It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some good ice-breakers in talking with strangers???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
What I do is that I like to joke around and ask questions. Like I compliant strangers about their clothes, etc. Which in return starts a more positive conversation that most people respect.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

If you have a wild-growing neck beard like me, you can just forget it! Nobody will want to talk to you

So, step 1) shave the neck beard.

Otherwise, I usually try to make jokes on the situation at hand--like if you're waiting in line with someone. I like to make humorous observations. (In truth, I have found that a lot of people don't respond to it. However, when I do meet the person who responds to my sense of humor, it'll be awesome
)

edit on 9-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
-How much does a polar bear weigh?
.....enough to break the ice.

-Hey, does this napkin smell like chloroform to you?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
fart loudly and say I think someone rang your door bell.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think like the one fellow said; I don't like small talk that usually I know it won't amount to anything anyway. Or at least I guess I tend to think it won't. I shouldn't do that but I do. I suppose I shouldn't do that but rather just look at any short dialog might reveal some meaning to me. Like maybe it's just small talk but they recommend a resturant or show near by, or maybe I have an opportunity to tell them about something interesting; even if I don't make friends with them.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I cant say as I am one to be shy, hard to be a bar owner if I was, but one thing I have found to be a good ice breaker silly as it sounds is to ask if they've ever seen a ufo or a ghost. You'd be amazed at some of the answers you get. If they say no to both ask if they believe in either. Sometimes the weird topics seem to go a little further

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You just don't need icebreaker all the time. If the person is interested in profile and looks, he/she will definitely show interest in chatting with you. There are many sites that just pay girls to chat with strangers. These sites like omegle are the perfect example of it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join