It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Bin Laden raid files purged from Pentagon computers, sent to CIA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Also, is there any proof Pakistan or China acquired any intel off the downed modified Black Hawk? Numerous accounts state that the helicopter was blown up specifically for that reason. This aircraft was unknown to the public before the raid, and for all we know may have been brand new, and possibly susceptible to malfunction. They used it apparently because of it's stealth capabilities since we were essentially invading a sovereign nation.

At the end of the day, who had anything to gain from a fake raid? Obama did, but based on our nations history, the secret would have gotten out and caused much more irreparable damage than good.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by watchitburn
Well, isn't this convenient....

The nation’s top special operations commander ordered military files about the Navy SEAL raid on Osama bin Laden’s hideout to be purged from Defense Department computers and sent to the CIA, where they could be more easily shielded from ever being made public.

It would seem that the public will never know what really happened during the alleged Bin Laden raid. Well, except in Govt. sponsored movies that is.

This is such a farce, it boggles the mind.

There are so many questions, loose ends, and inconsistencies surrounding this raid.

How does a top secret stealth helicopter get shot down/or just crash during a raid in the middle of the night?
Then it just gets left there, and we let Pakistan let the Chinese study it?
How do you screw up a raid that you had a whole year to plan?
Why do we wait a year to get Bin Laden in the first place?
Why was his body dumped in the ocean?
How did the image of him dead get leaked?
Why was the Govt. working with Hollywood to make a movie?

My opinion:
The "raid" was something else entirely, that went horribly wrong. It was such a mess that some type of news had to be released to cover up this epic fail. It had to be big enough to overshadow any screw-ups.

Trot out the Bin Laden story!

Obama gets a boost in approval ratings, everyone gets promoted. And any record of the event is locked away for "our own protection" of course, under the catch all of National Security.

Everybody wins.
Except us, but we don't matter.

Edit:
Sorry, forgot the source.
Washington Post

edit on 8-7-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

Didn't Obama originally run in 2008 on the platform that his administration(s) would be based on transparency? Between this, Benghazi, domestic surveillance, etc. , this has been, without a doubt, the most secretive administrations ever in my lifetime.

didn't obama play the role of osama?

some certainly believe so.

this is all make-believe theatre of the absurd.

we need to get up off of our intellectual arses and leave the arena
in which they (quite legally i am sure) have constructed for us to play out their game.

they rule by implied consent which all of us unwittingly give (by not overly and
personally objecting on the grounds of our individual and unalienable sovereignty).
the main stream media (which is bought and sold) is under no legal obligation to report
truth and only truth. and most of what we see and hear and have seen and heard from
them is outright lies on top of blatant fabrications.

we can all start the needed objectioning by disowning our strawman. www.yourstrawman.com.
it now becomes a moral obligation to do so.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Is the US decision's in response to this news:

Leaked Pakistan report details bin Laden's secret life ?

I have been out of the loop today, but the above link was one of the headlines I spotted on Google news..

The article references this release by Al Jazeera :

release

Which came first? the release or the US response to move the files under the CIA carpet?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Good find,

That's very interesting, and hilariously disappointing.
If that report is to be believed, OBL spent 9 years hanging out in that compound with all the assets of the US govt. scouring the world. and it took that long to find him.

Lies or incompetence...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Or there was no actual effort made to find him, despite the claims otherwise, wonder who would benefit by having the boogeyman on the loose?

Are some answers to those questions being moved by our own government to avoid disclosure?

It's not even shocking news these days to see our own government scattering like roaches when some hint of light is shined on their collective disregard to do as they please, how they please, founding principles of our Republic be damned.

OH look@!!@! A plane crashed! 24/7 coverage!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
CIA/Bin Laden/ all equals this video in my opinion only......Spin baby spin it.
www.youtube.com...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You have to ask is FOIA a joke in itself. Speculating on intelligence or the lack of it is just muddying the waters, with no one particularly worried about a has been, (if he ever was a real something formidable) So what!
NTCT is the umbrella group that CIA is part of and has access to the CIA and NSA and the rest, in layman's terms that would be called file sharing

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I don't truly believe in many conspiracy theories, even though they're fun to read
. That being said I wouldn't be surprised at all if OBL was actually captured alive while the public was told he was killed. That would give them free reign to use whatever methods of interrogation they wanted to in order to extract info from him. Keep him in the most secure location they can find, use whatever means necessary to break the man and he would be an immensely valuable asset in their eyes. Then dispose of him once he was no longer needed... no pesky trials or interrogation rules to follow.

