It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From an eqyptian in Alexandria - American analogy of happenings in Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I found this from Brett Baer, it's an account of what is happening in egypt written by someone in Alexandria, but written as if it happened in america. He wrote it like this to help explain better to his American friends what's going on. I found it very interesting, instead of Morsi we have Obama and his election. If you are having trouble understanding what's going on over there, this may help. Hope y'all enjoy it as much as I did. If this is in the wrong place feel free to move it, so many forums.

A lot of my dear American friends sill ask me what on earth really happened in egypt, for their benefit, and anyone else on earth genuinely trying to make heads or tails of us "crazy Egyptians" ; here's exactly what happened in egypt over the past 12 months, but expressed in 'American" terms...

There are no exaggerations or lies, these events all took place:

On June 30th 2012, democratically elected Barack Obama wins the election with 51.7%, takes the oath, and is sworn in as president of the United States.

if what's happening in egypt happened in america
edit on 7/8/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

Wow...that did put it in perspective. And also cast a different light on what's going on here in our own country. I'm sad to say, if it all happened here, I honestly think most Americans would shrug it off in short order and go on with their insular lives. I am much afraid that our protests would be scattered affairs adding up to hundreds of thousands, not millions. I'm going to go cry now.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Sounds about right.

I was on Skype with an egyptian friend on wednesday and he recited something very similar to this.
It's not really a failed democrazy, it's a democratic elected dictator that was brought down before too much damage could be done.
They need a reboot and to try again

Nothing succeeds at first try.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Gave me a lump in a stomach, ugh, and no way no how is it millions that showed up in protest. Would like to see any video clips if they showed you any, just to see how good CGI Hollywood is doing these days. That's truly some frightening misinformation, and I hope they never find me in my cave! Peace and Godspeed,Xenongod
P.S. Oh yeah, and the war with Canada bit is a super- farce.
edit on 8-7-2013 by xenongod because: Oh Canada

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Gave me a lump in a stomach, ugh, and no way no how is it millions that showed up in protest. Would like to see any video clips if they showed you any, just to see how good CGI Hollywood is doing these days. That's truly some frightening misinformation, and I hope they never find me in my cave! Peace and Godspeed,Xenongod
P.S. Oh yeah, and the war with Canada bit is a super- farce.
edit on 8-7-2013 by xenongod because: Oh Canada

I think the 110 million was a US projection of 1/3rd of the population (330 million in 2012 census for US population)

Egypt has 82.5 million people, so I assume he was indicating 1/3rd of that or 27.5 million people in total.

Was the Canada refrence war against the Palestinians in Sinai? or something else? That is what I could not figure out.

God Bless,
edit on 8-7-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow, that letter puts everything that happened in Egypt in terms even I can understand. Scary, especially since it's happening here without the protests.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

poor Egypt has no leader, no independence ! this is the main problem. I hope the puppet radical salafist muslim brotherhood and the puppet corrupted army do not make people die.
Egypt needs independence. people of Egypt and Turkey want their governments to do their own business and not to support the terrorists in Syria. and not ot be the dolls of other countries.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
"Page not found" It looks like they already took it down, and I really wanted to read it too. I guess they didn't want to give us any ideas.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombicide83
"Page not found" It looks like they already took it down, and I really wanted to read it too. I guess they didn't want to give us any ideas.

A lot of my dear American friends sill ask me what on earth really happened in egypt, for their benefit, and anyone else on earth genuinely trying to make heads or tails of us "crazy Egyptians" ; here's exactly what happened in egypt over the past 12 months, but expressed in 'American" terms...

There are no exaggerations or lies, these events all took place:

On June 30th 2012, democratically elected Barack Obama wins the election with 51.7%, takes the oath, and is sworn in as president of the United States.

First five months of his term go relatively smoothly, where he makes almost no decisions (except for some dubious presidential pardons to a dozen convicted terrorists, including some convicted for their part in the assassination of a former US President).

Suddenly, on November 21st 2012, president Obama issues a presidential decree giving himself sweeping powers, to the extent that his future decrees become un-contestable in any court, in effect his decisions henceforth are akin to the word of God.

His laws a new Bible...

Nationwide protests erupt as a result of this decree and 1.5 million people organize a sit-in at the White House to peacefully request he rescind it.

Some of Obama's democratic party supporters attack the peaceful sit-in outside the White House with guns & shoot 5 peaceful protesters dead

A few weeks later president Obama dissolves the US Supreme Court and labels them all "traitors to America"

One short week later, he fires the United States District Attorney and personally appoints a Democrat to replace him.

A month later he annuls the US Constitution and forms a 'constitutional committee' to draft a new constitution (committee includes no Republicans or Independents, no Moslems or Jews, and only a handful of women.. And is composed primarily of Democrats & religious preachers)

In a referendum not supervised by any judicial branch, this constitution narrowly wins, and President Obama ratifies it the very next morning (despite it having only gotten the approval of 18% of all Americans).

Within a month he invites top global terrorists, known jihadists and Al Qaeda members from all over the world, to a rally in Yankee stadium, where he cuts ties with and declares war on, Canada.

Throughout this whole time, the US economy is sinking, the stock market collapsing, foreign investment has all but stopped, tourism has died, and electricity, fuel, and water shortages are a daily occurrence.

Unemployment has almost doubled, and the US$ dollar has lost 20% of its value globally.

Oh, and president Obama also outlines his new plans to lease the entire Silicon Valley area to China for 50 years (with full administrative control)...

Democratically elected president Barack Obama has done all the above in his FIRST YEAR IN OFFICE!!!

Ultimately, on June 30th, 2013...

110 million Americans take to the streets in 50 States peacefully and politely demanding -for 4 straight days- that democratically elected Obama leave immediately, and not continue his remaining 3 years....

That's it in a nutshell

Who would you say had "legitimacy" in this case if it had been America?

"Democratically elected Barrack Obama", or the 110 million Americans who fired him ... ?"

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
fox newzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That's a real eyeopener, thanks for sharing mate, made me even more interested in the current political situation of Egypt.

top topics

join