It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pendle Witches and the Black Dog.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Thank you for this interesting thread. After my ex-boyfriend had a handful of scary encounters in Texas with a black dog during a very intense period of paranormal activity in his life, I read a lot about the legend of the black dog in Europe. Have you heard anything suggesting that these black dog encounters are actually omens of negative events to come? Part of my ex's story, with a brief mention of the black dog, is in a thread I recently posted. Here is the thread Hanging baby-doll body parts
I found your thread interesting because, although no one replied to my thread with the suggestion that the woman with the hanging baby-doll body parts was a witch, that has been my feeling all along. I would be happy to provide more details about his encounters with the black dog if any one is interested. He saw the dog in person and in dreams. His mother also saw the black dog in person when she was helping him move out of the haunted house. The dog also appeared in a dream of someone else who was familiar with what was happening at the house at the time it was happening. Anyway ...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
With the whole thing about playing Led Zepp's Stairway to Heaven backwards and the messages about satan being heard, it seems to be lesser known that if you play their song Black Dog backwards, it is said, the lyrics "Spend my money, took my car, started tellin' her friends she gonna be a star" will say "Oh, satan once your here, finished with our song, I must get on my knees".

In the traditional religion of voodoo the "black dog" is also known as the evil or dark side of voodoo.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

The black dog or wolf, is from ultimate darkness, a place were there is no life and no reason, it can be seen as an omen of impending death, it is closely related to graveyards and paths along which the dead passed.

If the dog is pursued in a negative manner it will always be heading off back off into the darkness it came from and taking the pursuer with it, there is the alternative approach to see it as non threatening and advance with it toward the light, which is to say fear and paranoia will be counter productive in any encounter and naturally lead to dread scenarios.,,,a question then of overcoming fear.

I read your thread and i don't think theres enough to suggest that the woman was up to no good with the dolls, she may just have been cleaning her collection of antique dolls, people who are up to no good are generally more secretive, and it is unlikely inorganic material would be used for any sort of voodoo doll.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Very interesting story, 9 year old Jennet as main witness in trial against her family. S & F for sharing...

Thankfully, humans came to senses regarding witch-hunts... hope one day we come to our senses regarding religion as well...

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I always enjoy your threads. Thanks. I'll be coming back to this later today, as I have just a few minutes before heading out the door. An interesting piece of history with my dinner.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by GrandStrategy
People like to turn to and fetishize history because it's easy. The however many thousands/millions of witches in the world today are apparently unable to offer any evidence of their credibility, instead we're told historical fairytales
Wicca is a recognised religion. It seems that you are belittling adherents for not living up to the hooey you've been fed about witches. You might want to take a look at the old religions in their own right, and not as painted by the faith that demonised them in order to supplant them.

Christianity is a recognised religion, that's bogus too. Why do you keep bringing up that other faiths tried to supplant them as if I'm ignorant to that or arguing against it; didn't I say that myself in my first post?

I do know a little bit about the Pendle witches, I have family who've lived in the area for hundreds of years(one of them can trace her family back to Alice Nutter), and on most days of my life I've been within eyesight of Pendle Hill. I know the area and the history well enough

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have a black dog story of which you already know. But what I didn't mention was that the year was a hard one for my family and for me. And perhaps the Black Dog was not there to harm me, but to protect me? I only now thought of it that way and it actually makes more sense given my circumstances.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Good thread. I remember watching that show/documentary, but its been a while, and could rewatch it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yet more proof of the idiotic and nutty things people do and take way to serious.

No doupt it, like pretty much everyone of these stories and trials are really about, the good ol fashion keeping the # from hitting the fan. ie witch hunts and scape goats. I heard its a favorite pastimes among all cultures of this world, its a traditions passed on down for ages. Makes for a good story, but that may be all. Personally I never knew black dogs were considered anything but being black. I think that right there would be considered as learning something new. So I suppose at least that's something.

The whole thing does remind me of this ending Simpsons clip, albeit the dog in it is brown. You can tell who is evil by the fact that they have shifty eyes, also the music helps in identifying the evilz.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join