It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Bin Laden raid files purged from Pentagon computers, sent to CIA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well, isn't this convenient....

The nation’s top special operations commander ordered military files about the Navy SEAL raid on Osama bin Laden’s hideout to be purged from Defense Department computers and sent to the CIA, where they could be more easily shielded from ever being made public.

It would seem that the public will never know what really happened during the alleged Bin Laden raid. Well, except in Govt. sponsored movies that is.

This is such a farce, it boggles the mind.

There are so many questions, loose ends, and inconsistencies surrounding this raid.

How does a top secret stealth helicopter get shot down/or just crash during a raid in the middle of the night?
Then it just gets left there, and we let Pakistan let the Chinese study it?
How do you screw up a raid that you had a whole year to plan?
Why do we wait a year to get Bin Laden in the first place?
Why was his body dumped in the ocean?
How did the image of him dead get leaked?
Why was the Govt. working with Hollywood to make a movie?

My opinion:
The "raid" was something else entirely, that went horribly wrong. It was such a mess that some type of news had to be released to cover up this epic fail. It had to be big enough to overshadow any screw-ups.

Trot out the Bin Laden story!

Obama gets a boost in approval ratings, everyone gets promoted. And any record of the event is locked away for "our own protection" of course, under the catch all of National Security.

Everybody wins.
Except us, but we don't matter.

Edit:
Sorry, forgot the source.
Washington Post

edit on 8-7-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

The nation’s top special operations commander ordered military files about the Navy SEAL raid on Osama bin Laden’s hideout to be purged from Defense Department computers and sent to the CIA, where they could be more easily shielded from ever being made public.

It would seem that the public will never know what really happened during the alleged Bin Laden raid. Well, except in Govt. sponsored movies that is.

There are so many questions, loose ends, and inconsistencies surrounding this raid.

How does a top secret stealth helicopter get shot down/or just crash during a raid in the middle of the night?

My opinion:
The "raid" was something else entirely, that went horribly wrong. It was such a mess that some type of news had to be released to cover up this epic fail. It had to be big enough to overshadow any screw-ups.

Obama gets a boost in approval ratings, everyone gets promoted. And any record of the event is locked away for "our own protection" of course, under the catch all of National Security.

Everybody wins.

Edit:
Washington Post

Pretty much for me, confirm the fact that Bin Laden was already a ghost, dead at least 10 years, before this lie was foisted upon the public. It's clear the president and his thug have no fear of operating outside the rule of law.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
All this reminds me of the Iranian Hostage crisis and the deception involved in that situation which was used to eventually extract the American nationals.

I think it would be fair to presume that similar tactics have once again be employed in this situation. Distract and deceive.

I am not really going to go on to speculate on what happened to Bin laden, as those theories have been inexhaustibly debated.

I could definitely see the powers that be trying to conceal such information as they probably use the same approach in other situations and other theaters of operations.

My opinion on the mater is that the Government will always have secrets and It will do much to either conceal the details or conceal the fact that they exist. Similar to PRISM and the Snowden leaks, they are probably trying to avoid similar breaches. Consolidate all the sensitive information to reduce the likelihood of the truth or details from being released.

I would be willing to wager that this is a direct result of the Snowden leaks and that we will see some new initiative, like the DOD blocking the Guardian, to dissuade people from leaking sensitive information.
edit on 8-7-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

My opinion:

Everybody wins.

Edit:
Washington Post

Didn't Obama originally run in 2008 on the platform that his administration(s) would be based on transparency? Between this, Benghazi, domestic surveillance, etc. , this has been, without a doubt, the most secretive administrations ever in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What amazes me is that government keeps going to the same old tactics. They tell the lie no matter how flimsy and don't give damn that no ones buying it. Worst yet is their ability to deny even when confronted with hard irrefutable evidence.

The danger here in my mind is this last bit. This attitude of yes we are lying and there is nothing the people can do. How long before they just do as they will and don't even bother to cover anything up?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
All this says to me is that the raid was a bloody farce, and that Bin Laden has been dead for nearly a decade.

The US allegedly found and killed the man who allegedly was responsible for the worst attack on the mainland since the war of 1812, and you mean to tell me you would prefer to keep the details a secret? Why?

