It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turbo Otter crash kills 10 in Alaska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Just after 11am local time, a DHC-3T operated by Rediske Air crashed after take off from Soldatna airport, southwest of Alaska. There were 9 passengers and one pilot on board. All 10 were killed on impact. Initial reports are that it was piloted by Willy Rediske, the owner of the company.

It's believed to be a 1958 aircraft, registration number N93PC. Weather at the time was clear, with 6 knot winds.

The US National Transportation Safety Board has launched an investigation to determine the cause of a fatal crash on 7 July involving a de Havilland DHC-3T Turbo Otter.

The single-engined, high-wing aircraft - believed to be a 1958 built model, registration N93PC - was operated by Alaskan air taxi company Rediske Air.

It crashed at 11:00 local time, shortly after take-off from Soldotna airport - around 120km (74 miles) southwest of Anchorage.

Nine passengers and one crew aboard the aircraft were killed. Weather data at the time of accident indicates good visibility with 6kt winds from the south.

According to local reports, the aircraft was piloted by air taxi company owner Willy Rediske.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Weird, that is a good safe aircraft if maintained.....There is a saying that Crashes always come in 3s...777, Otter and what's next? Thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is what I get for being in the woods all summer. I don't remember hearing about this, and I live near Soldotna.... how sad. Thanks for posting this, even though I am a little late finding it. We have a large number of small plane accidents every year in the state but 10 fatalities is unusual.

After looking up my local news sources, it seems that the plane never made it out of the airport. They have speculated a weight shift may have contributed. I was just there today too.
edit on 27-8-2013 by woodsmom because: Added last 3 sentences

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
maybe he was drinking?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

No, the man had an impeccable reputation. It seems to be a shift of weight on take off.
He was also carrying supplies for the lodge they were heading to.

top topics

join