It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Republican Introduces Bill To Ban LGBT Rainbow Flag From Public Buildings

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Oh my goodness,,, move over Jewish people, move over black people, move over American Indians, move over Christians, there's a new group that has it far far worse than you guys ever did. NO!!! you should not be allowed to display a gay pride flag at your place of business unless you own the company.
We aren't talking about private business here though, we are talking about government buildings and property.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

m Oh my goodness,,, move over Jewish people, move over black people, move over American Indians, move over Christians, there's a new group that has it far far worse than you guys ever did. NO!!! you should not be allowed to display a gay pride flag at your place of business unless you own the company.
We aren't talking about private business here though, we are talking about government buildings and property.

If I work for the government, and I sit in my cubicle and drink my coffee from a gay pride mug, why should anyone stop me?
edit on 1-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Same reason they'd say something to me for reading my Bible in my cubicle.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by luciddream

And you wonder why people so open about their support to LGBT?

This is just stupid. Leave it alone, and it won't bother you!

So we're uptight about erecting a Christian or atheist monument, but a LGBT flag is perfectly acceptable? It's the double standard that irritates me.

That's the Militant Atheists you're thinking of, not the homosexuals. You should not assume that homosexuals are atheist at all, let alone militant ones.

Personally, I am in favor of equal rights for all and I am in favor of separation of church and state BUT I'm okay with public displays of the commandments, especially in courts etc, as a nod to the commandments as an early example of codified law, and a particular set which many of our society's common morals and laws are based on.

What I'm saying is, you shouldn't always paint everyone with such a broad brush (as it seemed you did in your post.)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

So if I wanted to hang a rainbow flag in my personal office space, I wouldn't be able to do so? Simply because the people think it's distasteful to fly or display the homosexual flag in honor of friends and family who have been denied rights because of their sexuality?

Sure as long as I can play devils advocate and hang a Dixie and KKK flag.

Alas I am sure that would get me fired or at least severly punished at work.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

NOTurTypical

Originally posted by luciddream
So now Yoga is religious? and being Gay is religious as well?

Man they bring you to their level of expertise and beat you with stupidity.

Actually Yoga is a part of Hinduism.

Yoga is part of hinduism like singing songs is part of christianiity, IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join