It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway "evidence" turns out to be fake

page: 1

join
share:
dom

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...

"REBEL Labour MP George Galloway last night insisted he was innocent after it was revealed a dirty tricks scam was used to frame him for taking money from Saddam Hussein.

Papers offered for sale in Baghdad were said to prove the Glasgow MP took millions of pounds for supporting the Iraqi dictator.

But the documents, offered by former Republican Guard General Salah Abdel Rasool, contain obvious mistakes.

A scrawl claimed to be Mr Galloway's signature on "receipts" has no similarity to his real one."

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dom

A scrawl claimed to be Mr Galloway's signature on "receipts" has no similarity to his real one."

I know when I sign something like this, I always make my signature as clear as possible so I don't give anyone trying to catch me up in it a hard way to go. I'm sure Mr. Galloway does too. It can't be his "scrawl".

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i didnt realise it was a deliberate effort to get him in trouble, i just thought the press were looking for some juicy scandals, and made it up themselves

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Wait until they get to work on Short!

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This is an interesting development, as I've been following Mr. Galloway's recent accusations.

It would appear that someone has gone to great lengths to basically frame Mr. Galloway. But who and why?

Hopefully, the entire truth will be revealed.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Who is Galloway, i forget. Also what is he being discredited for. Not what is he being accused of, but why were these false accusations made up?

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
shame this only seems to turn up in one source and that is the Mirror. Although a smear may not have seemed out of the realms of possibility I think I`ll wait for more coverage and some more reputable sources to confirm this. I don`t see an apology in the Telegraph.

dom

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Looking into this more I think there were two pieces of evidence. This is the second bit which was bought off an Iraqi military guy, the first bit of evidence came from inside the information ministry. Until (if) that comes out as a fraud I doubt we'll be seeing an apology in the telegraph.

new topics

top topics

join