It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two girls, 11 and 16, sexually assaulted off Brighton beach - UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
First of all, I am not posting this to try and start some bigoted argument, but I am concerned there is a larger problem that is being swept under the rug to try and prevent any racial tensions...

An 11-year-old girl and a teenager have been sexually assaulted while swimming off Brighton beach.

The two separate attacks, which Sussex Police are treating as linked, took place on Sunday afternoon.

The victim of the first assault, a 16-year-old girl, was groped after being approached by five men in the sea opposite the Metropole Hotel.

The 11-year-old was assaulted close to West Pier, when a man threw her in the air before grabbing and touching her.

All the attackers have been described as of Asian appearance.

www.bbc.co.uk...

For those that are aware, over the past few years there have been several cases of gangs of Asian (for Americans, this generally means people from the Indian subcontinent rather than Orientals) Muslim men being jailed for grooming young, underage girls for sex and passing them around the group.

We are always told, after each trial is finished, that this isn't a race issue, it isn't a problem in the Muslim community and is isolated, but how can that be when we hear new stories all the time? This is just the latest where two underage girls were molested on the beach by a gang of Asian men.

Now, I know that there are many white, black and people of other racial groups who are guilty of the same offences, but they generally operate as a lone offender, not as a gang. We also here plenty of stories from abroad, especially from Egypt or India of late, of women being routinely sexually assaulted and it becoming the norm.

Is this a problem that is being swept under the rug? If so, is it for political correctness, or is it a genuine fear of trying to not stoke racial tensions? Is there something within the Muslim community that empowers large groups of men, seemingly normal members of society and many family men, to go and seek out white girls specifically to abuse?

I hate to admit it, but events like this have affected the way I think - a few weeks ago I was dropping my 9 year old daughter (blonder hair, blue eyes, long legs) off at school and before that, we went in the corner shop to buy some bits - the young Asian guy in there was friendly enough, as always - he's a nice bloke, but he made a comment about how pretty my daughter was and I felt instantly uncomfortable. Am I right to feel like that, or am I being unreasonable?

Genuine questions/answers please - I don't want this to turn into a Muslim bashing thread - I have no issue with them generally and I work with many who are perfectly normal blokes.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I recently found out that this was happening in other Countries as well.

Sweden as an example.

This is sick.

Where is the Justice, and when will we actually start looking into it without a PC way of analyzing it?

Call it an immigration problem that no one cares about.

S&F

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think there is definitely a "cultural" issue - namely women are pretty much a tradeable commodity in many of their "home" countries, so already they have a different outlook, then there is the age of consent which is usually far lower - we hear of girls barely in their puberty being married off and they go for white girls, as noted from the other trials, as they are "infidels" so are not, in their eyes, committing an offence.
edit on 8/7/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Do not be too sure they were asians.
In my part of the country there are now huge, and I mean huge amounts of roma.
They appear asian but are infact eastern EU migrants (here legally).
Their anti-social and criminal behaviour is a serious issue in this part of the UK.

I don't know if their reach extends to brighton (could be daytripping/pick pocketing)
but similar assaults happen here daily and this story sounds the same as what we experience.

Of course I could be entirely wrong! No matter who is responsible, the UK needs to get control
of these gangs before it gets far worse.

edit on 8-7-2013 by LordDerpingtonSmythe because: .

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

When the "people" who are carrying out this sick crime are finally bought to justice and get sent down, you can be sure they are not given an easy time in prison by other inmates.
That gives me some satisfaction at least.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDerpingtonSmythe

Indeed and you could be right - more details are required. However, given the "trend", I would not be surprised to find out they were Muslim men - in which case, one has to ask, what the hell is going on?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

When the "people" who are carrying out this sick crime are finally bought to justice and get sent down, you can be sure they are not given an easy time in prison by other inmates.

The Father of two daughters here.

NO WAY is there any satisfaction, unless I could give my brand of justice. Right or Wrong in others eyes. I am usually really mild mannered but when it comes down to children being hurt in any way, I get pissed.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

I suspect that is not the case with those who belong to certain religions.
They are given T.V,playstations,food,protection from their religious brothers and a safe
place of worship.

And if it is as I suspect, eastern EU immigrants they simply leave the country long before
police catch them.
Thanks Labour for our wonderful open borders

edit on 8-7-2013 by LordDerpingtonSmythe because: .

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Quite - (god forbid) if something should happen to my daughter, there would be a significant possibility of me doing something a bit "daft".....

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by LordDerpingtonSmythe

Indeed and you could be right - more details are required. However, given the "trend", I would not be surprised to find out they were Muslim men - in which case, one has to ask, what the hell is going on?

Sexual repression and maybe certain religious teachings.
Who knows ?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by sonnny1

I think there is definitely a "cultural" issue - namely women are pretty much a tradeable commodity in many of their "home" countries, so already they have a different outlook, then there is the age of consent which is usually far lower - we hear of girls barely in their puberty being married off and they go for white girls, as noted from the other trials, as they are "infidels" so are not, in their eyes, committing an offence.

