It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama just take control of all communications by executive order?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Signed on July 6 (A Saturday of a holiday weekend - No he isn't trying to slip anything by)
www.whitehouse.gov...

Is this just his way of getting the NSA off the hook for spying on all americans like they were criminals

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Yes,. he did,. LAST YEAR look at the date

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Section 1. Policy. The Federal Government must have the ability to communicate at all times and under all circumstances to carry out its most critical and time sensitive missions. Survivable, resilient, enduring, and effective communications, both domestic and international, are essential to enable the executive branch to communicate within itself and with: the legislative and judicial branches; State, local, territorial, and tribal governments; private sector entities; and the public, allies, and other nations. Such communications must be possible under all circumstances to ensure national security, effectively manage emergencies, and improve national resilience. The views of all levels of government, the private and nonprofit sectors, and the public must inform the development of national security and emergency preparedness (NS/EP) communications policies, programs, and capabilities.

Isn't that why they spend billions upon billions of dollars on SATCOM ?

And he needs a EO for what they already have?

Yeah Obama and Company sure are 'doing things right'.

edit on 8-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This looks more like an order to make sure that the president can communicate properly when the # hits the fan. I'm far from an expert in US legalese though.
I'm not sure how the emergency networks are set up in the US, but I guess they have their own and does not have to piggyback on the private industry.

If so this is completely harmless.

If they do use the public networks, this is a good opportunity to install more "stability infrastructure"

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
is this the one? www.snopes.com... as i seem to remember a similar thing a few days ago

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

This information is from July 6, 2012 and it was done on a Friday.

I'm just saying.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If one looks a bit....Obama isn't half as creative or as imaginative as some might like to credit him with. He didn't think any of this up. He's throwing re-tread and modern definitions onto old executive orders written before he was born, most likely. The powers for the executive to take all transportation, means of production, energy and industry were put into words after World War II by Truman and Eisenhower among others.

Obama gets credit for renewing what others already did though. Pretty much his normal station in life it seems. Always the follower and of the worse ideas too.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There is already a thread about this and it's in the HOAX bin.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Opps,

You are right.

new topics

top topics

join