learn more

Obama Supporters Sign Petition to Repeal the BILL OF RIGHTS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Just to be clear... I haven't made a single point in this thread that was dependent upon the political party affiliation of the people I'm dismayed and disgusted by. My posting history demonstrates sufficiently during the Bush years that this is not a Democrat or Republican thing for me.

I warned then that if left unaddressed it would get worse with the next president. The rule still holds. Whoever comes after Obama (regardless of Party) will make those who came before look timid by comparison.

The title I used in this thread was a cut and paste job of the video author's title. And frankly, as often as he states this is to SUPPORT Obama, I don't think it's factually incorrect or misses the reasonable assumption test in terms of whether the signers are Obama supporters in this instance.

I'm sure a similar video could have been produced targeting Republicans in support of any of their mascots du jour.

edit on 8-7-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by loam

Hey, here's a similarly themed video showing selected interviews with 'stupid' Americans where they'll only air the ones replying with stupid answers to make it look like all Americans are stupid.

Luckily, this is just satire and not serious political commentary.

I hope this illustrates my point.

Don't be so weak minded ATS.

We see another use of selective editing in order to push an agenda. This appeals to some people's preconceived biases. "Ohmygurd! all Obama supporters are trying to make this a Communist state, proofs right here!"

It is amazing how many people fall for this type of divisive propaganda.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A truly worrying state of affairs. How easily some can be manipulated.

God forbid they do a promotion like: "Free T-shirts, all you got to do is sign this paper!" and watch the drones line up to sign there freedoms away for a poorly made T-shirt with a funny picture of a cat on it or something.

Sorry this angers me.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Tell that to the sheep flagging this thread my friend!

Confirmation bias is a hard habit to kick.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

We see another use of selective editing in order to push an agenda. This appeals to some people's preconceived biases. "Ohmygurd! all Obama supporters are trying to make this a Communist state, proofs right here!"

It is amazing how many people fall for this type of divisive propaganda.

Exactly why I used it as an example.

This video is no different to the one in the OP.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

reply to post by loam

Hey, here's a similarly themed video showing selected interviews with 'stupid' Americans where they'll only air the ones replying with stupid answers to make it look like all Americans are stupid.

Luckily, this is just satire and not serious political commentary.

I hope this illustrates my point.

Don't be so weak minded ATS.

Very different type of video there if you are wanting to compare apples to apples. That is a knowledge test in your video....they ask a question and see who can answer it. The OP video is different altogether.

It shows that even when given the absolute truth about what they are doing they will do it because it is in favor of Obama. He repeatedly states it is a petition for Obama to get rid of the bill of rights. It is not a "tell me what the 3rd line of the bill of rights says" question....it is a very clear statement and does show just how mindless some can be when all they have to hear is Obama is doing this.....voila...signature and a smile.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
It shows that even when given the absolute truth about what they are doing they will do it because it is in favor of Obama.

I completely agree with that assessment. I saw the very same thing with Bush Jr.

The problem isn't the political leadership. They are just a symptom. The real problem is the populous....which likely means we are in for an inevitable ride to the very bottom.

Spooky times for sure.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by loam

Our current political system is the "Walmart" version.

Cheap.
Made overseas. (
)
Breaks easily.

And it is exactly worth what we have put into it.

Made in China!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I'm sorry that you don't see the agenda here.

What sort of petition is fair and unbiased when less than 10 people (that we see) are used?

If someone did the same thing as this guy but used Ron Paul instead of Obama, would you react the same way?

There is no agenda and it is not a real petition...just a guy showing how if he puts Obama's name in it he could probably say ANYTHING and get Obama supporters to sign it. It is showing how easily some will sign away their rights.

And yes I would react the same to this being about Ron Paul. Trouble is I think most of them would have asked "Who is Ron Paul?" Being that he stated it was for Obama and it was to take away our Bill of Rights I think it makes it even more pointed because Obama should be known by everyone and our Bill of Rights has been put under the gun more in the media than ever before that I can recall....all related to Obama's administration.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Friend, take the blinders off!