He was an extremely high profile target, if captured publicly there would be intense scrutiny on his condition and whereabouts. Turn him into a non-person and that problem goes away.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Is the US decision's in response to this news:

Leaked Pakistan report details bin Laden's secret life ?

I have been out of the loop today, but the above link was one of the headlines I spotted on Google news..

The article references this release by Al Jazeera :

release

Which came first?

Good question,,since those articles wish to confirm the official story that Bin Laden was alive & well in Pakistan getting speeding tickets ,,,you do the math
,,,,,if the official story is true, why go too all the trouble to hide so much of it.. Most likely these articles confirming he was in Pakistan were released the same day to help confuse the issue of the purging of the operational records

edit on 8-7-2013 by Ostracized because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Of course those who planned the raid don`t want the general public to know the finer details of what happened. I am sure that something went really wrong with that operation. Maybe they were not as prepared as they thought they were. Perhaps, the people they attempted to go after were ready for it and things got really messy suddenly and chose took over. Judging from the facts that we do know, it appears someone screwed up big time and it needs to be covered up quickly.

It is much easier for the CIA to refuse a FOIA than the DOD or the state department. Now the files are in the hands of the CIA for safe keeping. It is going to take a very brave whistle blower to get those files into the light of day. I am only image how paranoid people working for the CIA must be. Even if someone does know something illegal or really bad is happening, they also know the danger involved in exposing it. Just look at Edward Snowden as a good example. The US government wants to kill him very badly. He is now living a life of constant danger and will never be safe for the rest of his life. I think to really pull off a Bin Laden raid leak someone would need the help of another government brave enough to take on the US. There are not many nations willing to do that in the currently global political environment.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Does anyone remember in about 1999 or 2000 (between Clinton and Bush) when there was a hot rumor floating around that they deleted tons (terrabytes worth) of intelligence data (Echelon) related to Iraq and terrorism in general in a massive purge?b I believe Lawrence Wilkerson (Colin Powell's aide) was linked to the story somehow, either in leaking it or participating in the purge or both. Or maybe this was in a parallel universe or I dreamed it because I sort of remember this being a big topic here but I sure as hell can't find anything about it now, here or anywhere. Weird.

My real point being. This purging doesn't surprise me in the least. SOP.

edit on 7/8/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

This is such a farce, it boggles the mind.

There are so many questions, loose ends, and inconsistencies surrounding this raid.

How does a top secret stealth helicopter get shot down/or just crash during a raid in the middle of the night?

So what's the big deal? You mean stealth means total invincibility? Wrong!

Again, you're shooting from the hip! It didn't get 'left' there. The Seals blew it up with explosives so that top secret technology doesn't fall into Pakistan's/Chinese hands. Except for the paint and some nondescript stuff nothing of importance fell into their hands.

Murphy's law states: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

Check out your question above.

It wasn't 'dumped'! It was lowered into the ocean - a water burial. This was done to keep the body away from possible grave diggers on land which would have had to be secured 24x7 for just such an eventuality.

It didn't!

Says who?

My opinion:
The "raid" was something else entirely, that went horribly wrong. It was such a mess that some type of news had to be released to cover up this epic fail. It had to be big enough to overshadow any screw-ups.

It didn't go 'horribly wrong' as you mention! It just didn't completely go according to plan. There were a few screw-ups but that would happen during even the best planned operations.

Obama gets a boost in approval ratings, everyone gets promoted. And any record of the event is locked away for "our own protection" of course, under the catch all of National Security.

No comments.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

And Smurfy's law says that anything that might go wrong, did go wrong, because it was meant to..pure Hollywood!