I would hope those coming into any Country could actually harness their personal "impulses" and those who are already there from those backgrounds TEACH them that this is wrong.

How hard is it to say RAPE is wrong?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

To be fair stu there are elements within the Muslim communities who have recognised that there is a definite problem with people from a certain background within their communities.
There seems to be a well above average prevalence of grooming and a general disregard for women, especially young white girls, who are viewed as legitimate prey from those originating from the more rural areas of Pakistan.

It seems that the police have indeed been reluctant to fully investigate the activities of some of these 'sex rings' and MSM has failed to report all the details surrounding such instances.
One can only presume that it is due to a fear of provoking possible racial tensions.

But surely it is the safety and well being of our children that should be the priority and not maintaining the illusion of a society free from racial conflict and a model of political correctness.

A year or so ago there were two gangs operating in the town where I live; one gang was of Eastern European origin and one was of Pakistani origin.
Girls were being raped and sexually assaulted whilst walking home from a night out.
The police instructed local media NOT to report at all until such time that they could arrest all involved.
How many of these attacks could have been prevented if the activities of these groups had been reported earlier?
It seems maintaining the façade takes priority over the safety of women and girls.

Blaming one political party for this is just another case of falling into the same old political party merry-go round.
The truth is that the current situation is the result of consecutive governments immigration and social policies.
Yes Labour didn't help things, but neither did the previous administrations.

And for all of Cameron's soundbites he's failed to do anything significant about it.

Quite ironically, Jack Straw, the instrument of many social engineering exercises, has been one of the loudest in speaking up about the problem within sections of the Muslim communities.

Whilst it is commendable that a minority of community leaders are speaking up about this problem, as always it's about acts and deeds.
The Muslim community as a whole must accept a certain amount of responsibility and take real action against known culprits.
Far too many are complicit in the acts by turning a blind eye to these crimes.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You know what, for a second there I thought this was just a thread about some horrible crime that was committed in the UK to innocent girls, one of many 1,000's that occur and an important topic people rarely discussed about here, something we can all discuss and agree is a problem. Found it abit strange that it would be posted here on ATS, but then it became apparent after reading the OP:

gangs of Asian

Muslim men

gang of Asian men

especially from Egypt or India

Muslim

It's another excuse to make a thread bashing muslims and immigrants, as if we don't have enough of them already?

I don't want this to turn into a Muslim bashing thread

Doesn't sound like it to me.

Is this a problem that is being swept under the rug? If so, is it for political correctness,

Explain to us, please, how this is being swept under the rug? Considering you yourself found it in the news. How so? And what do you propose should be done? Should we start banning muslims, Inidans, Arabs, from coming into our countries? Should we start segregating muslims because of the actions of the few? Should muslim, Indian and Arab men start carrying papers now?

What do you propose be done your country? What is wrong with simply catching these predators and locking them up for life, putting them through the justice system like normal? Treating a crime like a crime? And not like an ideological campaign?

I hate to admit it

How can you 'admit' something that you clearly preach? These are your beliefs already so what's there to admit?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

While I know you'll get your comment removed,And I disapprove of whatever "action" you've hinted at it, I do agree that your spot on,on several things.Now, little tidbits of your racism aside,I think it is High time for action!
I say every Working,well law abiding U.K Citizen,AND working,and dreaming Legal Immigrant (Race and Religion be damned!) March on the streets and put ropes around the necks of the "people" who agree and commit these things,and throw them into the ocean!

I can assure you that any color,every religion,and all the political categories would join in on this once they grow up,and grow past the PC blanket over their eyes.

P.S. For the more PC inclined,This isn't an immigrant,nor a Muslim bashing comment.
Born and raised Citizens should be subject this treatment aswell,and be regarded the same as any other animal.
edit on 8-7-2013 by Szarekh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

How hard is it to say RAPE is wrong?

It's hard when the authorities refuse to acknowledge we have a problem.
It's hard when Imams 'encourage' this activity.

People may criticise and disregard this as a source but I think it's a most revealing article.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
You know what, for a second there I thought this was just a thread about some horrible crime that was committed in the UK to innocent girls, one of many 1,000's that occur and an important topic people rarely discussed about here, something we can all discuss and agree is a problem. Found it abit strange that it would be posted here on ATS, but then it became apparent after reading the OP:

gangs of Asian

Muslim men

gang of Asian men

especially from Egypt or India

Muslim

Evidently, you have cherry picked a few words out of what I thought was very clear OP stating my position and tried to label me something I am not.

It's another excuse to make a thread bashing muslims and immigrants, as if we don't have enough of them already?

No, it isn't. Just have a look through my posting history before you jump to conclusions and make yourself look like a prat.

This is a genuine issue in the UK - there have been at least half a dozen of these gangs broken up and convicted in the past 2-3 years - every one of them being a group of Asian Muslims - not Arab Muslims, not European Muslims, nor Muslims from Indonesia or Africa, but specifically Asian Muslims from a Pakistani or Bangladeshi background. All your doing is trying to stifle debate by throwing around the race/bigot card.

