It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you won the lottery???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
reply to post by inverslyproportional

What he said but tell the people the Lord gives and takes away.

Very nice, I am not religious....but yes, sublime even in your wisdom!!!!

Good show, wish more like you had the heart and brains to do what is actually right for the betterment of all men!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i would go hunting the 1% love to see how good the security is

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I would buy me a whore in congress.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
I would erect a huge hi-def cinema screen ( possibly 3D) with the biggest sound system in history across the road from my work.

I would then beam, live from my Swiss chateaux, myself playing the bongo drums 24/7 to the theme tune of Space 1999 wearing nothing except from a big ass afro wig, a pair of mirrored aviator shades and a Camberwell carrot.

ETA link to the music.

edit on 8-7-2013 by Knobby because: (no reason given)

Camberwell Carrot reference... Quality

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Move to France......

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I would go and buy a boat load of more lottery tickets

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

you buy the strip club,I'll show up with a truckload of ones! Maybe 5's..

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If I won the Lottery, my plans would depend upon my winnings. I have a grand plan that cost me $24 Million, which is

$16 million for 1200 acres of land
www.landwatch.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.landwatch.com... e/pid/232435751
$3 - 6 Million for digging out the old gravel pit and turning it into a lake
$2 Million to build my house
www.archivaldesigns.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.archivaldesigns.com...

But I do have a more down to earth plan that would only cost me $1-2 million to carry out.

But one can dream.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

sue the IRS for stealing from me..

buy silver & gold

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I would buy a modest house with more land than I currently have. I would keep my car. Probably wouldn't change my lifestyle to much. My kids college would be paid for, and then I would open up my own business that would provide many jobs and encourage more jobs in the U.S. I have it all planned out, the only thing I lack is the start up funds.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just not imaginative enough, but I don't see my lifestyle changing much. I'd even keep my current job; I like what I do that much. I'd buy a nice house, and pay off all my bills, as well as my mother in law's house, but beyond that the biggest change would probably be the size of my comic book collection. Dream big, right?

I would also randomly give away money, especially if I could keep off the radar about it. I wouldn't want it to be known that I was the one paying off bar/restaurant tabs, flyering a parking lot with $100 bills on windshields, or going Oprah on a video game store (you're getting a playstation, you're getting a playstation, eeevvverybody's getting a playstation!).

By the way, I'm a bit disappointed that we're four pages into this thread without an Office Space reference. What would you do if you had a million dollars? .....

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ahhh, I've been planning on winning the lotto! So I'm well prepared!

Like most here, I'd make sure mum and dad were all squared away. Unless I won a monstrous amount, they would likely not want to leave their small but charming house, so I'd fix it up inside and out, get them the safest cars, and ensure they could enjoy their golden years.

I'd reach out to my family members who don't have relationships with us (looonngg story) and figure money might get the door opened and a dialogue started at least.

I'd set up trust funds for my kids, get them each the safest car on the planet, and invite them to go on a vacation to the beach.

I would head to an eco-friendly detox spa and jumpstart my health for a month somewhere warm and near the sea.

Probably just fix up the house and yard, get a safe car for myself, and start several nonprofits to support mentally ill, kids who graduate from the foster system and have no real family; self esteem and practical workshops for moms who are struggling financially; support my favorite wolf sanctuary and clean water group.

I'd start my own multimedia publishing company, focused on materials related to spiritual growth, self awareness/self help -- and publish my own books as well.

Live a quiet life in the country someday, in a small, off the grid home, with a couple dogs and cats, with days filled with long walks, yoga and tai chi, organic foods, meditation, poetry, good books, sketching, friends and kayaking. An occasional jaunt to a spiritual or historically significant place, or places of great natural beauty. I've got a list in writing, as I await the day my lotto winnings arrive
No need to travel first class -- just reasonably comfortably -- as I'd really want to get to know a place and her people.

If some crazy powerball amount where the funds were too much to fathom, I guess I'd simply start a foundation to manage the wealth to help people and animals. And, I'd trade my little house off in the wilds and instead buy a huge spread and develop an intentional, ecofriendly community.

Most of all, it would be great to not spend my days commuting and working at a desk, so far from the outdoors, and for so many hours that I barely have time to do much else in life. It's less about what money can buy, and more about having "freedom" to live.

Okay, enough dreaming for now.

edit on 8-7-2013 by Galadriel because: can't spell

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I'd use it to help people.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I would fly out to Hawaii and rent a house for a couple of months to figure out what to do.

Depending on how much;

1. Pay off debt
2. Pay off family debt (mortgages, school loans, set up college funds)
3. Buy a house in Sedona, AZ (with lots of room and a telescope)
4. Buy a house in Montana (ranch with a runway and plane)
5. Give away all my cars and buy new ones
6. Set up non-profit to help people (doing what, not sure)
7. Learn to fly

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I would swing by the folks posting in this thread, and buy them each a days meal. For $1.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I would create my own lottery!

I would then donate a large ammount of money to homelessness.

Then I would visit every haunted house in America. Then I would retire to a nice cottage by the sea, and just live.

edit on 25-9-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1
I would create my own lottery!

I would then donate a large ammount of money to homelessness.

Then I would visit every haunted house in America. Then I would retire to a nice cottage by the sea, and just live.

edit on 25-9-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

after spending $1/day feeding those folks, I will have plenty of cash left to buy the land adjacent to yours and put in a strip mall.

Just because.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Make sure there is a sushi bar in that strip mall and you can do what ever you want...oh wait I will just buy it and spike it into nothingness.

My richness will allow me to play with dark matter...so nah!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join