It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you won the lottery???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Lets say you won the lottery, and money was no longer an object for you. What are some things you'd go and do in life?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
Lets say you won the lottery, and money was no longer an object for you. What are some things you'd go and do in life?

Walk around all day every single day, just handing out money to the folks......."here let me buy those groceries for you" " I got your gas man, fill it up" " here is $100, make sure your kids get to ride everything they want at the fair" " yes, I would like to pay off all the layaways for Christmas" " hey buddy you look like your having a bad day, money wont buy you happiness, but I bet this $500 wont hurt things."

You know, the things all these loser rich MOFOs aught to be doing with their money but don't.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

wow someone's got a chip on their shoulder

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I'd pay off my parents debts and buy them a ranch.
I'd pay off my in-laws home and make sure they had a comfortable retirement as well.

I'd buy a extended cab jeep for traveling cross country and a lifetime pass to the National Parks. I'd travel, write, play music, sightsee, photograph America in all it's beauty and visit all the curious tourist attractions (worlds largest ball of twine, here i come!
)

I'd also hand out money to those I see in genuine need, like the poster above...and donate anonymously to various charities in good standing.
edit on 7/8/13 by GENERAL EYES because: keyboard dyslexia

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Great thread idea, OP!

S&F for you!

ETA

I would pay off debt. Buy a new truck. Go back to school for fun. Renovate the house.

AND if I won enough I would buy the Cincinnati Reds. My dream, lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
reply to post by inverslyproportional

wow someone's got a chip on their shoulder

Well Spartacus you did ask didn't you?

I would probably do the same thing for a week and then be totally selfish and think of myself and all my loved ones afterwards and do whatever comes to my mind at the moment (although of course i would invest in property as a first option for future generations!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 8-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I would erect a huge hi-def cinema screen ( possibly 3D) with the biggest sound system in history across the road from my work.

I would then beam, live from my Swiss chateaux, myself playing the bongo drums 24/7 to the theme tune of Space 1999 wearing nothing except from a big ass afro wig, a pair of mirrored aviator shades and a Camberwell carrot.

ETA link to the music.

edit on 8-7-2013 by Knobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Get a Research team for Terra forming and Biodome.

Build a Space Shuttle.

Go to Mars.

Colonize.

I already give money to the poor and charity and help my parents, so no changes there.

edit on 7/8/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/8/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Buy this house I would like out schaefer lake , the big monon section , approx 500,000. , windmill and solar panels on the roof off the pole barn , approx 200;000 , set up a large aquaponics farm inside of pole barn, and I would buy an ICON A5 airplane, approx 150,000; and a really nice pickup truck 50,000.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Probably buy a strip club

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Depends on the jackpot, but generally.....

I'd pay off debts.
Get a house my mother could live in.
Get a house my mother in law could live in.
Give my friends some seed money to chase their own dreams.
Give my stepkids some seed money to chase their own dreams.
Make improvements to our ranch (add a pool, new fencing, etc.)
Buy the land behind us (more pasture space and riding area)
Make our ranch off the grid (solar/wind power, etc.)
Make our ranch a prepper's wet dream.

New truck, new sportscar for the wife, and a nice luxury sedan.
A nice boat (sail and motor, that could sleep six).
A nice RV.
Family would take some trips.
Money in the bank
Some money invested into high paying interest methods.
Some savings converted to actual gold (not on paper, but actual gold).

There are a lot of people that would benefit if I won.

edit on 8-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I can say that I Have Won the lottery and it Ain't No Big thing. People say they would do this and do that with the money but it spends much quicker than you can image.

The day I won I went on a spending spree 'cause I just couldn't help myself. But I am here to tell ya that after 45 minutes I was already $60 bucks in the hole because that $100 bucks went way too fast.

P.S.. . and I made myself a personal promise after that.. . If I ever won the lottery again I would .. .. . .. make sure my spending spree didn't exceed what I had won. .. .
edit on 8-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

after taking care of imediate family and close friends, i would all but disappear. i would build the most energy efficient home in the lower hills of the coastal range. i would purchase some gold and silver and a safe to house it in.

then lead a quiet life.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'd buy my way into being an ATS Moderator.

Seriously though, i would probably buy some island in the Pacific and move out there with my family. Would be awesome!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You would be able to find me in a comatose state every night, on some carpet. This carpet could be located in my residence, or someone else's...

Failing that, I would be located in the bathroom, attempting to converse with God on the large white telephone located in that room especially for that purpose.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wait until the next tax year to cash in the winnings.
Pay the taxes.
Move to a retirement haven with all the money that's left.
Thumb my nose at the IRS for the rest of my life.
Live Long & Prosper!

But then again, I've got no kids, no dependents and no family.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
That is such a tough question...the only real answer I can give you is I'd never work again.

...buy a house in the boonies with solar and wind power a nice garden, water well, bury a few million
in gold and silver bullion (just in case) and sit my butt on the couch....oh, I'd sleep ALOT

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
After buying my son and his family a house with no mortgage and taking care of my Dad and other family members.... I would drive as fast as I could to my local animal shelter and bring home every animal in there and supply them with party hats and a nice assortment of heathly foods and pamper them to no end and give them whatever they needed and we would all live happily ever after together!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'd probably have a heart attack. You should be Asking my wife what she would do with the lottery money after I died.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

OMG! Pay all my bills.

Take a break for a month or so.

Go to Disneyworld for a week or two.

Plan out a trip to Europe.
Maybe 6-9 months in Italy. come home. do it again and go to germany during october fest.
Again to france. learn the languages during that time.

Just have fun and learn something new.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join