It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden Safely Lands In Venezuela - UNCONFIRMED

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Edward Snowden Safely Lands In Venezuela

intellihub.com...

Guillermo Thomas who is a spokesman for the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela told aljazeera.com that Snowden is currently in the country and that he is thrilled to be there. “We are very blessed to have Mr. Snowden in our country, it is a pleasure,” Thomas said. “There were no direct flights across the Atlantic from Moscow to Venezuela. The only flight for Snowden to avoid U.S. extradition was to travel through Cuba. We would like to thank our friends in Cuba for making this journey possible and
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-7-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: fixed link and update subject - this story may be false

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is not being reported anywhere in MSM. This doesn't mean it didn't happen of course but I am still confused how this could have happened. Even if Snowden took a flight to Cuba he would have flown over US territory as well as other friendly western nations.

As we had seen with President Morales, getting from A to B isn't that simple.

Has anyone else seen a news on this?

[url=http://intellihub.com/2013/07/08/edward-snowden-safely-lands-in-venezuela-where-he-was-granted-asylum-to-avoid-u-s-extradition/]intellihub.com[/u rl]

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Another link:

www.democraticunderground.com...

Again no MSM and look for the Al Jazeera article.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

There were reports from the outset that a Venezuelan Embassy car picked him up from the plane when he landed in Russia. So if this turns out to be true, it's not surprising.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nothing on Al Jazeera or on their web page as far as I can see.
I suspect they would have pushed this quite high up as they have reported extensively on Snowden before.

It would be welcome news, but I want more sources than a blog

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Lol not even on RT.

Btw, how did he get his boarding pass if his visum was turned to shreds...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

The only reason I would believe its true is because today on any MSN channel all they were showing was the Zimmerman trial. Even CNN had it on both their channels at the same time. Because I couldn't get any news on any news channel earlier today I couldn't help but think to myself that there must be something big happening that they are putting so much distraction effort with Zimmerman. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Lol not even on RT.

Btw, how did he get his boarding pass if his visum was turned to shreds...

Another country can provide it for him.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate

Here is a fix for the link you provided:

intellihub.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I hope its true.

it would tie in nicely with this

Ireland Says No to US arrest warrant for Snowden

Apparently the US government were worried that a plane Snowden might take would have to refuel in Ireland so they issued an arrest warrant for him, which Ireland declined saying they did not receive enough evidence for his arrest.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why announce, "We got him". Sure to bring the heat down. Are we a sucker for punishment?

Just go outside and find a hornets nest to kick.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
I hope its true.

it would tie in nicely with this

Ireland Says No to US arrest warrant for Snowden

Apparently the US government were worried that a plane Snowden might take would have to refuel in Ireland so they issued an arrest warrant for him, which Ireland declined saying they did not receive enough evidence for his arrest.

Wow that was actually news to me also. What an interesting day this is turning out to be in light of the news only reporting on one trial and one boeing accident......

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you, I tried to fix it but it still came out broken.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The PRlog press release on which the story is based has since been removed. This is likely false.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
They are not going to say exactly how he got to their country.
In fact, I would bet that he was never actually in Russia. These other nations are floating bogus reports to keep the nsa & whoever distracted.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The PRlog press release on which the story is based has since been removed. This is likely false.

Yeah that's where I'm at with this also. Every article references AlJazeera and of course their own site has nothing.

To good to be true....or wishful thinking.

I also noticed the Title is very similar to the title "Edward Snowden safely lands in [Moscow]. *sigh*

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate

This is not being reported anywhere in MSM. This doesn't mean it didn't happen of course but I am still confused how this could have happened. Even if Snowden took a flight to Cuba he would have flown over US territory as well as other friendly western nations.

As we had seen with President Morales, getting from A to B isn't that simple.

Has anyone else seen a news on this?

[url=http://intellihub.com/2013/07/08/edward-snowden-safely-lands-in-venezuela-where-he-was-granted-asylum-to-avoid-u-s-extradition/]intellihub.com[/u rl]

Such a flight, from Moscow (SVO) to Havana, would not go over any part of US airspace. The flight would go generally west from Russia, over Scandanavia, and then drop down to pick up a westbound north atlantic track, which is a set of prescribed tracks, using GPS or INS waypoints. Somewhere east of Newfoundland it would have dropped off the track and proceeded Southeast, possibly using jet route G-437, to Havana Marti. No need to ever come within 100 miles of the US coast. From Havana it's a direct shot South, over the Caymans and Hispaniola, to Caracas. For a map of the NA Tracks, take a look at www.airliners.net...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

On a side note: At least I didn't reference BIN

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Maybe Putin put him in a sub and let him off in international water near Cuba where a plane flew him to final destination. I mean just because the Russians reported him in the international terminal, doesn't mean he was actually there the whole time.....
Yes, I know how improbable this is but who said he had to be on a plane? I'm just thinking outside the box here....

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by evc1shop
reply to post by pirhanna

Maybe Putin put him in a sub and let him off in international water near Cuba where a plane flew him to final destination. I mean just because the Russians reported him in the international terminal, doesn't mean he was actually there the whole time.....
Yes, I know how improbable this is but who said he had to be on a plane? I'm just thinking outside the box here....

It's one thing for the Russians to play the whole "Hey, we have no authority over his travel plans so long as he remains in transit" vs. "Hey, yeah that's right big tough US of A, we have Snowden and we fed him, showered him, ran through his laptop a few times, shared some music and sent him on his way, so EAT IT!" LMAO

Just not likely. That would cause a terrible headache for Russia and one it doesn't want to deal with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join