qaeda Controversy

The crap runs so deep once you start digging, you'd literally need to hire a team of deep sea divers to get to the bottom of it all ......and it stinks of corruption to high hell and back.

I think the alphabets have gone rouge looooong time ago. They are the one's running the show and which ever new face gets picked as POTUS, gets the sit down talk, letting him know he's just a puppet on strings. An actor.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

There is NO Controversey PERIOD.

Al Queda did NOT exist until the Soviets withdrew from Afghanistan says so there in the first article.

The CIA/Charlie Wislon armed and trained the mujahideen BIG DIFFERENCE.

at some point between August 1988[20] and late 1989

More:

. The insurgents received military training in neighboring Pakistan and China, as well as[8] billions of dollars from the United States, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, and other countries.[

en.wikipedia.org...

ANYONE trying to lay that ALL on the Us is straight up pushing intellectual dishonesty.

The US had a part BUT THEY WERE NOT THE ONLY ONES.

In FACT

The same players in Afghanistan in the 80s are the same players who are currently in Syria.

Tired of the same crap getting pushed thread after thread day after day on here.
edit on 8-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The CIA/Charlie Wislon armed and trained the mujahideen BIG DIFFERENCE.

there's a thine line between mujahideen, al-qaeda, or the next/newest of evolution of fundie-terrorists.....

I'll bet money, that there are quite a few that are part of all those groups

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join