It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Purging Bin Laden Raid Records

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Pentagon Purging Bin Laden Raid Records

www.huffingtonpost.com

The nation's top special operations commander ordered military files about the Navy SEAL raid on Osama bin Laden's hideout to be purged from Defense Department computers and sent to the CIA, where they could be more easily shielded from ever being made public.

The secret move, described briefly in a draft report by the Pentagon's inspector general, set off no alarms within the Obama administration even though it appears to have sidestepped federal rules and perhaps also the Freedom of Information Act.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
In case you were doubting the Obama administration's claims that a SEAL raid killed Bin Laden and that he was bured at sea, now there is this news item. The Pentagon is destroying all its records on the matter and moving the files over to the CIA, where they will be much better sheltered from any public scrutiny EVER, even though it is likely against FOIA and illegal.

Never thought I'd be citing Fox News as a secondary source, but that is how corrupt and lame the MSM has become, as very few news services are reporting this story.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-7-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
They aren't destroying the information, it's being moved to the CIA for storage.

But, other than that, yea, this is a dirty move. FOIA should be allowed on this incident. I know that some doubt that Bin Laden has been killed as the administration said. No new audio or video recordings of Bin Laden have been released so it gives credence to the official statement.

If Bin Laden didn't die, Bin Laden would have released something fast to tell the world that he was still alive. Doing that would have broken all faith in the war on terror and shattered confidence in the USA.

But yes, it's a dirty move, there is something that doesn't sound right about the whole thing. One of the greatest victories in the war on terror is being hidden from public eyes.

My guess is that Bin Laden tried to surrender, but that wasn't going to happen because Bin Laden being captured would have led to an ICC trial where he may have implicated the United States in the 9/11 plan.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Someone beat you to it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No new audio or video recordings of Bin Laden have been released so it gives credence to the official statement.

No audio or video recordings of Bin Laden post 9/11 have ever been verified as being real. They stopped showing the tapes because supposedly he could have used them to send secret, coded messages. (Like what? He pulls on his ear, that means, attack Poughkeepise?) No, the fact was that people were starting to point out how different he looked and sounded in these things, and the average person now has more tools and abilities to dissect and analyze things like this.

Of course, we kept getting assurances that OBL was still making recordings, and the translations were being helpfully provided by pro-Israeli sources. The messages always reinforced the pro-war hawk talking points by encouraging their opposite, leading the average FOX watcher exactly where the Administration wanted them.

If Bin Laden didn't die, Bin Laden would have released something fast to tell the world that he was still alive.

Unless, of course, he died of kidney failure 10 years ago, like the rest of the world thinks, and the tapes were frauds to keep the anti-Muslim war going.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
They aren't destroying the information, it's being moved to the CIA for storage.

But, other than that, yea, this is a dirty move. FOIA should be allowed on this incident. I know that some doubt that Bin Laden has been killed as the administration said. No new audio or video recordings of Bin Laden have been released so it gives credence to the official statement.

If Bin Laden didn't die, Bin Laden would have released something fast to tell the world that he was still alive. Doing that would have broken all faith in the war on terror and shattered confidence in the USA.

But yes, it's a dirty move, there is something that doesn't sound right about the whole thing. One of the greatest victories in the war on terror is being hidden from public eyes.

My guess is that Bin Laden tried to surrender, but that wasn't going to happen because Bin Laden being captured would have led to an ICC trial where he may have implicated the United States in the 9/11 plan.

The Pentagon is purging (eliminating) its copies of the records and moving the only copy or copies over to the CIA, which apparently is not as susceptible to FOIA requests; thus they are essentially destroying the information as far as it ever being revealed to the public is concerned . In the same article it says that the Pentagon claims it has "lost" Bin Laden's autopsy report.

As for what Bin Laden would have done if he wasn't killed in the raid, chances are very good that he died long before this. I've long suspected that some of the past Bin Laden tapes were manufactured by the CIA or some other US agency, in order to keep the boogey man alive and thus continue use to fear to influence the electorate.and to justify the continuing of the war on terror. Benezir Bhutto said in an interview that he died years ago and she has since been assassinated.

