It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How our governments work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I had this dubious experience, a few weeks ago. I was sitting in a store, when a man with a knife came in and threatened me if I didn't give him the money.

Well, I didn't feel like Crocodile Dundee, and neither did I try to wrestle the guy down. Yeah, I gave the guy the money and No, I didn't panic.

The store is in a flat, that the landlord wants back. The rent is cheap, and the landlord has changed the entire structure of the buildings, except that little hole of a store, that we have. But we hold a contract, that is in our favor ... and the landlord wants it back. He can't nullify the contract, and must have a reason for it.

He's been desparately looking for a reason, but hasn't found any ... and he's got some customers waiting in line for the locale.

Well, you get the picture ...

As a result, we've had more break-ins and now "threats" than any other store in city.

Those are the facts, and here comes the conspiracy theory ...

When the cops come, they use the opportunity to "look" over the premesis, as if they are looking for something. The "robber" lives only 5 blocks away from our store ... and the cops, did not ask about anything suspicious, or wether we had enemies, or threats or anything the like. They just came in, made a thorough look over the premesis, looking in every corner of it. And then, they came up with the story that there had been two customers that ran out of my store ... and saw the "robber" enter. Incidentally, these "customers" had been wanting to rent a film in our store, Friday the 13th series, where there is a picture of Jason holding a big knife ... and the cops didn't ask me, if there had been two customers in the store. THEY TOLD ME.

And then, I got a letter a week after ... the usual letter, when something like this happens. And that's the cops will not pursue the case, because of lack of evidence.

And my theory is, the mafiaboss, the crook and the cops are the same thing. At least here in Sweden, they are ...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
get a cheap cctv system and plenty of stickers for the door i bet they would not be so quick then .

get the local paper involved and your member of parlament

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
get a cheap cctv system and plenty of stickers for the door i bet they would not be so quick then .

get the local paper involved and your member of parlament

As much as I disagree on US war policies ... there are times, that I'd wish I wasn't living in Sweden. There are times, I wish this was the US ... Because here, it's like living in mafia land ... there's the boss, and then other smaller bosses ... but no member of parliament and absolutely no local paper will touch the story.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. I hope it wasn't too much money!

Sure glad us bird eatin' 'mericans can defend our properties with firearms.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Wow really?

I'm all the way over here in Seattle, WA USA, and all I ever hear is how Sweden is nothing but a paradise of awesome skiing, free school, huge boobs, and free health care.

But I don't care about all that, if it's anything like Alaska then I'm out. I've been there and that place sucks worse than Seattle(which is an awesome city....in the summer mostly).

Anyways....mafia huh? well that's probably a small price to pay for awesome skiing, free school, huge boobs, and free health care, right?

I mean I'm sorry for when your place gets robbed, but doesn't the state also cover those losses?

Seriously, I'm trying to figure out what goes on in Sweden.
BTW, try and write as much of this down as possible. This could make a great screenplay. Nobody is doing anything with a Swedish mafia. That's probably why I never heard about it.

Do you have any perspectives on the inner workings of the mafia/state relationship? What aspects, specifically, of your society do you view as the underlying causes of such a power structure?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
Incidentally, these "customers" had been wanting to rent a film in our store, Friday the 13th series, where there is a picture of Jason holding a big knife ... and the cops didn't ask me, if there had been two customers in the store. THEY TOLD ME.

I always find it interesting when symbolism occurs or is used in some subtle way to re-enforce an implied threat.

top topics

join