It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US ready to put weapons in space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
America has begun preparing its next military objective - space. Documents reveal that the US Air Force has for the first time adopted a doctrine to establish 'space superiority'. to read more click the link.

www.guardian.co.uk...

sorry if this was already posted

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
it doesnt surprise me at all. It seems like our government wants to arm themselves in every possible way imaginable. The only question now is, where are the next weapons station gonna be? The moon?(if not already)

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They might put missles or nuclear warheads in satellites and have them hover over Earth. So basically, the countries could be attacked from space if the situation was dire. My only problem is that we can be really screwed if terrorists or some evil people get their hands on the controls for satellites like these...it could be very ugly.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If they shoot down a UFO it's over for earth. That's all I have to say...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324

lol

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It appears these "space weapons" are also there for the purpose of taking down enemy satellites and therefore taking down a good amount of their communication potential. Of course that would only really be useful for countries that rely on satellites. (IE no third world countries or rouge military groups)

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324

Do you mean it has nothing to do there?
In the "government/people in power"�s way of thinking I can understand that rhetoric. A hostile visitor wouldn�t be stopped by this kind of weapon if they were hellbent on attacking/forcing their will upon us.
This could only disrupt a benign visitor, which human kind in general could benefit from, not the dark farces controling earth though. And they are the ones pushing the weaponization of space IMO.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sarcasimo
It appears these "space weapons" are also there for the purpose of taking down enemy satellites and therefore taking down a good amount of their communication potential. Of course that would only really be useful for countries that rely on satellites. (IE no third world countries or rouge military groups)

Assuming we don't shoot down one of our own satellites first.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAWrestler
Assuming we don't shoot down one of our own satellites first.

True. Very true.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthman
America has begun preparing its next military objective - space. Documents reveal that the US Air Force has for the first time adopted a doctrine to establish 'space superiority'. to read more click the link.

www.guardian.co.uk...

sorry if this was already posted

You can almost be certain that when the governments of the world announce some future goal, it is when it is already well established and even passe to their internal information. Projecting out into the future is often a code word for the following:

1. What the government already has ready to deploy
2. What the government wants other governments to think they have
3. What is already out they and is fully operational

Take "Star Wars," for example. The United States government tested nuclear missiles into the Van Allen Belt in the early 1960s from Johnston Island. The resultant "ionization field effect, as Dr. Helen Caldicott puts it, knocked out electronics, street lights as far away as Honolulu. The object of that exercise was obviously in today's understanding, to deploy a missile shield against a Soviet first strike scenario. The reason for it was more to give time for a second strike capability, rather than to overwhelm their attack completely. In some limited way or even more comprehensively, the Reagan "Star Wars," project was or must have been just such a trial baloon as outlined above. It was stating what we already had, as a projection into the future. Why else would the Soviets have been so responsive and apprehensive of it all?

[edit on 11-11-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
As someone who actually worked on "star wars", I can say, that yes we most definately have a great many programs already years in the making.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Isnt it illigal?

I thought the UN or so passed an act to stop this kind of thing

was something about countires on earth not allowed to "militarise" space (as several can)

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Crash]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'd wager that we've had missile-based defensive satellites up there since the Reagan presidency...we're just now upgrading by adding some HELs....

So does Russia, though theirs are more to kill other satellites.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Yes, I figured the US already had weapons in space. Maybe by announcing that they plan to put them up means they now are ready and intend to use them.

Also, if a UFO whizzes by it'll be the first thing shot down. Thats one of the main reasons those weapons are up there!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Funny how you never hear much in the mainstream media about this. Just little snippets like your link. Here's some good docs.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I saw in the early 90's what appeared to be a test of satellite based weapons used to attack other satellites. I saw 2 satellites move in close proximity to each other. One appeared to shoot at the other, I saw a red light go towards the other satellite and then the 2nd satellite shot at the first with a green light. This happened 3 times each and then stopped. I did not see one of the satellites after the 3rd round.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
As someone who actually worked on "star wars", I can say, that yes we most definately have a great many programs already years in the making.

Hey, I'm new to the board, and am very interested in this stuff, thats pretty much why I joined the board. I want to learn more about topics such as these and others as well. The reason why quoted Jadette was because I wanna know more about "Star Wars". what exactly did you work on and what do we have already deployed that nobody knows about if anything at all has been deployed.(hopefully you can shed some light on this and confirm what some people speculate about "Star Wars".)

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Is this similar to SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative)?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalfan87

Originally posted by Jadette

Hey, I'm new to the board, and am very interested in this stuff, thats pretty much why I joined the board. I want to learn more about topics such as these and others as well. The reason why quoted Jadette was because I wanna know more about "Star Wars". what exactly did you work on and what do we have already deployed that nobody knows about if anything at all has been deployed.(hopefully you can shed some light on this and confirm what some people speculate about "Star Wars".)

Well, I worked on ARIES, ERIS, BEAR and SPEAR.

www.astronautix.com...

www.designation-systems.net...

www.physics.nps.navy.mil...

www.physics.nps.navy.mil...

www.ece.umd.edu...

Most of what I worked on was very uninteresting, kinetic energy missiles. But BEAR was a particle beam accelerator. There were several programs that were developing directed lasers and particle beams.

There was also Brilliant Pebbles, which was a space based weapon.

I don't have any secret 'leet info, unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
"1996 Jul 9 - Launch Site: Wallops Island . Launch Vehicle: Aries. Model: Aries. LV Configuration: Aries ABIE-TLV.
Agency: USAF SMC. Apogee: 300 km.
The Airborne Interceptor Experiment) was designed to demonstrate the feasibility of intercepting enemy theater ballistic missiles during early-boost. The Aries Target Launch Vehicle was launched from Wallops Island, flying a boost trajectory similar to a real theater ballistic missile. The missile was detected and tracked by Air Force F-15s, Navy F-14s, an Air Force infrared sensor tracking platform and by fleet surface ships of the US Atlantic Command. The data collected was used to develop an air-launched anti-ballistic missile system. "

www.astronautix.com...

This is really interesting... were they successful in developing a anti- ballistic missile program using F-15's and F-14's?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join