Imagine if the US government early on had said: Mission accomplished, we got Bin Laden and just about all the Al Queda leadership. That wouldn't be any fun or profitable for the military and intelligence agencies, the TSA or the military and intelligence contractors.

Why Obama ran the sham Obama killin' raid is puzzling unless he and his inner circle decided that they'd better wrap up the ongoing Bin Laden hoax, otherwise the cat would sooner or later be let out of the bag and the US would be made to look foolish, in particular Obama, who said it was his top priority to get Bin Laden.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Let's cut the crap here, they're destroying all the records because they are LIARS, plain and simple

To put as a simile, it's like the kid who has chocolate over his face and the thought that just because he discarded the wrapper, it makes the evidence disappear

edit on 8-7-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Gotta agree:

Destroying records, 'moving them to the CIA'

The mafia style burial at sea.

No American has seen any proof what so ever of Bin Laden's death.

Just the 'word' of the administration.

The kicker 'The most transparent admin is Us history'.

What a joke.
edit on 8-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

As for what Bin Laden would have done if he wasn't killed in the raid, chances are very good that he died long before this. I've long suspected that some of the past Bin Laden tapes were manufactured by the CIA or some other US agency, in order to keep the boogey man alive and thus continue use to fear to influence the electorate.and to justify the continuing of the war on terror. Benezir Bhutto said in an interview that he died years ago and she has since been assassinated.

Well, somebody pointed out that all the tapes were taken before 1996. Pointing out, that on some tapes he was younger, than when it all started.

I suspect there is something to that story ... at least, this guys appearance was utterly suspicious. Whenever public opinion was starting to threaten the war effort ... Mr. OBL magically appeared on TV, to give support to Saddam, Ghaddaffi or whoever ... just in time, to save the war effort.

Anyone who thinks he wasn't being used as an asset ... i

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Some people don't even believe he was a real person. A created personality for the CIA to have a scapegoat... Plus it makes the "war on terror" more believeable...

*Tinfoil hat on*

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The entire Abbottabad story was meant to change the topic from Obama's failures, and make it look like Obama is some kind of gunslinger for the good guys. What a crock.

It was nothing but a PR coup for the White House, with half the country or more actually believing the tale.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There's nothing particularly strange about any organization moving records to more secure storage.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by neo96

Some people don't even believe he was a real person. A created personality for the CIA to have a scapegoat... Plus it makes the "war on terror" more believeable...

*Tinfoil hat on*

-SAP-

some people believe that obama played the role of osama.
he only went and 'killed' his self!

they do like their irony. served delicious.

hats off to them.

edit on 8-7-2013 by TopsyTurvyOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
There's nothing particularly strange about any organization moving records to more secure storage.

it is when it is the Pentagon doing so and moving them all outside of the Pentagon's jurisdiction. The SEALs are part of the Pentagon. They are not a branch of the CIA. The records of missions involving them should remain in the Pentagon.

Are you then saying that all US government records should be moved over to the CIA and all other copies purged in order to better protect them? -- and I by protect, I mean protect from ever being viewed publically.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

it is when it is the Pentagon doing so and moving them all outside of the Pentagon's jurisdiction. The SEALs are part of the Pentagon. They are not a branch of the CIA. The records of missions involving them should remain in the Pentagon.

Are you then saying that all US government records should be moved over to the CIA and all other copies purged in order to better protect them? -- and I by protect, I mean protect from ever being viewed publically.

What he's saying is that just about every government agency has records stored with the CIA. That's fact... even the government agency I work for does. The only reason you're hearing about this is because the name Bin Laden is on the paperwork.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
why would they wan2 keep the documents?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

What's Bin Laden secrets compared to things like Greada Treaty.

Murder
Manipulation
Genetic experimentation
Financial Plunder
Political Subterfuge
Abductions
Torture

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Furthermore, the raid was a military operation which keeps it in the realm of the Pentagon. Personally, I think the data was moved to protect it from possible whistleblowers within the Pentagon....this administration knows the military distrusts it and won't necessarily guard a secret that would potentially take it down.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So no picture of the big fish he caught after all : ( ??

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wills120
Personally, I think the data was moved to protect it from possible whistleblowers within the Pentagon....

Did you get that from the bit of the report that says that's exactly why they are doing it??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join