Both videos are propaganda to incite a selected response by cherry picking the material.

I might agree with your sentiment if he got a million signatures, not 6.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Both videos are propaganda to incite a selected response by cherry picking the material.

You must have really smart friends, acquaintances and associates...because my daily interactions with people consistently demonstrate an overwhelming belief by them that things can't ever really go wrong in this country...

Abuses? "What abuses? If there are, there must be a really good reason...."
Peril? "None that I see. We're Americans. Despots and tyranny are for far away places with people that have funny accents and who don't get Jersey Shore or Honey Boo Boo."

Even your post carries the same spirit.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Again...one video is about telling someone exactly what you are doing and asking for a signature...the other is testing knowledge by asking questions to get an answer.

Had he kept going I would not doubt he would be able to get 1 million signatures. Most polls do not use a large cross section of the populace....typically around 1000.

My blinders have been off for a while. It is the idiocy of the masses that "herd" themselves into a particular mindset and just follow the ass in front of them. If they hear the name Obama and they voted for him, or didn't vote for him but just believe in the ideals that everyone else tells them he is trying to create then that is all they need to hear in order to sign something.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
It shows that even when given the absolute truth about what they are doing they will do it because it is in favor of Obama.

I completely agree with that assessment. I saw the very same thing with Bush Jr.

The problem isn't the political leadership. They are just a symptom. The real problem is the populous....which likely means we are in for an inevitable ride to the very bottom.

Spooky times for sure.

A poster on a different forum (which shall remain unnamed) was commenting on this petition and he said that all you can do with people like this is smack them with a newspaper and holler "NO".

Now I have carrot cake all over my monitor and keyboard.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by loam

There were plenty of Bush supporters that were just as stupid. You are grouping people together. I voted for him in 08. Since that time my eyes have been opened. Both sides are the same just with different rhetoric. I didn't participate in the last election. That is my right. I choose not to participate in a system that is wrought with fraud, propaganda and deception.

The entire country could have stayed home and Obama would have won this past election.....

lol, amen, aint that the truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Well here is Mark Dice doing exactly what the chasers were doing in the video I posted.

So why wouldn't he do the same in the petition video?

He is just feeding your already preconceived notions.

edit on 8-7-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Cool, so why not post up something with substance instead of this trash?

See how you and the video supporters are getting lots of stars, it's because it appeals to the blind Obama haters.

They're no different to the blind Obama lovers.

It's just that there are more haters on ATS than lovers.

That's fine, see I don't care either way, since I'm from Australia, I get to look at this without bias.

And all I can see is cherry picked footage to incite a particular reaction. And it's working!

"6 people signed the petition! That means all Obama supporters did!"

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It really can't be determined if they are Dem,Rep or Ind. but does confirm stupid people are easy to find

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

While I appreciate the sentiment...I will again point out that they are two very different lines of thought.

One is asking for knowledge that people should have. The other is clearly explaining a point and asking for a signature and while getting the signature continuing to explain the point. One is about listening(OP) the other is about knowledge.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Discussing this topic with you might become slightly more meaningful if you addressed the points actually made in this thread.

No one said "all Obama supporters". Only you have.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by loam

Cool, so why not post up something with substance instead of this trash?

See how you and the video supporters are getting lots of stars, it's because it appeals to the blind Obama haters.

They're no different to the blind Obama lovers.

It's just that there are more haters on ATS than lovers.

That's fine, see I don't care either way, since I'm from Australia, I get to look at this without bias.

And all I can see is cherry picked footage to incite a particular reaction. And it's working!

Well...since you don't live here then why even voice an opinion on it? Since you don't care then why even get involved?

Now you have a handful of people on a thread stating that they think the people in the video are solely doing this because it has Obama's name tied with it and they are blindly signing a petition to remove their freedoms and you claim most of ATS blindly hate Obama.

I am very well informed and up to date on political topics and I hate Obama...not blindly but because I know what he promised and what he said which is a FAR cry from anything he has done. No blinders on here...he is one of the worst Presidents our country has ever had and is continuing to drive us into the ground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join