It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Radio- On Air Debates! Sign up Now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by beezzer

By all means. If you have an idea for the format, throw it out there. With your idea, would there be winners/losers, a point system or anything like that?

How would you do it Beezer?

I'd have a panel of mixed folks. Some on either side of the spectrum. You, as "moderator" throw out a topic.

ie;

Beezzer, Obama today signed into law that all people over 5 foot 3 have to get facial tattoos. What are your thoughts?

(Me and I have just 3 minutes) I think it's stupid. etc, etc.

Benevolent Heretic (for example) I think it's great! I think it will help the economy!

(Neo, for example) BH, you can't know what you're talking about!

. . . . . .

You: Next topic. . . Aliens with body piercings. . . Seabag, what are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So pretty much both of you want to do a "talk"-style of show, without the strict format of a debate?
edit on 10-7-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Personally I dont. It would be weird for us to have a discussion in a written debate forum setting. I think that this should be more or less those that choose to speak can, and others may at another point want to speak again, if someone new wants to come in to debate a particular subject. You can ask a member to come back.

ATS in my opinion is for copy/paste/links, but what we do not have often is a format where we can share our opinions as people, not just members. As far as the thread for the show we can add our links and any references that may back us up.

Remember that this is not like the weekly radio show (no offense you know I love you guys), but sometimes people do not call in because they have no opinion about the subjects discussed in the ATS radio show thread.

With this format we have a chance to discuss things that only callers/participants want to discuss so there will always be a show with members and subjects with discussion as we would all know what topics are coming up, and signing in for that show will mean that we want to participate.
Peace, NRE.

edit on 10-7-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

^^^^^^^

That.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I also thought that it would be awesome if we had a 1 question round where members (on a thread) can ask one question that all members on the show must answer, but the fun part is that it does not have to be conspiracy related, and the question will be randomly picked.

This will give listeners a personal view of those participating, make it fun, and of course more people will tune in to see if their question was asked during the show.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Ever watch The Five, on Fox?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ok,I got ya.

It would be incredibly easy to do something like that. All we would have to do is each of us pick some topics we like and we discuss/debate each one accordingly.

It only takes a few minutes to get on skype and I can record everything on my end.

But I'd like to get some feedback from the others as well. I want to make sure everyone agrees on the format before we start.

ETA: Does everyone have skype and a headset/mic?
edit on 10-7-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nope I had to look it up

I do think that this will do very well. I have been looking and sharing different formats for members for years, and no one was really willing to participate. This is a venue that can change ATS, how members share, and ATS can once again be the first to make members feel more welcome then any other website, as well can be far more ahead than any other site has come before.

Gotta give you guys Sheepslayer and ATS/ATS Staff and participants, a big thanks for this type of opportunity, and of course another thanks to Sheepslayer for letting us share our opinions

Peace, NRE.

Im done with my opinions

Maybe you can do a thread on BTS for some more feedback as well. Its going to be hard for some to participate but listeners are just as needed as participants.
And yes I have a mic, and I have to redownload Skype

Ill keep coming by and checking this thread for any future changes or updates.
edit on 10-7-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I can get the headset and mike.

I have Skype.

Am looking forward to what the others think.

And I hope we can get more people involved. The more people, the greater variety of perspective.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
NRE said:

My personal opinion is that we do a "talk show" type theme,

For those of us that are even daring to do this (as it terrifies me but its exciting), I think that listeners would prefer to have our honest opinions/gut feelings/opinions shared.

I can agree with that. No rehearsing, going in blind, and running on opinions. Read, "no scripting" in that. Prep, sure, pre-laid scripts, no.

beezzer said:

I'd have a panel of mixed folks. Some on either side of the spectrum. You, as "moderator" throw out a topic.

It'd make SS the "Host". Depending on how many people were logged into Skype at the time, he'd have his pick of who to direct questions to.

I've worked with SS in the past, and he has the knack. Full faith in his abilities to host.

NRE said:

With this format we have a chance to discuss things that only callers/participants want to discuss so there will always be a show with members and subjects with discussion as we would all know what topics are coming up, and signing in for that show will mean that we want to participate.

Well, it'd be pre-recorded, so you'd get to pick topics that we run with. We'd have the leisure of being able to coordinate a show.

Personally, I like the format of a "Presidential Debate". A "Host" presents a question, and the members give their position, within a time limit.

For example.....

The intro includes all members involved, and the HOST announces everyone. The HOST explains the topics at hand, (we'll be discussing A, B, and C topics) and then moves it along.

HOST: The topic is "Aliens using naval piercing as a method to control our youth". NRE, you have 3 minutes to respond.

NRE: Whatever she says......interrupted by the host if she rambles.

HOST: beezzer, you have 3 minutes to respond.

beezzer: Whatever he says......

HOST: Druid, you have 3 minutes.

Druid42: Whatever he says.......

(After all the participants have spoken.)

HOST: Any rebuttals? You have three minutes each.

(After the rebuttals.)

HOST: Ok, next topic. "Why is xyz is involved with abc's takeover of crop manipulation?" beezzer, you're first with three minutes to respond.

That's a rough scenario, but the idea is in there.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

hehehe
maybe get a group skype session together to discuss how it can be done
It doesn't have to be live, initially it can be a recorded debate podcast till teething is worked out. Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
We could try both formats -

But I think others are right when they feel a more relaxed talk panel, and even some fun elements added into the debates, would attract other members participation and more public traffic.

Debate can become heated, a speaker can run on too long, people loose their place - whose turn is it to speak their mind? I think that a moderator should always be appointed. They are there just to remind people they will have their turn to speak, keep track of time, and whose next up to talk points.

Cirque

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am here and ready to sign up. Count me in. Also I do like the idea of pre- recorded debates. We can even get sponsorship during the 'breaks'...

If this fly's, we can then consider doing video debates next.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ok, reading thread backwards as usual...

I did lose my headset/mic in house fire and never replaced. Can you guys remind me of which type I need, price and where to buy within the US? First debate, which headset/mic is best...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The idea presented here turned into Reality Remix, which is now on Episode 7

You can check it out tonight -- here's the show thread: ATS Live Radio Presents : Reality Remix #7

If it's something you might like to participate in, let us know!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'd be up for this. I've got all that I need.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Beezzer made fun of you in Episode 2, Intrepid... you need to get that bunny

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

adjensen

I don't hunt small game.

BAZZINGA.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

intrepid

adjensen

I don't hunt small game.

BAZZINGA.

lolololololololololol

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well Antar, Intrepid....interested? Have you checked out the Reality Remix Show?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join