Oh that's right, because it was a psy op.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Didn't we know from almost the day it occurred that it was a CIA operation? I remember a lot of discussion about Title 50 vs. Title 10. CIA owns the records, not the military. This has no FOIA implications, DOD wouldn't have released any records anyway, and even if they did 99% of them would be redacted as OGA information.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What are you insinuating? That the government is not truthfull? Has something to hide? That the whole thing was a cooked up falsehood? The burial at sea was so that the ghost of Teddy Kennedy could drive to the funeral? I find your accusations preposterous! They are keeping us safe you know! They are bringing "freedom" to all areas of the planet!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
new discovery re ancient sea faring ARKS in free ebook splendid color- Open Stargate Quantum Leap by 1st 5th contains authentic material on spec ops & remote viewing (new Open Stargate, after former CIA 'Stargate')...go to www.nuts4mars.com click links top right of homepage or -
www.scribd.com...

www.scribd.com... for your dessert, afterwards

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I would like to discuss this from the 9/11 perspective but I see ATS has a thread on the "WAR ON TERROR" which is bogus. That is the Gov selling something called "WAR ON TERROR" - (at least far as I see it)

The whole Bin Laden thing is one big lie. He has been a partner of the Bush Family (his family close to the Bush family) and he was a CIA asset from long ago.

When you factor in all the conflicting stories around him and his death, its obvious they are hiding something.

edit on 8-7-2013 by talisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If the government has nothing to hide......

The whole raid is bogus. There is only one living member from the SEAL Team 6 squadron that participated in the raid. Dead men tell no tales.

Bin Laden died years ago.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Q5 Leap trained/accessed reconnaissance psychic - the Stealth chopper went down because the Paki Military had chicken wire strung to thwart spec ops raids. RV trained psychic paints and other goodies on Bin's take down (assist by 1st 5th on psychic precog/tips with SEAL T6) see free ebooks full colowww.scribd.com... or top right of homepage www.nuts4mars.com
the Pakis hooked a large cable onto the tail end that was left after it was blown up, to cover for the intel they knew about the lines we had showing, it was supposed to be cover and clutter, there was no need for it, they had that stealth piece guarded. We are not so gullible... currently hunting for Al Qaeda #1 Dr Ayman Zawahiri ... he's NEXT ...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
www.scribd.com... for the chicken wire remote views of Bin's compound precog of the raid ... and intel after

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The only things swimming with the fishes in the deep blue sea?

Is your right to privacy,

Is that 'transparency'.

There is absolutely no proof Bin Laden is dead.

Just a politicians word.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well OP, Obama is doing his job, isn't he? He's "fundamentally transforming America" by running the most "transparent" administration in American history!

After all, how many others wage secret wars, with secret courts run by secret findings to assign secret targets to real people for termination and murder?

Now we very transparently see him move important historic records from a place that loses nothing, however much people wishes they would at times....to a place that loses EVERYTHING, even when keeping something is in their own best interest.

Oh yeah. our President has the judgement to set records with. All negative ones, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

what a bunch of liars..

delete it & make it go away

just like the Able Danger files..

or the pentagon videos..

or the molten metal under the trade center..

2.1 trillion missing from the defense budget..

the list goes on & on ...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Killing OBL never happened, he has been dead for a few years. This was just another political ploy, to gain a political advantage, Ironic that only one person (CIA person) identified the body. I find it Ironic that most of the members of seal team 6 are now dead, because of mysterious helicopter crashes (when they have the best equipment in the world) and one died in an alleged parachuting accident.

I guess the Pentagon and the government does not want the real information being distributed to the world. Of course, I am sure all of these events are coincidental. John

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Does it really matter if the files are held at DOD or at CIA?

Its all heavily classified anyway.

As a side note why are all the special committe hearings moving at such a snails pace? Is someone or a group of people hindering justice? Are there bribes involved? Will we EVER get to the bottom of ANYTHING? Will anyone ever face a criminal lawsuit by the government and go to jail if found guilty?

How is usa any better than pol pots dictatorship in cambodia? I bet those interim camps are being prepped as we speak to re-educate the stubborn and make the lazy work. All hail to his gay kenyan majesty obozo!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

My opinion:

Everybody wins.

Edit:
Washington Post

Actually, this ties in with another thread I just commented on. Some of you may or may not remember, but do you recall when this info about bin laden and the mission and his death came to light?

If I recall correctly, this story hit the news right around the same time, perhaps just after, Obama's birth certificate was released, and there was a big controversy about its authenticity.....

Of course, to think that they would time the release of a story like this as a distraction seems a bit cynical and perhaps paranoid, no? Even more so with the notion that the story was "cooked up" partly for just such a purpose....

I'm not saying that's definitely what happened.... just pointing out the connection, and the fact that some might speculate this....

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just my two cents obviously, I've never been an insider to government intelligence or US special operations. If they had lied about killing bin Laden or spreading lies about him having already been killed, I would think he'd jump on the opportunity to make whichever president at the time look like a liar.

Also, I forgot where I read it or heard it, but the helicopter could have gotten caught in its own downdraft from flying low, which would have been intensified by the 10 foot walls surrounding the courtyard.

That being said, I believe the operation was in fact to kill or detain bin Laden. However, I do find it odd that they'd bury him at sea. What other target would have demanded so much secrecy?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join