I'm so glad you have givern us all the facts on what happened, and guess what? they match up exactly with the official version. That's it all done and dusted, no need even to disappear files

edit on 9-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

*snip*

My opinion:

Trot out the Bin Laden story!

*snip*

I figure the helicopter was a gift, sent in to "crash" so that people a certain person supports could get the tech.

The "raid" seems like something else entirely, OR, possibly, a raid that those at the top knew was a farce, but those on site thought was real. Doubles, after all, are common.

I think they got him ages ago.

See the above. A body on ice would show signs, when examined. A double would have the wrong DNA. They had to dump it, to cover the lies.

The leak was to promote the propaganda. Maybe they took lessons from the Soviets?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
What was leaked? I remember that guy who leaked docs, but regarding this Osama thing what was leaked about the true story?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You're probably right on all topics, issues, and occurrences in regards to this government and all it's operations. As a former member of the armed services I chuckled a little when I read your post and felt obligated to chime in

From what I understood, I may be wrong, the cause of the crash was a mechanical issue upon landing, perhaps a tail rotor issue? I had to chime in on this question of yours because, like all military equipment, even top secret and stealth helicopters are built by contractors who bid the lowest. Gotta love that MILSPEC!
Crap is crap is crap.

In all fairness to the mediocre job performed that morning, despite nearly a years preparation time, they obviously did a mediocre job detonating the remaining helicopter, clearing leaving enough of the tail rotor section to be photographed, studied, and reversed engineered by the Pakistanis and Chinese.

This is the United States government we're talking about

Some accounts have stated that the government waited Two Years before moving on intelligence that OBL was there.

Didn't the DoD claim some non-existent and/or obscure Muslim burial rite?

There were so many fake internet pics. I'm not certain I even viewed his death pic.

I think we can all argue plausible and practical reasons the gov't would want to 'strike first' with a movie containing this topic matter, most likely to spread as much disinformation as possible, would be my guess.

A spot on interpretation! I was actually in Norfolk, Va drinking in a bar when President Obama made the OBL announcement. Actually, I was in Portsmouth. It was a pretty surreal experience, especially being in a US Navy town, close to the home of Seal Team 6.

Everybody wins. Everybody except us, but that doesn't matter.

Again, Spot On assessment.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Answer: IT wasn't top secret, It was a modified Black hawk. The reason it crashed was easy, a helo needs stable air to fly, when they crossed the wall into the compound the high walls created a down draft and cased the craft to destabilize thus the crash.

Answer: It was left there because it was a black hawk, nothing more and it was blown in place. not much left I read. could be wrong on the amount left, but still a black hawk.

Answer: All carefully laid plans fall to # the first time the bullets fly.

Answer: They had to be sure it was him, and even when they gave the mission a "GO" they still where not a 100% it was him in the first place. So, it was a big risk big reward type deal.

Answer: So they could not worship where he was buried. Seems pretty logical to me. Yet that is just me.

Answer: I thought that they would not release it and the one that is out is faked, not sure tho will have to look it up.

Answer: They work with holly wood a lot. Not just any special movie, there is a whole unit dedicated to working with them.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If the raid was a fake, they could as easily have faked the files on it and made it public. That would only help to make it more plausible.

I don't see any relation between this news item and the raid being faked. Its pretty much neutral on the idea that the raid was faked.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
If the government has nothing to hide......

The whole raid is bogus. There is only one living member from the SEAL Team 6 squadron that participated in the raid. Dead men tell no tales.

Bin Laden died years ago.

sigh....

I often wonder how many people on ATS just write stuff for the hell of it, you know, just kind of think to themselves; "this will get me a star".

What you have posted is factually incorrect just like the OP is factually incorrect saying that a photo of Bin Laden's corpse was leaked and I am sure if i bothered to go through some more comments in this thread i would find yet more factual inaccuracies.

I can never work out why some members of ATS go running of their mouths talking about something they know nothing about. You are saying that who whole of Red Squadron form DEVGRU, apart from one guy, are all dead, that's probably about 60 or so guys. So can you please source me to a link that says that the whole of Red Squadron is dead (other than that one guy).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join