Exclusive: Congress delaying U.S. aid to Syrian rebels - sources

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Exclusive: Congress delaying U.S. aid to Syrian rebels - sources

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Congressional committees are holding up a plan to send U.S. weapons to rebels fighting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad because of fears that such deliveries will not be decisive and the arms might end up in the hands of Islamist militants, five U.S. national security sources said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Maybe congressman do have a soul after all ok not really, we should not be arming Syrian rebels in the first place.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the charlie foxtrot of the Morsi aid in Egypt, and Egypt is also aiding the FSA rebels.

Point blank there should no aid going to the FSA.honestly what the hell is the administration thinking aid the same kind of people who just got thrown out of power in Egypt?

Pay attention to that article especially 'technically speaking the administration does not need specific congressional approval'.

What the hell?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Someone remind me where the line between terrorist and freedom fighter is again?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Assad is holding his own and gaining ground against everything the US, Inc. has thrown at him over the past two years. He said something the other day about the west sending all the radicalized jihadists to Syria to "be gotten rid of". (paraphrasing)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I agree, we should not be funding them.

When our gov funds terrorism and we pay taxes, aren't we guilty of the same? You have to pay your taxes though otherwise that's a crime.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just like Libya I'm sure that those weapons are going to end up in the wrong hands... I mean isn't "Al-Quida" and the "Syrian rebels" the same group...?

It's like a broken record. Rinse and repeat...

-SAP-
edit on 8-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Assad is holding his own and gaining ground against everything the US

Not really

"It's not that bad to have behind you the Russians, the Chinese and Iranians," Qadri Jamil, Syria's deputy prime minister for economic affairs, told The Financial Times. "Those three countries are helping us politically, militarily -- and also economically." Read more: www.upi.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Spea king of Libya

Honestly, after Congress rolled over for O when he violated the War Powers Act to intervene in Libya, I didn’t think they had this in ‘em.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Classic. Well that's a better sign than what I think was happening... At least there's a break, but the damage is already done in Syria. 70,000+ killed or wounded...

Committee members also want to hear more about the administration’s overall Syria policy, and about how it believes its arms plan will affect the situation on the ground, where Assad’s forces have made recent gains…

Obama's policy... "Money and weapons and turn the cheek"

-SAP-
edit on 8-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i'm sure they said this on newspapers/media outlets, but the truth is they're arming everybody out there hide yo kids

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

From what I have seen is it's near 100,000

Syria death toll

www.aljazeera.com...

Contrast to the Iraq war:

www.iraqbodycount.org...

Few thousand difference.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
McCain's grip is weakening....

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by frazzle

Assad is holding his own and gaining ground against everything the US

Not really

"It's not that bad to have behind you the Russians, the Chinese and Iranians," Qadri Jamil, Syria's deputy prime minister for economic affairs, told The Financial Times. "Those three countries are helping us politically, militarily -- and also economically." Read more: www.upi.com...

Two years and he's still there.

As far as I know, the only Russians actually fighting in Syria are Chechen rebels fighting WITH al CIAda and we most likely pay their blood money, too. I don't think the Chinese or Iranians are physically taking any bullets for Assad either.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Wouldn't be without the AID of Russia,China, and Iran

As far as I know, the only Russians actually fighting in Syria are Chechen rebels fighting WITH al CIAda and we most likely pay their blood money, too.

Which also means the FSB,MSS, and MOIS.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Your right Iran isn't (yet), but Palestine supposedly is...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I think the Palestinians killed have been refugees, not fighters.

And I think the count may be way off on that chart. When they say ninety thousand to a hundred thousand dead, we can't know if they're counting the rebels, civilians, Assad forces, or if its the grand total. Maybe if they could break it down it'd make more sense, although I'm sure that would be impossible to do in the middle of such chaos.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I agree with that. However it stated on the wiki, if I recall correctly, that some are refugees, some are "rebels", and some are Syrian military. However they don't give a percent or number to back that so it's all speculation at this point.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by frazzle

I agree with that. However it stated on the wiki, if I recall correctly, that some are refugees, some are "rebels", and some are Syrian military. However they don't give a percent or number to back that so it's all speculation at this point.

-SAP-

Speculation?

www.aawsat.net...

articles.washingtonpost.com...

www.reuters.com...

Prretty much a fact Iran is just using cannon fodder at the moment as a means to an end.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I was saying the number might be speculation, or at least it seemed that way to me. I am with you on this one though Neo... I wouldn't put it past Iran.

Speculation as opposed to the ACTUAL number which, by how high it's climbed since 2011, could be off and by a lot.

I'll admit though I have fallen out of a the loop as of late with Syria...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by frazzle

Wouldn't be without the AID of Russia,China, and Iran

As far as I know, the only Russians actually fighting in Syria are Chechen rebels fighting WITH al CIAda and we most likely pay their blood money, too.

Which also means the FSB,MSS, and MOIS.

It doesn't mean anything. And that isn't the point, he's still there and Uncle Sam is coming up with as much of an empty hand in Syria as he has in Afghanistan or Iraq or Libya or Egypt. Our favorite uncle spent a lot of money that we needed right here at home and he managed to kill Saddam and Bin Laden along with a whole bunch of our kids and other people's kids but the dead are hard to deposit into a bank unless you're setting up a blood bank.

All I'm saying is that if there's any truth to the old saying that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, Americans should be worried. Real worried.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join