It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some good ice-breakers in talking with strangers???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
What I do is that I like to joke around and ask questions. Like I compliant strangers about their clothes, etc. Which in return starts a more positive conversation that most people respect.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

If you have a wild-growing neck beard like me, you can just forget it! Nobody will want to talk to you

So, step 1) shave the neck beard.

Otherwise, I usually try to make jokes on the situation at hand--like if you're waiting in line with someone. I like to make humorous observations. (In truth, I have found that a lot of people don't respond to it. However, when I do meet the person who responds to my sense of humor, it'll be awesome
)

edit on 9-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
-How much does a polar bear weigh?
.....enough to break the ice.

-Hey, does this napkin smell like chloroform to you?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
fart loudly and say I think someone rang your door bell.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think like the one fellow said; I don't like small talk that usually I know it won't amount to anything anyway. Or at least I guess I tend to think it won't. I shouldn't do that but I do. I suppose I shouldn't do that but rather just look at any short dialog might reveal some meaning to me. Like maybe it's just small talk but they recommend a resturant or show near by, or maybe I have an opportunity to tell them about something interesting; even if I don't make friends with them.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I cant say as I am one to be shy, hard to be a bar owner if I was, but one thing I have found to be a good ice breaker silly as it sounds is to ask if they've ever seen a ufo or a ghost. You'd be amazed at some of the answers you get. If they say no to both ask if they believe in either. Sometimes the weird topics seem to go a little further

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join