It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden Safely Lands In Venezuela - UNCONFIRMED

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This from Reuters posted by Yahoo News 1 hour ago:

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Former U.S. spy agency contractor Edward Snowden has not yet formally accepted asylum in Venezuela, the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks said on Tuesday after a Russian lawmaker posted a statement to that effect on Twitter and then deleted it.

WikiLeaks, on its own Twitter feed, said that states involved in deciding an asylum destination for Snowden, who fled the United States last month, "will make the announcement if and when the appropriate time comes."

news.yahoo.com...

I suppose this is the best confirmation we are gonna get.
edit on 9-7-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What makes people think Snowden will be safe in Venezeula when Hugo Chávez wasn't?

A lot of people believe the CIA "cancered" Chavez.

Hey, it's a conspiracy site! Just sayin'!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Im still at this stage, and no media outlet or whistleblower will budge me:

ENOUGH drama, lets get real here - Snowden Show is an orchastration

Sorry but I dont beleive or care abotu any of this Snowden crap. The truth is known, except people are not paying attention to it. They are more interested in Snowdens GEOGRAPHY then what he has told the public...

YOUR GOVERNMENT IS LYING AND SPYING ON YOU

Now get off the bandwagon and stop playing "Where's Waldo" - and DO SOMETHING abotu your human rights being violated America..

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well lets see. NSA is spying on everybody through ISO standards group. Forcing countries to adapt to ISO standards in order to be part of international trade. They allow them to think that they have a part of the planning. But in fact they are spying on them even in there planning.

www.iso.org...

Other useful tools A number of other tools that help support the standards development process can be found here: Comment collation tool - The comment collation tool enables the automatic collation of comments submitted on ISO ballots in the ISO Commenting template format. WebEx -This web conferencing service is offered free of charge to ISO’s members, technical committees and subcommittees, working groups, and experts for any ISO-related work. This means that ISO pays the costs of using the service charged by WebEx including phone access costs (e.g. use of call-in numbers and callback function). Find out more about how to get an account, schedule a meeting and many more topics on the WebEx ISO Connect page. Online Browsing Platform - The Online Browsing Platform provides easy access to graphical symbols, codes or terms and definitions contained in ISO standards. Support on how to use the Online Browsing Platform is also available.

WebEx conferencing service free for them to use. Really

www.webex.com...

Featured Solution: Deliver WebEx products quickly and easily with cloud managed networks from Meraki, now part of Cisco.

Meraki?

en.wikipedia.org...

Meraki was funded by Google and Sequoia Capital. The organization started in Mountain View, CA, and is currently located in San Francisco, CA. Meraki employs many people who worked on the MIT roofnet project.[

Sequoia Capital is tied into CIA funding of projects just like InQTel. So even international standards is tied to spying. But I guess we all knew that because Data mining would not be any good with out ISO standards on text and translation. Words in any language is given a numbered meaning that means the same thing in any language. Computers see by numbers not letters.

www.iso.org...

So pretty much any country using ISO standards is being spied on or is part of it. So where would Snowden be safe? The list is pretty small when you take that into consideration.

www.iso.org...

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Lao People's Democratic Republic
Honduras
Antigua
Barbuda

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Now get off the bandwagon and stop playing "Where's Waldo" - and DO SOMETHING abotu your human rights being violated America..
reply to post by covertpanther

What? Where exactly do we start? People keep saying "do something" but no one ever has a suggestion of WHAT. We want to do something. We just have no clue what.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
LOL

the only thing is.. if he's chipped they already know where he is .. if not..

he's got em' Snowed "

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmerigoVespucci
a spiritual and religious example for his people - without which there is no moral foundation.

I refrained from responding to your previous attack on gay people, because I didn't want to derail this thread and make it about something else. But I will say the following...

You seem to support a religious authority, like a Taliban government, governing for a minority of religious citizens at the cost of the general population. You really have no place debating leadership of any kind if this is what you really think.

People who believe in a religious backed state can never give a convincing argument in any debate about government, because you have zero credibility. It's impossible for a person to suggest that they stand for freedom and for democracy while also believing in a religious state. This is an oxymoron.

That's all I'm going to say in response to your posts, you have no credibility with me, nor many others in this discussion.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Originally posted by AmerigoVespucci reply to post by Rocker2013

Praise God that Putin does not want the LGBT's to contaminate his social structures. He is a leader with character and a strong 'Orthodox' religious and moral background. As the moral leader of his nation he has every right to condemn LGBT's - as do I, as a righteous Catholic. We find the whole idea to be abhorrent to human nature.

Amen to President Putin - and what do we upstanding moral citizens of the world have to say to the Marxist atheist Obama and his outright promotion of the LGBT's in America ??? I am not permitted to say here on ATS !

In answer to the unfair criticism of President Putin throughout this thread:

When all is said and done in the Edward Snowden affair President Putin will stand high above Barack Obama in all categories by which a world leader might (and should) be measured: Character, strength of conviction, moral standing, and as a spiritual and religious example for his people - without which there is no moral foundation.

President Putin is not a hypocrite. He's a man of his word and does what he says he will do. Now let us compare that to Obama. President Putin deserves and commands respect. What does Obama command?

President Putin is the one who stood for justice and for freedom in this remarkable affair, and throughout the entirety of Snowden's ordeal (so far) he stands alone in the sense that he alone had the courage to protect Snowden. And now several others have also come to his aid.

President Putin is not a hypocrite. He's a man of his word and does what he says he will do. Now let us compare that to Obama. President Putin deserves and commands respect. What does Obama command. President Putin is the one who stood for justice and for freedom in this remarkable affair, and throughout Snowden's ordeal he stands alone in the sense that he alone had the courage to protect Snowden. And now several others have also come to his aid.

I have re-posted 'in full' the quotes of my earlier statements just to keep the record straight in the event that you would want to mislead the membership by means of the standard deceptive practice of "selective quoting."

Methinks you should have continued to "refrain from responding" because your response to my comments (in full above) is contrived - a figment of your active imagination. There is nothing in your remarks that bear any relation whatsoever to what I was saying about the importance of moral leadership in the political sphere, of which Vladimir Putin is a fine example when compared to the Marxist atheism of Barack Hussein Obama.

In the future I would appreciate it if you would please continue in your desire to "refrain from responding" - thank you very much. AV

edit on 10-7-2013 by AmerigoVespucci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

link

edit on 9-7-2013 by AmerigoVespucci because: (no reason given)

Word has it that he's to be flown to Vladivostok then over the Pacific out of reach of the American dictatorship.

The direct route from VVO (Vladavostok to CCS (Caracas) doesn't go near the Pacific. It goes over the Arctic Ocean near the North Pole and then over far eastern Canada and the Atlantic. In fact, somewhat of a deviation East would be necessary to avoid flying over the US.

Please check your geography - why? Because you are dead wrong. Route - Vladivostok through Russia ACROSS THE PACIFIC OCEAN - Please do your own geographical research - I don't have the time nor the desire to do it for you.......thank you.

edit on 10-7-2013 by AmerigoVespucci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerigoVespucci

Your map shows the route over Japan....wonder what would happen if he chose that one?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join