How about you address the topic instead of attacking the poster?

I don't want this to turn into a Muslim bashing thread

Doesn't sound like it to me.

Elaborate - exactly how does my OP sound like I want to bash Muslims? I went out of my way to make it clear it wasn't. You're just showing a childish mentality, to be honest, by not being able to have a sensible, mature discussion.

Explain to us, please, how this is being swept under the rug?

I already did - read the OP again instead of trying to pigeon hole me.

In case you are intellectually challenged, which I suspect is the case given your terrible reading comprehension and attempts to put words in my mouth, I have said that every time this happens, the Authorities insist there is no problem, they insist this isn't a race issue despite it always being one specific group targeting another specific group and they insist that they are isolated, despite it being repeated over and over.

Considering you yourself found it in the news. How so? And what do you propose should be done? Should we start banning muslims, Inidans, Arabs, from coming into our countries? Should we start segregating muslims because of the actions of the few? Should muslim, Indian and Arab men start carrying papers now?

Jesus - I never once said any of that and it is you that is showing a bigoted streak by lumping all Muslims into one pot. I was quite clear of the specific origins of these groups - Not once, in any of these gangs, has there been someone of Arab origin - they have all been Pakistani/Bangladeshi Muslims.

And I never said anything about immigration and I never said anything about banning anyone from anything, those are your words that you're trying to attribute to me, which I find repugnant.

What do you propose be done your country? What is wrong with simply catching these predators and locking them up for life, putting them through the justice system like normal? Treating a crime like a crime? And not like an ideological campaign?

Because clearly there is something wrong within a very specific ethnic group in our country -education would be a good start, along with good community policing and opening channels so this kind of activity can be detected and reported early, rather than found out about much later.

How can you 'admit' something that you clearly preach? These are your beliefs already so what's there to admit?

Listen, if you're going to pull half a sentence out and use it, out of context, to try and label me, you're in for a rough ride. The sentence in full was "I hate to admit it, but events like this have affected the way I think" - now, in normal English, that would be an admission that, despite my fairly liberal attitude and not having a racist bone in my body, stories like this have had an affect on how I perceived one young Pakistanis comment about my young, white daughter.

Exactly where am I preaching anything? How on Earth do you bloody well know what my "beliefs" are? In my 9 years on ATS, I do not recall seeing you post once in any of the threads I have posted in, so how the hell can you be so arrogant as to presume you even understand one iota of what I believe? Get off your high horse, matey and try and have an adult discussion.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I do wonder ikn the light of the trial up North concerning the grooming of young girls by a gang of Asian men that it is time to start deporting individuals that are a danger to our young women and culture.

We forget that we allow people here from cultures where they carry guns, regard women as second class citizens and have no respect for the culture of this country. I have been horrified to hear about the assaults on women in foreign cultures and remember a particular nasty assault on a women when the Libyan uprising took place. The number of Egyptian women assaulted presumably by Egyptian men during the recent few days is unbelievable.
I suspect where the religion represses sexuality it will explode out and often in these countries its the woman who suffers more, because everything is done to pander to the male.

I do admit that my Grand daughter who is nearly 3 with blond hair, big blue eyes and a lovely friendly manner has been stared at twice by 'Asian' type men when we have been out. On each occasion I have stood in front of her and stared back. It disgusts me that I should even have to stand guard. This country has always had its rapists and paedophiles but gangs who ever they are, assaulting and grooming very young women and children are utterly not acceptable.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Explain to us, please, how this is being swept under the rug? Considering you yourself found it in the news. How so? And what do you propose should be done? Should we start banning muslims, Inidans, Arabs, from coming into our countries? Should we start segregating muslims because of the actions of the few? Should muslim, Indian and Arab men start carrying papers now?

Just a small thing..
I do not know how things are in your part of the world but here muslim's are
increasingly segregating themselves and creating separate communities already.
This does not encourage social cohesion.

The perception is (right or wrong) that for a long time these segregated communities
have created groups/gangs of pedophiles that have, for various reasons, not been
tackled by either the muslim community or the law. Most of these crimes are never
reported via media.

It has to be dealt with one way or another.
I would prefer to deal with open honest debate about cultural practices that are
unacceptable within the UK and effective law enforcement.
If these things do not happen and legitimate anger is allowed to continue
to grow within society, it will not end well at all for any of us.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
The Muslim community as a whole must accept a certain amount of responsibility and take real action against known culprits.
Far too many are complicit in the acts by turning a blind eye to these crimes.

Hit the nail on the head there bud.

It is exactly the same as the Catholic abuse scandals - the Catholic Church knew of the abuse but covered it up, turned a blind eye and protected those responsible by moving them around.

I see this as a very similiar situation and it took the Catholics a long time to get to grips with first admitting there was a problem, much less doing anything about it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join