It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: “The government is us, and we’re doing things right”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The total SS contribution is 6.2% by employee and 6.2% by employer based on gross pay! That means a total 12.4% contribution each pay period. What in the world were you talking about??

More people join the marketforce than people retire. This is a fact which alone proves your ponzi scheme theory wrong. People work 30-40 years and contribute up to the maximum of $113,700 which is the threshold for maximum contribution. How many years does one have to live to recollect that $113,700 they put in???

The money from the trust fund has been stolen by illegal diversions. Just like they steal everything else.

www.justfacts.com...
edit on 10/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: add link

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by neo96

The total SS contribution is 6.2% by employee and 6.2% by employer based on gross pay! That means a total 12.4% contribution each pay period. What in the world were you talking about??

More people join the marketforce than people retire. This is a fact which alone proves your ponzi scheme theory wrong. People work 30-40 years and contribute up to the maximum of $113,700 which is the threshold for maximum contribution. How many years does one have to live to recollect that $113,700 they put in???

The money from the trust fund has been stolen by illegal diversions. Just like they steal everything else.

www.justfacts.com...
edit on 10/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: add link

Once agian that 6% does not cover the benefits received OTHER PEOPLE are paying for that 'safety net'.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Obviously they don't redistribute wealth from the bilderbergers to everyone else

No, of course not. The super wealthy elite will be sealed away from all the things they heap onto the rest of us. No, the redistribution goes from the middle class to the poor, or sometimes from the middle class to the wealthy through the State or through the Fed. Karl Marx may have intended the Super wealthy to have their riches stolen from them involuntarily through the State, but in reality and practice the wealthy pay. But remember Obama's rhetoric? He targeted originally people who made over $250,000, but in practice the middle class is hurting the most. Obama is letting the bankers off the hook while hooking the rest with icky earth worms.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Obviously they don't redistribute wealth from the bilderbergers to everyone else

He targeted originally people who made over $250,000, but in practice the middle class is hurting the most. Obama is letting the bankers off the hook while hooking the rest with icky earth worms.

Um... That is exactly because they have the GOP to shift the policies onto the middle class. For example; letting student loans double, which benefits who???
edit on 10-7-2013 by Cheesefleas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefleas

Did you really believe Obama was going to make the rich pay? Notice how many Goldman Sachs people he has had in his admin? Only a fool would believe that he is really for the little guy. Warren Buffett and Georgy Schwartz are his best buds. And Tony Rezko and Bill Ayers his next best buds. Oh wait did I forget Valerie Jarrett?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Not only is SS a State sponsored Ponzi scheme, it is Nanny Statism. That is the Nanny State has to force us to give up 12 per cent of our paycheck because we cannot plan our own retirement....that is Nanny State thinking.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ElPolloPlomero

Let me guess, Bill Maher at Night Time, MSNBC during the Day time, & Huff Post when in commute. Am I close?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefleas
I wonder if you forgot about what happened in 2008? When half the stock market disappeared, America began the trend of losing 750,000 jobs a month, and all the rest.

Those occurrences were all the consequence of Bush's policy (of not regulating or paying attention)

Google the stock market, the housing market, the job market, the auto market and ALL of them have improved
Since Obama took office. Fact

The stock market dived BECAUSE of Obama. When it was clear that he was winning, that's when it happened. No, I didn't forget.

The housing market is FAR worse, the job market is FAR worse, the auto market is FAR worse, under his reign. No one looking at facts believes otherwise.

Are you even aware how many mortgages are now upside down, because of his actions?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by neo96

So, to translate this, what he's really saying is, "Disregard all the times I have lied to you, and ignored the law, and taken away your rights, and ruined the economy, and snubbed our allies, and funded our enemies. Really, I am doing everything right. Don't you trust me?"

The sick thing is, a lot of people will believe him.

Only the koolaid drinking neo-liberals do.

Occupy hates his guts just as much, if not more so, than tea party does.
edit on 10/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

That's interesting, because he supported them. I wonder if they are completely honest about this. I know I saw video that showed some who did, in fact, support him, and stated so.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

edit on 11-7-2013 by kazootica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

So, to translate this, what he's really saying is, "Disregard all the times I have lied to you, and ignored the law, and taken away your rights, and ruined the economy, and snubbed our allies, and funded our enemies. Really, I am doing everything right. Don't you trust me?"

The sick thing is, a lot of people will believe him.

Only the koolaid drinking neo-liberals do.

Occupy hates his guts just as much, if not more so, than tea party does.
edit on 10/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

That's interesting, because he supported them. I wonder if they are completely honest about this. I know I saw video that showed some who did, in fact, support him, and stated so.

So what? Republicans pretend to support the tea party as well but in reality they don't.

Infiltrate and destroy the movement. Its been like that for years now.

Obama is center right by supporting offshoring, automation, middle class tax redistribution and letting the rich get richer, more wars, more lies, continued spying.

There is no left in america because people mistakengly think "small government" will cure all their problems. I say size of government is secondary, what counts more is WHOM does government support and its obvious they support special interest groups.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Not only is SS a State sponsored Ponzi scheme, it is Nanny Statism. That is the Nanny State has to force us to give up 12 per cent of our paycheck because we cannot plan our own retirement....that is Nanny State thinking.

Its really easy blowing away $7.50 per hour minimum wage paychecks. I remember someone conducting a study of the rise of inflation the last 100 years and how minimal the mw increases have been. Basically mw should be at least $20 per hour.

How can millions plan retirement when they can't even make ends meet from day to day? Or the massive influx of illegals stealing even the dead end jobs?

At least government mandated SS, medicare, medicaid prevents america from turning into somalia.

Otherwise I could see some rationale in your argument.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Aha. I do believe this is the cognitive misjudgment that got you banned?

What in the world were you thinking? -_-

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

So what? Republicans pretend to support the tea party as well but in reality they don't.

Infiltrate and destroy the movement. Its been like that for years now.

Obama is center right by supporting offshoring, automation, middle class tax redistribution and letting the rich get richer, more wars, more lies, continued spying.

There is no left in america because people mistakengly think "small government" will cure all their problems. I say size of government is secondary, what counts more is WHOM does government support and its obvious they support special interest groups.

In reality, some do, and some don't. I do, and I am, mostly, Republican (though really NOT happy with the party at the moment...). I know others that are Rep., and don't.

A better comparison would be whether Tea Party people support the GOP or not.

What Obama supports isn't "right" at all (in more ways than one). He supports class warfare, slavery-by-"entitlements", racial strife, globalism, and these days, terrorism.

No, it does matter, a great deal, how large the government is or isn't. An over-sized government will always support itself, over ANY group, and will use various groups to gain more power. Smaller central government, with more local control, can safeguard against such abuses.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join